Air Asia Baggage Fees.

tomx2

Hi.

I am a little confuse on how the baggage fee are charge for checked luggage on Air Asia.

Normally I fly with Bangkok Airways but their current RT fare is $300.00 for my flight date.

I am planning to fly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh (Sept 25th). I will have 2 checked luggage with a combined weight of 32kg. Can someone tell me how much more I will be expected to pay per kg for my overweight luggage? I will also have a small carry-on.

Thanks.

TC.

Mate, make sure you prepay the extra luggage online before you get to the airport. It will be heaps cheaper.

I flew Sing to Bangkok with Mrs and even though we paid for 45kg (25+20), I was 3kg over and got stung $65 sing. Online would have barley been $10.

They are harsh and unforgiving.

Mate, make sure you prepay the extra luggage online before you get to the airport. It will be heaps cheaper.

I flew Sing to Bangkok with Mrs and even though we paid for 45kg (25+20), I was 3kg over and got stung $65 sing. Online would have barley been $10.

Thanks Mcyachty.

I did a simulated online booking just get my airfare price. The price was 3,790 THB RT(see attached image) I stopped after getting the price.

According your email, I should pre-book my kg fee. It appears I will need 35kg which will be 1300 THB pre-book.

So I assume my total price for round trip will be 3,790.00 + 1300 + 1300 = 6390 THB.

I notice the booking (under add-on service) there was a note stating “check baggage up to 20kg” and there is a 500 thb charge.

I will need 35kg. If I continue booking, will get a prompt to increase my kg up by 15kg?

Thanks.

TC

post-256-0-90257300-1377615334_thumb.jpg

I've just booked a return flight Bangkok - KL - Bangkok with Malaysia Airlines. They are a bit more expensive than Air Asia (7,200B v 5,500B) but convenient as they fly from Swampy. But here's the rub, they give you 30kg free hold luggage allowance in economy and they feed you with a proper meal.

Maybe Air Asia isn't so cheap after all?

We have the same arguments in the UK with RyanAir who charge extra for absolutely everything whereas British Airways have everything included and are often cheaper. Plus RyanAir fly to wierd out of the way airports. But I won't accuse Air Asia of that.

I've just booked a return flight Bangkok - KL - Bangkok with Malaysia Airlines. They are a bit more expensive than Air Asia (7,200B v 5,500B) but convenient as they fly from Swampy. But here's the rub, they give you 30kg free hold luggage allowance in economy and they feed you with a proper meal.

Maybe Air Asia isn't so cheap after all?

We have the same arguments in the UK with RyanAir who charge extra for absolutely everything whereas British Airways have everything included and are often cheaper. Plus RyanAir fly to wierd out of the way airports. But I won't accuse Air Asia of that.

The problem with Malaysian Airlines and British Air (aside from the fact that they don't fly DMK-PNH) is that if you exceed their weight limit, their overweight fees are equally bad as Air Asia. Air Asia is one of the few airlines that will allow 40kgs with no overweight fees.

Here are their fees for that flight - http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/our-fares/fees-and-charges.page#

Checked Baggage (Pre-book) International (up to 15kg) THB 400 International (up to 20kg) THB 500 International (up to 25kg) THB 550 International (up to 30kg) THB 1000 International (up to 35kg) THB 1300 International (up to 40kg) THB 2000

Air Asia are not so cheap anymore.

I flew to Sing for a trade show and booked with Thai because I was taking brochures etc. price of fare similar when you take into account the "extras".

The key is to pay before you get to the check in counter.

My calculations show that the fare plus airport tax will be ฿1290.00. no seat booking, no meals.

35kg of baggage will cost you ฿1300, but no piece of baggage can weigh more than 32kg. So you can have two suitcases of say 17.5kg each. also 7kg of cabin baggage. Everything is usually checked for weight. I also have a small backpack for my laptop and a few snacks and reading matter for long distance travel.