which mobile for Europe, USA and Latin America?

THAIPHUKET

Iphone or Android? Requirements are= portability (i.e.no over-sized new one ) reliability. Replaceable battery so you can carry a second one. Buy in New York?

IPhones don't have replaceable batteries BUT you can get battery tenders. What US network? Where else are you going to use it.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Your question MR Thaicbr - which US network exposes directly my naivety, I have no clue., All I know is that

-in Germany the mobile will be used most of the time

- in NY city and Connecticut used for 2 weeks,

-in Chile/ Peru perhaps Argentina several months

Your question MR Thaicbr - which US network exposes directly my naivety, I have no clue., All I know is that

-in Germany the mobile will be used most of the time

- in NY city and Connecticut used for 2 weeks, 

-in Chile/ Peru perhaps Argentina several months

Lomo. Will be along shortly to advise on the US. As for Europe and South America. It will need 2100 and 850 3g.

I would say a Nexus 4 would a nice phone and not to expensive.

Thanks, I love it, not too many options ..............you relieved me of the pain of choosing!

Battery changes are possible but not easy. Are there small external batteries which can make long bus rides more pleasant? I guess noise-canceling headphones or any headphone rather than earphones will draw too much power, or not?

Which modes saves more power -airplane mode or shutting completely off and re-starting?

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Thanks, I love it, not too many options ..............you relieved me of the pain of choosing!

Battery changes are possible but not easy. Are there small external batteries which can make long bus rides more pleasant? I guess noise-canceling headphones or any headphone rather than earphones will draw too much power, or not?

Which modes saves more power -airplane mode or shutting completely off and re-starting?

There are many different external batteries in various sizes.. noise canceling headphones should have their own battery. If you are on a flight but want to watch a movie or listen to music then you have to airline mode.

Turning off saves the most power... because it's off :D