Photographer abducted, robbed and dumped in East Pattaya street

webfact

Photographer abducted, robbed and dumped in East Pattaya street

cuff-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday Banglamung Police were called to Soi 43 off the Sukhumvit Road in East Pattaya where a motorbike taxi driver had spotted a handcuffed man who was appealing for help.

Police arrived and spoke with Khun Worapon aged 32, who works as a professional photographer. He was handcuffed behind his back and claimed he had been abducted from a Bar in the Kow Mai Gaew area, by a group of men who identified themselves as Police Officers, and then robbed of his ATM card and gold ring. He was then dumped in Soi 43 where he was spotted by the taxi driver.

Khun Chalermchai aged 44 was offered 2,000 Baht by Khun Worapon who wanted to be taken back to the area he was abducted from. The taxi driver was suspicious and thought the man may be an escaped prisoner and called the Police.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/100718/photographer-abducted-robbed-dumped-east-pattaya-street/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-29

Don't ANY newspapers in Thailand have reporters with the necessary language and narrative skills to lay out a story in clear and logical fashion? Apparently not.

I don't see your problem with this story. It gives enough information to lay out all the facts we need to understand what happened. To me anyway

Question. Is Pattaya the crime capital of Thailand? I don't live there but it seems like every day there is another crime reported.

In a city the size of Pattaya i would be more worried if no crimes were reported.

Yes I am aware of many fake police crimes but not in this particular way

Don't ANY newspapers in Thailand have reporters with the necessary language and narrative skills to lay out a story in clear and logical fashion? Apparently not.

You should read the report of this incident that is on the Pattaya Daily News.

www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/29/claims-to-be-abducted-by-police

I especially like the lines ‘a suspect covered in handcuffs’, 'wacky and shocked condition' and ‘He tried to regain conscious’

I have no idea which language this is written in but it’s not English.

I don't see your problem with this story. It gives enough information to lay out all the facts we need to understand what happened. To me anyway

Your crystal ball works much better than mine it seems. Who are the two 'heavies' dragging the cuffed unfortunate along?

A good reporter should ask himself has he answered the questions when, where, how, why, by whom, before filing copy. Reporting 101.

Many people fail examinations because after setting down their responses, don't bother to read through what they have written and then asked themselves 'have I answered the question.'

Your crystal ball works much better than mine it seems. Who are the two 'heavies' dragging the cuffed unfortunate along?

A good reporter should ask himself has he answered the questions when, where, how, why, by whom, before filing copy. Reporting 101.

Many people fail examinations because after setting down their responses, don't bother to read through what they have written and then asked themselves 'have I answered the question.'

No I don’t have a crystal ball I just read the story and here is the information

When In the early hours of Thursday

Where Soi 43 off the Sukhumvit Road in East Pattaya

How Abducted

Why To steal 50,000 baht

by whom Fake Police officers

Who are the two 'heavies' dragging the cuffed unfortunate along? Don’t know but not relevant or is there some reason we need to know this?

"Khun Chalermchai aged 44 was offered 2,000 Baht by Khun Worapon who wanted to be taken back to the area he was abducted from".

He was robbed for money and ATM card, how can he offer money he not have?

Something fishy with this story, need some help from The TV Detectives :-)

• Like 1

Question. Is Pattaya the crime capital of Thailand? I don't live there but it seems like every day there is another crime reported.

It's a close run race between Phuket and Pattaya when it comes to crimes against tourists.

Pattaya again! I just don't understand the attraction

So he was abducted by people saying they were Police and robbed of atm card and jewelry. Well there seems to be truth to that statement because even REAL Police will abduct, rob and extort you. A trend is developing.

He wanted to return to the scene of the crime and offered 2000b to the Taxi driver which was then drew suspicion that he may have escaped? Why would you want to return back? Get cctv footage perhaps?

A withdrawal was made of 50,000THB. How did they acquire his PIN #?

Good luck recovering that, even being the victim of a crime. As a past topic and postings on here the most popular vote seemed to be it was the victims fault and the Bank had no wrong-doing as it acted in accordance with the guidelines set and permitted the withdrawal as the correct PIN was used.

At least he was a "Photographer" by profession and not just taking a picture like another article today "BMW driver"

Edited by Rimmer

Since when does a ATM give you 50,000 thai baht ??? My English and Thai accounts only allow 15,000 baht per day

My English accounts would not allow me to draw that much but my Thai accounts do. Go to your bank and just ask them to increase your daily ATM withdrawal limit.

No, this is Thailand, and they do what they can, And they do a pretty good job of it....

So what???

Glegolo

• Like 1

He could have been forced to reveal his pin, but how did he go and check his balance, if they had taken his card?? And why would he offer someone 2000 baht, to take him back, if he didnt have 2000 baht, and why would he even offer that much?

Either this story is written in the usual "mai pen rai" style, or something is extremely fishy.