Thailand set to become investment hub of ASEAN: PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does Yingluck or any other cabinet member know any other word other that "HUB". How many is that this year.... lost count

We generally average one a week, for the past 10 years

Dear Yingluck once again proves she is as dumb as a box of rocks, If I was in charge of the University she went to in the US, I would be denying she ever went there, would your really want the world to know your institution "educated" her...giggle.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

Does Yingluck or any other cabinet member know any other word other that "HUB". How many is that this year.... lost count

Has Yingluck even used the word before or is it just the reporters words. I can see a few quotes, but none of her saying anything about a HUB.

thhMan, on 30 Aug 2013 - 17:36, said:

And what business is going to come and invest in Thailand... and give up 51% of it business just for the privilege ?

Beat me to it, every real investment hub understands and honors who owns what. Maybe it's investment lube they where referring to.
At least the Chinese seem to get the real message wai2.gif

Edited by metaben

By the way, what happened to the advanced education hub, the regional logistics hub, the medical tourism hub, the international financial services hub, the robotics manufacturing hub, the film and media production hub, the consumer electronics manufacturing hub, the rail transportation hub, the eco-tourism hub, the car manufacturing hub, the halal food-supplying hub, the air freight hub and all those other hubs they've been touting ad nauseam?

The only hubs I've seen materializing are the regional xenophobia hub, the rice-pledging-scam-gone-bad hub, the gross-self-overestimation hub, the hypocrisy hub, the we-are-holier-than-thou hub, the global product piracy hub, the always-shift-the-blame-on-someone-else hub, the pay-only-lip-service-to-democracy hub and - most important of all - the let's-announce-yet-another-hub-at-least-once-a-week hub.

What happened to the "white policeman" who was going to be planted in and report on corruption in every police station across the Kingdom?

What's up with all these destructive, negative comments?

It's sad to see this ignorant, childish behavior. All that space within you could be filled up with some valuable positive stuff that moves you forward instead of this gibberish.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

You are new here. Search the forums for hub. It'll help you understand the scepticism.

Will somebody please inform the PM that as it's only top rank player Singapore will be the de facto hub of ASEAN.

"Yingluck called on the Chinese investors to increase investment in Thailand and consider the kingdom, which sits"at the strategic center"of ASEAN."

When I was a child I was told it’s not enough to sit at a certain position if you don’t think, act and work hard to get things going.

Grandma where are you now? This country needs you!

I fear that the "HUB" is just a dream, Singapore is far more likely as it already has the worlds second largest container port. I am also of the opinion that Thailand has deferred by a year at least its entry in the ASEAN as it is not yet ready and the area of most concern to a neutral on looker is that Thailand is woeful in its learn with some degree of competence the English language as spoken by most of the world as a first or second language. They are behind the other members in this respect and till they accept that Thailand will never be a "HUB" only in the bubble that is Thailand, this particularly, as has been said many times before on TV, true of the Education system which has just gone on just as before and not preparing the students for ASEAN, if or when the young leave Thailand to see these other countries they will will have a rude awakening.

Dream on sweetheart dream on. coffee1.gif

You will be surprised how many Thais believe her. I have had some discussion at my office and often I hear things such as:

-Yes but the Dawei port will be good for Thailand

-Yes but 1 day the price of rice will go up

-Yes but it's good when everybody has a car

-yes but she creates many business opportunities when she travels

-yes but she will set up a panel so there will be no corruption

-yes but she already informed her ministers to deal with the problem

-yes but she was a successful business woman so she can be a good PM too

-yes but at least she understands woman

Yes. That stuff works inside Thailand, but no one buys it on the outside.

Germany, China, does it really matter who is next. They don't buy stories from the hub of corruption.

It's sad to see this ignorant, childish behavior. All that space within you could be filled up with some valuable positive stuff that moves you forward instead of this gibberish.

Could you be more specific? What gibberish? I was enjoying the hub talk!

clap2.gif

• Like 1

We generally average one a week, for the past 10 years

Dear Yingluck once again proves she is as dumb as a box of rocks, If I was in charge of the University she went to in the US, I would be denying she ever went there, would your really want the world to know your institution "educated" her...giggle.gif

So she's a graduate of the United States. You should have kept that quitebiggrin.png

We should feel blessed and thankful for our abundance of hubs. Think of all the poor countries around the world that have no hubs, never will have hubs and all the millions of disenfranchised people destined to go through life hubless. We have our hubs and the people are hubbed. What more could anyone ask?

• Like 2

Can someone decipher this for me ? I'm afraid I do not understand as it does not contain the word "hub". whistling.gif

We should feel blessed and thankful for our abundance of hubs. Think of all the poor countries around the world that have no hubs, never will have hubs and all the millions of disenfranchised people destined to go through life hubless. We have our hubs and the people are hubbed. What more could anyone ask?

Poor hubless bastards ! clap2.gif

Mods - can we have a hub smiley face please ?

• Like 1

Dream on sweetheart dream on. coffee1.gif

You will be surprised how many Thais believe her. I have had some discussion at my office and often I hear things such as:

-Yes but the Dawei port will be good for Thailand

-Yes but 1 day the price of rice will go up

-Yes but it's good when everybody has a car

-yes but she creates many business opportunities when she travels

-yes but she will set up a panel so there will be no corruption

-yes but she already informed her ministers to deal with the problem

-yes but she was a successful business woman so she can be a good PM too

-yes but at least she understands woman

That just shows the deplorabe standard of education in this country. Noone ever questions anything 'people with influence' have to say....on the other hand, one of our Thai teachers who was educated in overseas thinks she's a stupid b.......

What???????

So all these constant stories of Thailand becoming a regional hub of this and hub of that aren't gibberish? Absolutely nothing changes so that in itself is leaves it open for ridicule.

Chill out dude, have a beer or something.

You are right, thats gibberish as well. What i was saying was that its in my opinion pointless to get onto the level of this trash, therefore become part of it.

I am calm, man. I just pointed out what i think about this, thats it.

You are new here. Search the forums for hub. It'll help you understand the scepticism.

Ok thank you. Will do it.

If you are a shrink you are in the wrong thread.

I ain`t. Just see things clearly.

How are you finding your first week in Thailand?

I am finding my fifth year cool in Thailand, thanks.