Our ultimate goal is to bring down the 'Thaksin regime'

webfact

The point is they were banned by the "PAD associated" Lawyers Council of Thailand for 5 years, not life! but never charged by the police.

Reason given:

No evidence. No photo evidence. No money. Just a tall tale.

Thus Pichit Cheunban could become an MP.

I'm not saying the money didn't exist but I am saying it suited the purposes of the Assets scrutiny committee.

Thaksin and his lawyers were in trouble. Very convenient.

No, the point is they spent 6 months in prison and the dirty Dubai rat they made the bribe on behalf of got away scot free.

Another point is Pichit Cheunban ended up on the PTP payroll, not a "PAD associated" one.

I don't think there is any question of the existence of the money, even though you seem to think it convenient.

The following is quoted from the story in the first link you posted in comment # 145 :

"June 17th 2008, It had emerged that Thana Tansiri, a legal representative of Thaksin Shinawatra was being implicated. Thana, when interviewed by the Investigation Panel tried to pass the incident off as a case of his driver giving him the wrong bag, one with 2 million baht as opposed to a similar one with pastries in."

Why don't you just man up and admit that the guy you so valiantly defend is nothing but a sneaky, conniving crook ?

Because if you understood it you would know that this lawyer disappeared before the investigative panel held their session that lasted 2 weeks. The principal prosecution witness was AWOL.

The only evidence was a written statement from this lawyer who went missing.

The defense couldn't cross-examine him either. No bank accounts were investigated.

Talk about fishy. Thaksin could be condemned in his absence.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is they were banned by the "PAD associated" Lawyers Council of Thailand for 5 years, not life! but never charged by the police.

Reason given:

No evidence. No photo evidence. No money. Just a tall tale.

Thus Pichit Cheunban could become an MP.

I'm not saying the money didn't exist but I am saying it suited the purposes of the Assets scrutiny committee.

Thaksin and his lawyers were in trouble. Very convenient.

No, the point is they spent 6 months in prison and the dirty Dubai rat they made the bribe on behalf of got away scot free.

Another point is Pichit Cheunban ended up on the PTP payroll, not a "PAD associated" one.

I don't think there is any question of the existence of the money, even though you seem to think it convenient.

The following is quoted from the story in the first link you posted in comment # 145 :

"June 17th 2008, It had emerged that Thana Tansiri, a legal representative of Thaksin Shinawatra was being implicated. Thana, when interviewed by the Investigation Panel tried to pass the incident off as a case of his driver giving him the wrong bag, one with 2 million baht as opposed to a similar one with pastries in."

Why don't you just man up and admit that the guy you so valiantly defend is nothing but a sneaky, conniving crook ?

Because if you understood it you would know that this lawyer disappeared before the investigative panel held their session that lasted 2 weeks. The principal prosecution witness was AWOL.

The only evidence was a written statement from this lawyer who went missing.

The defense couldn't cross-examine him either. No bank accounts were investigated.

Talk about fishy. Thaksin could be condemned in his absence.

Maybe it was all true.
Maybe the lawyer tried to bribe the judges in the case brought by the Asset Scrutiny Committee to deliver a not guilty verdict.
Maybe he disappeared because he didn't want to be cross-examined.
It doesn't ring true however when you consider that the Asset Scrutiny Commitee was instigated and led by a member of the PAD and that the tribunal were themselves associated with the PAD and were opposed to Thaksin.
No way was he going to get off.
They went to great lengths to force unwilling witnesses at the Bank to come forward and testify.
They had to make up some justification for their coup.

@ Nickymaster - I told my wife I was going to join the redshirts and she said "ok, up to you". Then I showed her the picture you posted in comment #136 and she said "like bloody hell", or words to that effect. What's wrong with these Thai ladies ? whistling.gif

@ Nickymaster - I told my wife I was going to join the redshirts and she said "ok, up to you". Then I showed her the picture you posted in comment #136 and she said "like bloody hell", or words to that effect. What's wrong with these Thai ladies ? whistling.gif

For one thing, they aren't Thai ladies. ;)

Duno.. Maybe she cares about your safety? In public they look fairly peacefull but who knows what the are up to in a private setting.

Edited by Nickymaster