Former Prime Minister Chuan declines invitation to join political reform forum

webfact

Chuan declines invitation to join political reform forum

BANGKOK, (NNT) – Former Prime Minister Democrat Party Advisory Chairman Chuan Leekpai has reiterated that he will not attend the upcoming political reform forum, quipping that the government should reform itself first.

Mr. Chuan has reaffirmed that he will not take part in the political reform forum, which is aimed at seeking reconciliation and solutions to the ongoing political conflict. He, however, said he would be willing to discuss the matter or exchange ideas with Former Prime Minister and Chartthaipattana Party Advisory Chairman Banharn Silpa-archa if the latter wanted to talk to him.

According to Chuan, he does not think the upcoming forum will benefit the country, adding that the meeting is being organized only to sort things out in the government; not to find solutions to the current problem. Lastly, he said the government should be more sincere in working for the benefit of the public, rather than self-benefit.

The second round of the political reform forum is scheduled for September 2. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair has accepted the government’s invitation to address the meeting. Other big names taking part in the meeting include Former President of Finland Marti Ahtisaari and Priscilla Hayner, co-founder of the International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ).

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-29 footer_n.gif

It will be interesting to see what Blair has to say.

There's always a danger that he doesn't follow Yingluck's script and he will already know that he's been the cause of some grief before he lands.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The government should reform itself first.. Fine statement coming from a man whos government were brought down by a land scandal when he was Prime Minister. Lets not forget about Chuans brother who absconded to Taiwan after swindling $8,000,000 + (thats US not baht) and came back scott free after 8 or 9 years. Cheek of the fellow xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

The government should reform itself first.. Fine statement coming from a man whos government were brought down by a land scandal when he was Prime Minister. Lets not forget about Chuans brother who absconded to Taiwan after swindling $8,000,000 + (thats US not baht) and came back scott free after 8 or 9 years. Cheek of the fellow xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Let's not forget that his brother has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Let's not forget too that he was asked to participate and he gave his (valid) reasons for declining.

• Like 2

Let's not forget too that he was asked to participate and he gave his (valid) reasons for declining.

haha the irony!

• Like 1

I take it that you disagree with him.

Maybe you can dig up some dirt on his sister or his mother to back up your position.

The only thing I would disagree with is the reform I would substitute resign.

The government should reform resign

I looked very hard and could not find a red or a yellow shirt in my closet so I just used common sense.

Maybe you can dig up some dirt on his sister or his mother to back up your position.

I looked very hard and could not find a red or a yellow shirt in my closet so I just used common sense.

Using common sense in Thailand indeed.

Where did you find any of that in a shop in Thailand.

Chuan stated that maybe the current government should reform itself first. So my response was correct, indicating, that a man who lives in a greenhouse should not throw stones. I further reinforce his unsuitability, as you have done by linking Yingluck and Thaksin (on many occasions) by linking his brother who is a thief.

Which planet are you from...phone home pal..somebody must miss you

That post is 100% factual, unlike yours on occasions

haha the irony!

wasting your time he wont see the irony......better spell it out for him