What are they spraying?

BonnieandClyde

We get notified by village loudspeaker and when my GF meets them at our gate and says no thanks for reasons I previously mentioned they get annoyed and stand outside and spay as much fog into our property as they can which is not the first time I've encountered this kind of behavior when not towing the line. Our pesticide company (Global which I highly rec.) guys have a great laugh with me when I put on my gas mask style face mask when they spray organic pesticide (which burns my bare feet) around the house.

They came through spraying our village a while ago,motor bike and side car and it was definately chemically based. We heard them coming and closed all the doors and windows as my wife is highly allergic to chemicals of any kind. She felt ill for 2 days.Of course the fog only effectively covers the front garden while at the back the mosquitoes were still there in numbers.

I was told its a Government sponsored annual spraying but to my mind it totally useless. Instead of driving up and down sois they need to dismount and do all around the property ,obviously the cost would escalate.We were not advised they were coming otherwise we would have moved out for the day. Not hard to see why there are so many mosquitoes drains , rice fields ,stagnant water in pots etc everywhere in the wet season. An education program is needed like the annual "burning" issue but don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

What fun.

We got people believing things just because they were on a piece paper.

We got people believing a local newspaper quotes from a government official.

We got people thinking that what is sprayed in Phuket is and was the same as what is sprayed in Chiang Mai and others thinking that the same thing is and has been for years sprayed everywhere in Thailand.

We got a person suggesting that the health department may help and he is probably correct but he forgot to specify the mental health department.

And..... your point is?? We should take a sample and have it chemically tested by an independent laboratory and then state what the result was?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Source of information?The local bloke who sprays around our place says it's "Malathion" and I never come onto your property because it will kill your fish,3 ponds.Thanks for that.Told at the local Mum and Pop shop over a few drinks.

That's what I was told it was--admittedly years ago, and in another province, plus I didn't take the questioning any further up the chain--but, I believed the guys using the stuff.

Source of information?The local bloke who sprays around our place says it's "Malathion" and I never come onto your property because it will kill your fish,3 ponds.Thanks for that.Told at the local Mum and Pop shop over a few drinks.

That's what I was told it was--admittedly years ago, and in another province, plus I didn't take the questioning any further up the chain--but, I believed the guys using the stuff.

Well, if it's Deltamethrin, it's a safe bug killer, but lots of conflicting data on the internet. Bad for aquatic life.

Malathion is totally different, and it has a 3-day withholding period before fruit or vegies can be used after spraying.