Gold digging bar girls...or girls with a heart of gold!

mengfarmer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh......In 14 years here I personally have never received one baht from a bar girl. I have loaned money to bar girls, and never saw one baht of that either. Perhaps I am flawed and cannot attract good girls...... But anyway, let's sit back and wait for the bar girl heart of gold stories to pour in. :-)

Many years ago I got into a bet with a BG over who could drink the most tequila, and loser would pay the bill, she lost and give her due she did pay for all the tequlia, however at that stage in the proceedings she could have taken the money out of my pocket and paid with that, I would have not known..being a little worse for wear, however next morning when emptying out my jeans pockets, I noticed I still had quite a bit of money on me....so concluded that maybe she did put her hand in her own pocket in this instance

of course the cynical readers including me would suggest she was playing the long game...biggrin.png

does this count as a hooker with a heart of gold story ?

Ahhhh......In 14 years here I personally have never received one baht from a bar girl. I have loaned money to bar girls, and never saw one baht of that either. Perhaps I am flawed and cannot attract good girls...... But anyway, let's sit back and wait for the bar girl heart of gold stories to pour in. :-)

Many years ago I got into a bet with a BG over who could drink the most tequila, and loser would pay the bill, she lost and give her due she did pay for all the tequlia, however at that stage in the proceedings she could have taken the money out of my pocket and paid with that, I would have not known..being a little worse for wear, however next morning when emptying out my jeans pockets, I noticed I still had quite a bit of money on me....so concluded that maybe she did put her hand in her own pocket in this instance

of course the cynical readers including me would suggest she was playing the long game...biggrin.png

does this count as a hooker with a heart of gold story ?

Yes but only if you were both drinking Cuervo gold tequila...... Surprised you won if she made the challenge.

I once knew a bar girl in Phuket who seemingly lived on only somtam and Heineken beer. And she in fact could out

drink me.......I lived in Alaska for five years, so drinking was not unknown to me. Yet I would watch in amazement as night after night, her beer would be finished first and she would be ordering a new round..... She weighed

40 kilos, so I could not figure out where the beers went to. :-)

Hedghog, I love bar girls too. I go with the nice girls, and the gold digging girls always me smile when they tell me their stories of fleecing farangs. So really just a matter of deciding who you want to go with......

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I love Bar girls.

They have a special place in society.

It is not a lowly place,but maybe sometimes a lonely place.

Good luck to them.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes... a ladydrink on my bill goes out to every bargirl in town

One saved my life, Got me to hospital. and even told my mates were my cash back up was. Told them to ask how much was there, to prove she hadn't stolen any as they went with her to pack my case. (I was flying home that night.)

One saved my life, Got me to hospital. and even told my mates were my cash back up was. Told them to ask how much was there, to prove she hadn't stolen any as they went with her to pack my case. (I was flying home that night.)

". Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance."

Side note Mosha , but I love your George Orwell tagline quote. Sure fits Thailand like a glove...

And yes a bar girl saved me one time as well. I was drugged in a small Nana gogo bar,

and it hit me just as I was entering the Nana hotel disco. If she had not gotten me back to

my room, not sure what would have happened. But being passed out in front of the Nana

hotel, it would not have been good... :-) For the apologists, I had had about 6 beers that

night.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

one suspects yours will be a single post I am afraid, all TV's members are married to Hi So Thai-chinese ladies, who have double doctorates in nuclear physic's and whose familes are well connected in the Thai police, Military,usually Generals, immigration, or goverment (tick all applicable)

Thai visa members have never visited a beers bar, are unaware of what exactly a BG is, and they came to Thailand to visit the temples and beaches, and met their wives at a Thai goverment dinner hosted by the PM at the time...

And of course one must futher note that numerous TV member's of this elite club appear to have holiday homes in Isaan....20x20xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x width=20 alt=tongue.png>

OK, I have to say Soutpeel that you are wrong in your generalization. Perhaps you should have said most TV members, not all.

Temples and beaches never held an attraction, I know what a Beer Garden is and I don't have a holiday home in Isaan, yet.

That said, you were spot on about the wife, her education and the FIL....................tongue.png

Does becoming friends with bar girls count?? I have many friends who would buy a drink, share in food, care about their family and friends, etc. That counts as a heart of gold to me, the same characteristics as my friends at home. Sure they do what they do for money, but when your not a customer, your both the same as any other person!

Sent from my LT26i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've met a few bar girls that wanted to have a heart of gold, unfortunately, they didn't have it in them.

the first 2yrs in patts.[80's] i sampled much of the local produce,made many trips to those shops with sparkling yellow chains hanging up.but i never met a ting or encounted b.s. like this story,and where did the saying "NO MONEY NO HONEY" COME FROM anyway its toooooooooooooo sweet for me.

hi honey you lie me.

one suspects yours will be a single post I am afraid, all TV's members are married to Hi So Thai-chinese ladies, who have double doctorates in nuclear physic's and whose familes are well connected in the Thai police, Military,usually Generals, immigration, or goverment (tick all applicable)

Thai visa members have never visited a beers bar, are unaware of what exactly a BG is, and they came to Thailand to visit the temples and beaches, and met their wives at a Thai goverment dinner hosted by the PM at the time...

And of course one must futher note that numerous TV member's of this elite club appear to have holiday homes in Isaan....tongue.png

I was chatting in a bar, to one farang who claimed his wife was a Nobel prize-winner & her dad owned a brewery, but I might have dreamt it all ? laugh.png

This thred diddent really turn out the way I had hoped, but it gave some intresting discussion and a few laughs so I guess it was alright!

The post with "heart of gold" - neil young I have to say was a to obvious choise of music for me (great song dough)

I would have chosen this one

• Like 1

Over the past 4 years I have had the opportunity to work with and meet many bar girls. Some are okay, some are not okay and some are just plain crazy. Just like everybody else. It is a very difficult occupation. The times I meet them "off" the clock when they come home (I live in Northern Isaan) is when you really get to know them. And to date I have never met one that has had a heart of gold. Sorry to say.

They may be friendly, they may be helpful, they may be caring, they may be loving, they are mostly all mother's trying to support their family in some form or another.

But a heart of gold........nope. I have lent money to some (well my wife has) and have always been repaid. But I have never heard of them lending money to "help" someone out. They can not afford to be "soft" because if they let their guard down, even for a second, it can be devastating.

To the poster......I hate to judge people, but what they heck are you doing in Thailand, broke, drunk and needing the help of bar girls to get you back on your feet again? It is no wonder the Thai government is always looking at ways to make it more difficult for those of us who just want to live here in peace.

Ugh.......and people ask why farangs don't talk to other farangs when we meet them in Tesco.......

They can not afford to be "soft" because if they let their guard down, even for a second, it can be devastating.

But that´s just not true...Met many who let theri guard down easy...What kind of bars to you people go to I ask myself? What kind of girls have you met? I met girls from phuket to pattaya to bangkok to karaokee bars in Buriram and in all of those places there been "girls with a heart of gold" Maybe you dont treat girls so well so they dont want to give something back? I dont know, just thinking...

To the poster......I hate to judge people, but what they heck are you doing in Thailand, broke, drunk and needing the help of bar girls to get you back on your feet again? It is no wonder the Thai government is always looking at ways to make it more difficult for those of us who just want to live here in peace.

Well I´m an alocholic...sometimes I have alot...two days later I have nothing...Its the story of an addict....

Been deported 3 times, always with I smile from friendly immigration officers and always been welcomed back

They can not afford to be "soft" because if they let their guard down, even for a second, it can be devastating.

But that´s just not true...Met many who let theri guard down easy...What kind of bars to you people go to I ask myself? What kind of girls have you met? I met girls from phuket to pattaya to bangkok to karaokee bars in Buriram and in all of those places there been "girls with a heart of gold" Maybe you dont treat girls so well so they dont want to give something back? I dont know, just thinking...

Well I´m an alocholic...sometimes I have alot...two days later I have nothing...Its the story of an addict....

Been deported 3 times, always with I smile from friendly immigration officers and always been welcomed back

and you seem proud of what you are,,,,,

good bye

and you seem proud of what you are,,,,,

good bye

Being proud is not the same as being honest. You should know that.

And of course one must futher note that numerous TV member's of this elite club appear to have holiday homes in Isaan....20x20xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x width=20 alt=tongue.png>

OK, I have to say Soutpeel that you are wrong in your generalization. Perhaps you should have said most TV members, not all.

Temples and beaches never held an attraction, I know what a Beer Garden is and I don't have a holiday home in Isaan, yet.

That said, you were spot on about the wife, her education and the FIL....................tongue.png

That's all well and good, but do you know any quality Thai welders ?

• Like 1

I met a bar girl called Ting, she told me a story about a guy she picked up from a gutter in Patts., She picked him up, showered him and tried to look after him.

Turned out that after dozens of chances she had to leave him because he was a no mark loser that like trolling on the internet.

Shame that, Ting is a nice girl. coffee1.gif

post-98036-0-48840100-1377752451_thumb.j

• Like 2

I say 75% of girls that work of have worked then entered into a relationship are prepared to give it a try and commit to one person but it depends on the following to if someone gets hurt

Age difference and if more than 10 years may effect it

If one of the party drinks regularly and or takes drugs

If the male part of the relationship takes with partners, massages ect when the girl is away or not about

If either party is abusive or rude to other ( loss of face )

If the male does not offer help to finance family or allow GF to work in some way to help

If the relationship moves to quickly

If either rather the company of friends

If you have always only lived in your country of origin and do not understand cultures are different

As for gold drigging or heart of gold - well I have about twenty or so friends that have married BG's here in the Uk all are lovely two of them split from their partners and re married the others a a mix of great wife's and mums or happily in a relationship.

My of my friends that have married British girls I say 65% are divorced or not happy with the wife leaving and taking half of everything.

From my perspective when we holiday in Thailand some of the kindest things that have happened to us have been brought along by BG's ramdon acts of kindness above and beyond.

Like everything else in life - you get out what you put in to gain respect and love you must also offer it.

I would like to think that there are a mix of good bad and very good and very bad we do love to rant about the bad and tend to forget about the good.

So in short - I think many have a heart of gold - we as educated Falang have had a better start in life and most have had a decent education if you still fall into the laps of a bad person it's not due to it being a bad BG involved but the fact you ignore the advice given, behave badly and perhaps not actually understand the culture of all thing Asia.

2 points ....... you are a perfect example of the expression "most statistics are made up" ....... Point 2 ...... most well educated Farang don't marry hookers ...... it's the poorly educated ones who do.

I realize you said "decent" ....... if someone actually has a decent education he would be better educated than to marry a hooker

Edited by MrRealDeal

I know it's not the case in every situation but it's usually pretty easy to see a if a bar girl is a gold digger

If your a 60 year old fat ugly farang and she is a pretty 20 year old bar girl

I think it's safe to say sheS with you for your money (this is true for bar girls and non bar girls)

Funnily enough I've noticed in the 12 years since I've been here how different bar girls and so called "hi so" thai girls are towards me

When I was fit 19 and good looking I had any girl I wanted never had to pay them and even had them pay their own bar fines and buy me drinks

Now at 30 after years of drinking singha over eating Thai food and not caring so much about my appearance

Money seems to be a lot more of an issue when I meet any girls!

• Like 1