Firefox version 23.0.1

Valentine

Ever since I downloaded this version 3 days ago everything keeps locking up for a few seconds, even as I am typing this. Go to another browser & no problem. Anyone else with a similar experience or a solution. I suppose I could delete this version & install an earlier one but worry I will lose all my bookmarks etc.

It also may happened that your Firefox profile is corrupted. Run:

firefox.exe -p

Then make a new profile (it will also have no plugins which is an advantage here) and run Firefox with it to check if it works fine.

Profile selection is sticky, so to return to the original profile, run

firefox.exe -p

again.

Also consider asking the question at a more specific community like superuser or mozilla.org.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same problem.

easy to fix:

from the firefox tab on the top left select "help" then "troubleshouting information"

in the newly opened tab click on "reset firefox" on the top right of the screen.

And voila.

bookmarks, history and so on are still there.

I also have that problem. Also I get the PDF message about using another reader at the top of the screen, when there is no PDF file. I click use another reader and it goes away, There is no PDF file. I had this last problem with the last version also. I disabled the firefox PDF reader and of course the problem went away. But I liked the reader when it worked since it was faster than opening another reader.