Jesters Care 4 Kids Fair

aussiechick

I went to this last year, I was expecting a lot more since evreyone was banging on about it like it is this great day out but it isn't at all, pretty boring IMO.

Just because you found it boring it doesn't mean you can't donate or help the kids mate.

It's not a "Ride".

• Like 2

I went to this last year, I was expecting a lot more since evreyone was banging on about it like it is this great day out but it isn't at all, pretty boring IMO.

Just because you found it boring it doesn't mean you can't donate or help the kids mate.

It's not a "Ride".

Where did I say I couldn't or I wouldn't do that?

Another poster who likes to put words into peoples mouths.

• Like 2

What exactly were you expecting? It's for the kids after all, not a balloon chase.

Erh, yea I'm aware of that, but thanks for letting me know.

You say it's for the kids? Well what is for the kids exactly? 1 or 2 lousy rides and a bouncy castle?

Point I'm making is last year it was built up on here so much that I was expecting this huge fete with plenty going on for the KIDS etc. I was new in Pattaya then and I have 2 KIDS myself so went along and was hugely disappointed...not many people there and you could walk around the place within 10 - 15 minutes.

Now I appreciate most expats here have nothing to do except drink, but was slightly suprised at the big build up for what was very little in terms of being a day out etc...

PS: Not a balloon chase? Why would it be a balloon chase? Are they meant to be good then?

Edited by Pattaya Pat

Great place to hold it ,plenty of parking and although it not a "fun' day out its for the kids so just buy stuff spend some money so that there will be money to spend on them in the year to come what do people expect ,disneyland?

• Like 1

Regent School is a bit upper class the biker boys will have to behave or they will find themselves with 100 lines -----

" i must not drink chang and get angry "

Any ideas along these lines----lines ha

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think Goobergun from the UK will be one of the bands playing.

I have to agree that its too far out but i'm in the UK anyway so won't be going.

Hope it goes well and stays dry.

smile.png

Who or what are Goobergun?smile.png

They are a young band English trio who came to Pattaya a few years back and played a few venues including mine a few times.

After a few visits they recorded a single and started to get a good following in Pattaya.

The new venue at Regent's School was chosen as Diana was unavailable this year. Regent's has better parking, grass and facilities. For those who don't have transport or don't want to take their car/bike out to Regent's, there will be a shuttle bus service leaving from the Father Ray Foundation on Sukhumvit Road all day. For more details please see our website care4kids dot info

We also have new activities this year along with the usual 20+ children's game stalls, food and drink, other merchandise and a full stage show all day.

We also need used books wink.png

If you have any questions please contact us through our website.

Too far out for me.

agreed

diana was a much better, closer to town venue, likely to have been better attended and raised more funds

good luck anyway

Yup. A whole 12 MINUTE DRIVE from Sukhumvit on the Highway 7 spur. You can't get to the Diana from ANYWHERE in 12 minutes!

There's shuttle bus service too.

Come on, you lot need a much better excuse for your apathy than that!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

The Royal British Legion will have a stall there run by a very British Mr.Smith

There will also be a stall there run by a very British Mr and Mrs Smith - for the LIons Club of Jomtien.

Check it out - next to Sausage King

Looking forward to it, we'll have 8 m of shopfront right in front of the stage, magician, tombola, food and drinks. Come in numbers and we crank up the donations!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good in fact very good turn out some light rain which seemed to have a dramatic run home effect on the ladies

The rain stopped and more people came in and this was 4 ish plus time

Good showing of support from local Masonic Lodge about ten lads in all -----in plain clothes of course !!

I went today, waste of time, was in and out in 30 minutes.

All it was was a couple of stools touting their business, even the local scammers De Vere's were there for heavens sake, do they give money to charity? A couple of stalls selling jam and marmalade and a couple of book stalls..

I took my 2 kids, waste of time. I thought this was meant to be a family day out? What was there for kids? No rides, not even a bouncy castle...nothing for the kids! There actually wasn't many children there so maybe I have misunderstood the entire concept of this event?

Won't be bothering next year.

It was a great day! Book stall did well and to me everyone looked like they were having a great time!!

I enjoyed it as usual.

Great set up!!

A great time doing what exactly? Buying some marmalade or trying to avoid local businesses giving you their business cards?

There was nothing there.