Is Thai Airways too cheap to hire fluent English writers or are they cheating?

hermespan

I accept that different fare levels have different restrictions. But going online I see a switch in policy from one page to the other. Exact words on website...

Lowest price Thai Saver Plus reads "flight/date change with fee, non-refundable"

Higher price Thai flexi saver reads " flight/date changeable, refundable" the insinuation by contrast that there us no fee to change with flexi saver. But when I get further along about to purchase the website terms read that there us a fee to change flexi saver.

Error, incompetence or fraud?

Some fares are non-refundable.

Some fares are refundable, but you have to pay a fee.

Some fares cannot be changed.

Some fares can be changed, but you may have to pay a fee.

(Note there are variations depending on whether travel has commneced, or not.)

With TG on BKK-PNH it looks like they have

Saver Plus: not refundable, change fee is 3,000 THB

Flexi Saver: refundable (before travel begins for a 2,000 THB fee); change fees vary from 1,000 to 2,000 THB

Flexi: : refundable (before travel begins for a 2,000 THB fee, partial after travel begins); change fees vary from 1,000 to 2,000 THB

Language/terms on the TG site seem fine to me. Suspect PEBKAC on this one.

Wow allot of post on flying, I guess this is all new to you. It may seem like a scam but once you learn how things work with airlines and learn the lingo it will all make sense. Actually the airlines here in Asia are allot cheaper and provide more than most US and European airlines. There are allot of fees the airlines have to pay this is passed on to you. You said something about a flight from PNH-BKK and flying one direction was cheaper than another. As stated there are allot of factors that come into play. Landing fees at one airport could be higher than the other. Airport tax etc and then on top of that you have availability of seats.