Motorbike Driver dies after high-impact crash in Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Motorbike Driver dies after high-impact crash in Central Pattaya
PATTAYA:--In the early hours of Friday Police and rescue services were called to the Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya to deal with a fatal road crash which caused the death of a 29 year old motorbike driver.

The crash occurred at the Central Pattaya Road junction on the Sukhumvit Road and led to the arrest of Khun Suwichai aged 32, who was driving his pick-up through the junction at-speed, according to his Police Statement, and collided with the motorbike which was in the process of crossing over the Bangkok-bound carriageway with the assumed intention of initiating a U-turn onto the opposing carriageway.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/100111/motorbike-driver-dies-high-impact-crash-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-24

All the details are there for an accident.

Early hours.

At speed.

U turn.

Motorbike.

few words but they sum up what everyone puts on here.... RIP.

I could be completely wrong but there is an unwritten statistic that there are 1,000 deaths on the roads every month in LOS.

The other evening just before midnight there were two idiots of Middle Eastern origin doing wheelies along Beach Rd on some expensive-looking high-powered rental machine, neither wearing helmets.

They passed my truck on one wheel (missing it by about 1 foot, and missing pedestrians by a similar amount) and a minute or so later I saw them trying to push it backwards out of Walking Street. They then overtook me again (on both wheels) up South Rd.

I will never forget the look of delight on the policeman's face when he pulled them over at the 2nd Rd/South Rd junction.

Sad story but unclear who are was at fault; so why truck driver arrested.

Anybody who kills (your fault or not) a bike rider in a car/truck is arrested on the spot unless you got the class 1 insurance and the insurance will pay your bail bond, typical 200.000 baht.

Having a car/truck here without a 1'st class insurance is playing with fire.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Sad story but unclear who are was at fault; so why truck driver arrested.

In cases with injuries or even deaths, the driver(s) involved are detained pending the investigation. That's pretty common.

That's what the bail-bond-option in a first class insurance is for.

It doesn't say anything about being guilty or not, it's just to prevent possible runners from ..... well....running.