'Drugs planted on Australian couple' in Thailand

webfact

The Thai media says that the Aust Embassy denied it, but that is completely false and just made up by the media who did not investigate the incident.

Justin Brown from the Consulate Division publically says that he helped the couple. Can hear it from the horses mouth right here.

Drugs planted in couple's bag on Thai holiday

ninemsn staff

6:25pm August 28, 2013

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/08/28/18/25/couple-accused-of-drug-trafficking-on-thai-holiday

To be fair chooka Justin never admitted to personally helping the couple, it was said by the aCA reporter that he did.

Jason also never claimed that he had said to ditch the drugs and all the rest - this was claimed by the couple.

Seems aCA have been taking detective lessons from a certain former DPM here, solving the case in 24 hours or less by claiming it was the hotel that did it. No proof that it was the hotel.

I thought it was also rumoured that "Dave" is a copper? In the interview he's now a landscaper?

Furthermore, why not come out and say which hotel it was, no fear of libel or slander.

The whole "shocking" turn of events lasted a ratings winning 4 and a bit minutes.

To the porter who asked the questions, bloke was doing his job, asking how long they'd be, where are they going, what are they doing, where are they flying to.. Nothing sinister there, just trying to help out, he would know how difficult and unpredictable Bangkok traffic can be.

I think it was mentioned up thread that the family were the ones to notify the media and it snowballed. Sounds like someone was telling them porkies but they didn't expect their family to go to the media and cry foul and they've had to play along with it.

Wonder if Ambassador Wise has been summonsed by Minister Surapong yet. Or is Minist Carr on his way?

Edited by GrantSmith

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the porter who asked the questions, bloke was doing his job, asking how long they'd be, where are they going, what are they doing, where are they flying to.. Nothing sinister there, just trying to help out, he would know how difficult and unpredictable Bangkok traffic can be.

What? A porters job is to carry bags over a short distance, either in to or out of the hotel, they are not travel planners.

If one was quizzing me like that he would get some funny looks.

Edited by Thaddeus

What? A porters job is to carry bags over a short distance, either in to or out of the hotel, they are not travel planners.

If one was quizzing me like that he would get some funny looks.

Errr... Ummm... What? Take off your tin foil hat...

A porters job is a lot more than that, I can assure you!

Edited by GrantSmith

I am having doubts about this story! they would have had to fly from Don Muang to Phuket, at DM you have to go through security screening on entering the airport, your luggage goes through their x-ray machine before you get to check-in! I would have thought they might have mentioned that in the radio interview, for some obvious reasons! Also I would have thought they would have noticed the damaged luggage at that time, not when checking in?

It would have been a perfect time for the scam artist or airport security to nab them.

Seems odd they would fly to Phuket to be scammed when by their account the drugs were planted in the luggage at the hotel in Bangkok. Also if I remember the security at Phuket domestic arrivals is none existent, i.e. you claim your baggage but there are not customs checks.

but that's my opinion.

Agreed- 110% my belief is they were using weed whilst here and were panicked that the scent might attract sniffer dogs.Did they photograph it? how the hell would the hotel organise or even be bothered cutting lock, planting the gear (handful)..then arrange for someone at Phuket to nab them on arrival all in 30 mins.

No hotel named nor would they use their real names in australian interview? 15 minute fame story. It's not unusual to see people at airports re arranging their suitcases-happens all the time, particularly in excess baggage scenarios. I have had to do it many times.