Browning?

ESCAPIS

I clicked on the link and it shows that basically, it's just a caramel solution with a little salt and preservation. If you can't find it, it should be easy enough to make a substitue.. Just caramelize some sugar, dilute it in water and throw in the salt and keep in the fridge.

...just caramelize some sugar, dilute it in water and throw in the salt and keep in the fridge.

I 'll try it. Though for the life of me I can't remember any sweetness from this elusive sauce.

Where I'm from, it's called Kitchen Bouquet. Selling it for over 100yrs. in the US. More to it than caramelized sugar, water, and salt.

I have my doubts you will find it here.

Edited by kennedy

Kennedy, you obviously know what I was talking about.

I would have to wait for someone coming from home or the states to pick it up.

Have you ever used it?

Yes, in eye dropper amounts whilst you could end up with blackened instead of browned. No sugar taste. Google for recipes. Good stuff IMO.

...just caramelize some sugar, dilute it in water and throw in the salt and keep in the fridge.

I 'll try it. Though for the life of me I can't remember any sweetness from this elusive sauce.

If you caramelize it enough it won't be sweet. Just bitter. But in the amounts you need for coloring that shouldn't matter.