Funeral Of The Abbot At Wat Sai Moon, Burmese Temple, Chiang Mai, And What Happened Next.

theblether

Well I see that they appointed a Burmese Abbot.

"CHIANG MAI, Thailand — More than a year after an outcry over a Thai attempt to take over the last Burmese monastery in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand, Burmese Buddhists on Tuesday managed to officially install one of their countrymen as abbot."

I was a little concerned as the one article said it was law that it be run by a Thai abbot.

That's all we need mix religion and laws just like having Sharia law.

• Like 1

Well I see that they appointed a Burmese Abbot.

"CHIANG MAI, Thailand More than a year after an outcry over a Thai attempt to take over the last Burmese monastery in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand, Burmese Buddhists on Tuesday managed to officially install one of their countrymen as abbot."

I was a little concerned as the one article said it was law that it be run by a Thai abbot.

That's all we need mix religion and laws just like having Sharia law.

Not even close to Sharia law. Look up the Department of Religious Affairs under the Ministry of Culture for the Thai government.

Part of the reason foreigners enjoy as much relative freedom as they do in Thailand is because of Buddhist tolerance.