Pellet/BB guns

schultzlivgthai

Depends where he's coming from; if it's the US or UK don't even think about it.

No idea what the laws are on bringing one into Thailand but for sure, as the very minimum, he will be stopped and either it will be confiscated or have to pay import duty and maybe various 'fines'.

Having said that, where's a good place to buy one in BKK or KK?

Its not illegal to own a pellet gun in Thailand, its illegal to import one without permission though - for importation purposes it is considered a firearm. You can imagine whats going to happen when that comes up on the scanner at the airport. Darwin Award.

• Like 2

He will be coming from the US, he's determined to bring it so maybe he'll get luck and they won't check his bags. If not some Thai customs guy will be the proud owner of a pellet gun!! Not being a "firearm" I hope he can't get into any trouble, that wouldn't be good.

the gun will never reach Thailand and your cousin will miss his flight!

• Like 2

Sapahn kwai (sorry for the spelling) is a good place to buy bb guns in BKK. I bought mine 5 years ago and its still in good shape. Just clean it at a shop every so often.

the pellet guns available in Thailand are a joke as far as their capacity is concerned.

If I understood an "Airsoft BB pistol" salesman correctly, there is a max projectile velocity that makes most "pellet" rifles illegal. Just don't let him do it. He will be sorry. Buy a slingshot. You can buy pellet rifles here, and they're still not legal. (Without a permit.) My understanding, again.

If I understood an "Airsoft BB pistol" salesman correctly, there is a max projectile velocity that makes most "pellet" rifles illegal. Just don't let him do it. He will be sorry. Buy a slingshot. You can buy pellet rifles here, and they're still not legal. (Without a permit.) My understanding, again.

you don't need a permit if the muzzle velocity is within the allowed range. that's why i call those guns, which are available over the counter without a permit, a joke. the same applies to gas-powered pellet pistpols. their projectiles don't fly for more than 10m straight and then enter a ballistic curve.

you don't need a permit if the muzzle velocity is within the allowed range. that's why i call those guns, which are available over the counter without a permit, a joke. the same applies to gas-powered pellet pistpols. their projectiles don't fly for more than 10m straight and then enter a ballistic curve.

10m might be enough for a small soi dog.

Methinks will seek something more effective.

Sapahn kwai (sorry for the spelling) is a good place to buy bb guns in BKK. I bought mine 5 years ago and its still in good shape. Just clean it at a shop every so often.

the pellet guns available in Thailand are a joke as far as their capacity is concerned.

Im not really sure about pellet guns but the bb/airsoft guns sold here are fine. Most are imported anyways and then modified to perform nicely. Just have to know where to go and what to buy.

Im not really sure about pellet guns but the bb/airsoft guns sold here are fine. Most are imported anyways and then modified to perform nicely. Just have to know where to go and what to buy.

pellet guns are bb/airsoft guns. a variety of quite powerful bb-guns is produced in Thailand but for export only.

http://thailandairsoft.com/airsoft-blog/75-gun-upgrades.html

• Like 1

Fashion Island Shopping Mall, (Kannayao) 3rd Floor, behind Winner furniture shop. Have all kinds, spring, gas (CO2) and electric. Pistols, autos and revolvers, rifles, sniper and assault plus lots of other military, para military, police, swat gear, badges, uniform items, scopes, etc. Start from about B3000 up.

pellet guns are bb/airsoft guns. a variety of quite powerful bb-guns is produced in Thailand but for export only.

http://thailandairsoft.com/airsoft-blog/75-gun-upgrades.html

Sorry to disagree but a pellet gun and a BB gun are not the same thing.

The Thais may say pellet gun instead of BB gun but this is wrong.

By the same token Thaïs call any motorbike over 250cc a chopper but this does not make a big bike a chopper.

Wikipedia has 2 different entries for these guns at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_gun and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellet_%28air_gun%29

• Like 2

I bought mine from hong Kong. Got it shipped here, paid some tax. They declared it as a toy. ..

The seller I used is uncompany.

later on you can increase velocity by changing some springs etc. Google it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app