Suet

Mark79

Has anyone recently been able to find beef suet anywhere in BKK?

I read a thread from 2011 on here that it was available in Villa. I've just searched the isles of the Villa near Suk 33 with no luck, but not been upto the Thonglor one yet.

Fancy making a nice steak and kidney pudding or some mince and dumplings.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark.....as of a year or so ago, you could raw, unprocessed beef suet (also beef marrow "in bone", and pork lard) at Villa Market on Sukhumvit Soi 11 or at Foodland on Sukhumvit Soi 5. I don't recall exact prices other than to say it was all priced closer to remnant cuts as opposed to premium cuts.

I hope that helps you.

CHEERS!

D

• 1 month later...

Hey Mark.....as of a year or so ago, you could raw, unprocessed beef suet (also beef marrow "in bone", and pork lard) at Villa Market on Sukhumvit Soi 11 or at Foodland on Sukhumvit Soi 5. I don't recall exact prices other than to say it was all priced closer to remnant cuts as opposed to premium cuts.

I hope that helps you.

CHEERS!

D

I hope that helps you.

CHEERS!

D

When you mention suet, what about Atora? I used to buy it here, but I have looked everywhere in Bangkok and Pattaya. Foodland, Villa etc. Anyone know where I can find it?

I hope that helps you.

CHEERS!

D

When you mention suet, what about Atora? I used to buy it here, but I have looked everywhere in Bangkok and Pattaya. Foodland, Villa etc. Anyone know where I can find it?

Friendship (Pattaya) sometimes stock the veggie Atora

I hope that helps you.

CHEERS!

D

Friendship (Pattaya) sometimes stock the veggie Atora

Thanks Mr Nesbitt, I will be in Pattaya next week and will look in.

Rendered it myself. About 2 hours in the oven on low heat. Do the same with pork fat for regular cooking and duck for roast veg and confit. Lovely stuff and way cleaner taste than cooking oil imo.

Rendered it myself. About 2 hours in the oven on low heat. Do the same with pork fat for regular cooking and duck for roast veg and confit. Lovely stuff and way cleaner taste than cooking oil imo.

I have been doing my own pork and duck fat but hadn't thought of Beef, too lazy as the local butcher supplies it.