Surf's up at girls-only Phuket Rip Curl festival

webfact

Surf's up at girls-only Phuket Rip Curl festival

1377253353_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- More than 200 girls from all over Southeast Asia will gather in Phuket for Rip Curl’s annual ‘Girls Go Surfing Day’ festival, being held from September 6-8, at Kata beach.

Over three days and two nights, attendees will have the chance to learn how to surf with professional surfers from Australia and Bali; take part in all day beach fun, including art, contests, shopping, games, health and beauty activities; and take to the water on fly-boards and jet-skis.

They will also enjoy a yacht trip out on the Andaman Sea; take part in the sunset opening ceremony at Sri Panwa; join the two night exclusive party at Sri Panwa with local DJs Pichy, Cleo-P and the CMYK crew; and for one night only, party with famous French soul and funk DJ and producer Onra.

If you want to be a Rip Curl surfer, you’ll need to do one of the following: Receive an invite from Rip Curl and Cheeze magazine; be the winner of Rip Curl games at facebook/ripcurlthailand; or buy a ticket for B900 on Saturday September 7 at Kata beach to get a full day surf lesson, access to all activities and an invite to the closing party ceremony. Be there or be square!

Girls Go Surfing Day is the world's largest event-based surfing programme, and has been organised by Rip Curl Australia for over 20 years. Rip Curl Thailand hosted it for the first time in 2012.

This year’s event is expected to attract girls from across Asia, including Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Singapore. For more information, visit facebook.com/ripcurlthailand

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/surf%E2%80%99s-up-at-girls-only-phuket-rip-curl-festival-41539.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-08-24

Sweet, hope there is some good surf. I've always encouraged girls to surf, even gave a few lessons to a few lucky ones. In Hawaii the women were real shredders and they went out on the big days too.

Sweet. I hope there are some hot babes there!

Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world but, even at it's best, Thai surf is mediocre. For me, the only thing that keeps Thai costal and island beaches from being perfect is the lack of good surf.

But not to be a sourpuss or accused of Thai bashing, I sincerely hope this event is a grand success. I may go just to ogle at the surfer babes.

Excellent Idea, great promotion!

Sure, if I were to be ultra picky, I could say it is a tad Sexist but just for once, I am not going to be ultra picky.

Congratulations to the TAT and all involved in this promotion!

I don't live near the beach but are Thais into surfing? Or even Thai women?

There were quite a few Thai guys and a few girls into surfing when I was a judge at the Kata Surf Contest five years ago. But as the article states there will be girls from all around asia coming for this.