Aquaponics/Hyroponics

hatrick

To the OP ... there are quite a few topics on the subject in the Farming forum.

This one is at 9 pages ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/152056-hydroponic-farming/

Also search out some of the other topics that are related in the Farming Forum.

Enjoy ...

EDITED to add, have at look at this post ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/623095-fish-farms-201/?p=6691829

Contains the ...

DESIGN GUIDE FOR RECIRCULATING AQUACULTURE SYSTEM.

Prepared By: Rowan University.

Prepared for Sioux Indian Reservation.

March 2006

Edited by David48

Thank you for the links. I was hoping there may be someone currently in the Chiang Mai area with an Aquaponic system. I have met the Dutch guys at Take me Home Tomatoes but am still looking to find a current set up. The Rowan Uni article is excellent

Thanks

• Like 1

Yes, a man named Walter who has a set up near Doi Saket does Talapia and is currently working on adding the vegetables. Stop by and I'll get you his number. Dave

Thanks Dave - could you send me Walter's number on < email removed - send a PM > much appreciated Edited by onthedarkside

AP is great for backyard set up ...as hobby .It gets complicated if you have to make money from it.

I got a large set up,supposedly to be commercial but after 2 years it is still not making money.

I got lots of nice fish ,but the thai market is cheaper ,I found it hard to sell the fish..to the point that we opened a fish'n chips shop to see if we can make work that way.

AP is expensive to run compered to dirt ponds or cages in the river.And there is plenty of tilapia on the market in thailand.

The veggies are not doing to well either ...to hot down here ,there is rather a short period of good conditions for western varieties

Up in the hills it is way better then down here

I am happy too share info's just pm