Where is the best sausage to be found (or purchased) in Pattaya?

Woody1

James Fortune up by the floating market does South African Boatong(sp) and Italian style sausages..

Can you explain the location please?

He sells Golf Carts and parts but for the last year or two has started this business - I've misplaced his card

[mod edit: email address deleted]

Jim Fortune of Fortune Golf Car Part Co. of Na Jomtien

// MOD EDIT

Email address delete as per the forum rules:

13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

You can forward the email address throught PM.

Edited by Phil Conners
Email address deleted

Jim lives in a village near the floating market indeed. Makes excellent South African Boereworst and his beef sticks are highly addictive! I have his number, PM me if you need it.

Not in Pattaya, but the best sausages I ever had in Thailand are made by Joe Sloane. www.sloanes-sausages.com

He used to be the executive chef at the Landmark in Bangkok before he started his sausage business. Excellent specialties from his home UK, but also French, Spanish and German varieties. And even though all his pork is made from free range pigs, his prices are on par with other suppliers mentioned here before.

Makcro have excellent sausages.

Speaking of dogs and sausages, did you hear about the two Italian nuns who were travelling to the United states for the first time? One nun told the other one that she had heard that Americans even eat dog. They went for a walk in Central Park and purchased two hot dogs. One nun looked inside her bread roll and said : " Sister, what part of the dog have you got?"

After reading this thread last Friday i popped into Friendship on Friday evening to buy some Sausage King sausages.

Not sure if i was being extremely unobservant or the packs are not clearly marked but I could not find the products. Looked in the freezer section and saw Yorkies etc, and the deli towards the front with some other brands. If anyone could tell me where they are stocked it would be appreciated. Sorry for such a trivial question which is down to my poor observation.

Don't tell anybody,whistling.gif the cheapest beer in town can be found at NIDA Bar in Soi Bhuakhou, 35 baht for an ice cold Chang Export. Can anybody beat that, it has to be a proper bar, not private small shop or 7/11.biggrin.png

How about a large Chang (non-Export) for 50B? That's very nearly twice the size of your 35B bottle.

But it is on the darkside.

What kind of sausage? There's a thousand different types you know, every country, including Thailand, have their speciality. A dog isn't just a dog!

Thanks for the help Phil, I'm particularly looking for English (style) sausages for a breakfasts. I apolagize for not making the topic title more evident, but I thought my OP would have cleared matters up.

PS, what have dogs got to do with sausages???

Buzz at Dillingers Famous Sausages...makes them by hand now but upcoming artisan eatery coming soon.

After reading this thread last Friday i popped into Friendship on Friday evening to buy some Sausage King sausages.

Not sure if i was being extremely unobservant or the packs are not clearly marked but I could not find the products. Looked in the freezer section and saw Yorkies etc, and the deli towards the front with some other brands. If anyone could tell me where they are stocked it would be appreciated. Sorry for such a trivial question which is down to my poor observation.

Normally in the same freezer section as Yorkies but on the bottom shelf. There selection of Sausage King produce has been very poor lately so wouldn't be surprised if there were none.

I buy Cumberland sausages in Makro called "fat boys" here op in Loei. They are excellent! Not sure if they will be in Pats though but worth a try.

In the frozen dept.

'Fat boy' is a name used by WWA Co Ltd on a lot of their meat products, and I would think they will be available in Pattaya as their company is located at Na Jomtien Pattaya!!!

I also buy them at Makro and are excellent as you say.

make your own , i have been doing it for years as all the sausages out there are <deleted>, i have even got my own machine to bring back with me this time so i can put the meat mix into skins, a simple recipe for a breakfast sausage 1kg of pork mince with 20% fat, 100g of bread crumbs, 5g of salt 5g of black pepper, a pinch of nutmeg and 5 grams of paprika,for a bit of a twist very finely chop half an onion and add that to the mix, mix it all up and make it in to patties ,

you will never buy those <deleted> sausages again, takes a bit of work to get it properly mixed but well worth the effort, put the patties into cling film and freeze them straight away to use as and when required, i cook them on the george forman grill or bbq them ,

just make sure everything is clean when making them, you dont want to be giving your matey botulism,

i spent 9 years as a butcher slaughterman it makes me think the butchers out there have never been butchers or were failed butchers in the uk if they cant get a simple sausage right....

Normally in the same freezer section as Yorkies but on the bottom shelf. There selection of Sausage King produce has been very poor lately so wouldn't be surprised if there were none.

I order from Sausage King directly. A few times product just wasn't available due to the demand/production amounts. I especially liked the curry sausages!

There are a few other guys doing sausages here and it was the same situation. You had to wait for the next batch to be ready.

I order from Sausage King directly. A few times product just wasn't available due to the demand/production amounts. I especially liked the curry sausages!

There are a few other guys doing sausages here and it was the same situation. You had to wait for the next batch to be ready.

Thanks guys, am in Pattaya tonight so will check- i would like to presume i looked down as well but possibly i just missed them.

There is a new delivery service in Pattaya. I know for a fact that she delivers pies.The best I have seen for ages. Not sure about sausages. But the pies are worth a go with out a doubt. I'm only here for a few months on a teaching gig, but I found out about her through a mate.

KTD pie is the name. Not sure if I can post details on here. Send me a PM.