Travel Warning from UK

Kered

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkhla on the Thai-Malaysia border. See Terrorism.

The FCO advise against all travel to the Preah Vihear (Khaoi Pra Viharn in Thai) temple area and the Ta Krabey/Ta Moan temple area located on the Thai-Cambodian border due to the presence of troops in the area and the risk of outbreaks of fighting. See Cambodian border.

There is a high threat of terrorism. See Terrorism.

There may be an increased risk of anti-western sentiment linked to the possibility of military action in Syria. Keep up to date with developments, be vigilant and avoid any protests or demonstrations.

Tony Blair is one the best dancers the country has had I remember him in a "Hard Days Night" what on earth is he doing coming to Thailand appearing in one those Shows down second road perhaps?

cheesy.gif

very good..however you had better explain to those TV member who will not have clue about what your on about..biggrin.png

Tony Blair is one the best dancers the country has had I remember him in a "Hard Days Night" what on earth is he doing coming to Thailand appearing in one those Shows down second road perhaps?

cheesy.gif

very good..however you had better explain to those TV member who will not have clue about what your on about..biggrin.png

I am old and I get the names mixed up this time Lionel Blair the dancer and Tony Blair the former heroic leader of the free world and now alround millionaire comedian and one time dummy in Madam twoswords.

• Like 1

Isn't it more to do with increased risk of terrorism as a result from UK's i.e. Cameron's proposals for intervention in Syria. If so it's not necessarily just reaction to TB's visit and also, it would appear fortunate that UK Gov't was defeated. Whilst the Foreign Office advice relates to all of Thailand, some areas would appear higher risk.

The UK government warning is to do with a couple of small border areas with Cambodia and the problem region in the south. That's a standard warning.

It now also refers to possible anti-British feeling in Thailand to do with the UK government's suggestion that it join the US in bombing Syria. Well, that's out of date now that the Commons has voted against the idea but I doubt whether many people in Thailand give a damn about Syria and what's happening there.

The UK government website has just issued a travel warning of possible increased risk of anti western sentiment in Thailand, does anyone know what has instigated this warning

They were obviously reading all the negative comments on thaivisa and jumped to the conclusion that Thailand was a dangerous country. I heard some tourist fell of his rental scooter.

Tony Blair is universally despised throughout the world, especially in the UK.

Actually, he's probably not despised in Australia either ... (except maybe by the Poms living there) ... do the Poms hate Paul Keating?

We neither like, nor hate the man ... we actually don't care much either way.

He was one of yours ... not one of ours ... biggrin.png

That said ... I'm up for an education ... what is the thing about 'liar' Blair?

Could have made World Headlines ... but I could have been in Thailand at the time and not have known.

So ... what's the go Joe?

The UK government warning is to do with a couple of small border areas with Cambodia and the problem region in the south. That's a standard warning.

It now also refers to possible anti-British feeling in Thailand to do with the UK government's suggestion that it join the US in bombing Syria. Well, that's out of date now that the Commons has voted against the idea but I doubt whether many people in Thailand give a dam_n about Syria and what's happening there.

I doubt that many people in Thailand have even heard of Syria ,or Know where it is

It now also refers to possible anti-British feeling in Thailand to do with the UK government's suggestion that it join the US in bombing Syria. Well, that's out of date now that the Commons has voted against the idea but I doubt whether many people in Thailand give a dam_n about Syria and what's happening there.

I doubt that many people in Thailand have even heard of Syria ,or Know where it is

I will ask my son to ask the teacher at school where Syria is, she is bound to know, I expect its in Isaan or maybe north of Chiang Mai but we will soon know.

• Like 2

Actually, he's probably not despised in Australia either ... (except maybe by the Poms living there) ... do the Poms hate Paul Keating?

Could have made World Headlines ... but I could have been in Thailand at the time and not have known.

It was an all time low point for Western politics - Bush and Blair wanted to get their hands on Iraqi oil before the Russians - but the US and UK people did not have the heart for another war, so Blair's PR team pulled together a 'dossier' of evidence that Sadam had weapons of mass destruction. The 'evidence' was based on rumours and hearsay and the 'confession' of an Iraqi who was after a free council house in Kensington. Of course no weapons of mass destruction were ever found.

So now when the UK Government says we need to invade Syria because they used poison gas - nobody believes them.

I can't see why any of this would have an impact in Thailand - except maybe on the left-bank of Sukhumvit Soi 4?

But I do feel very sorry for the ordinary folk in Syria.

• Like 1

The advice went out to all Asian countries with a sizable Muslim population.

Went past TB's house in Connaught Square on Thursday and noticed that the number of heavily armed cops had increased with 2 at the front, 2 at the mews entrance and 3 in an SUV.

Eaten with milk for breakfast.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Give us a clue?

This is he

post-96114-0-04058200-1377944189_thumb.p

it may be related to frog/yanqui slaughter of mozzies imminent and that due to retardation many locals cannot distinguish between brave poms culling mozzies in Afpukistan from Tornadoes whacking Assyrians.

As for Tony Bliar Druze yer own con clusions,He is the guy paid to maake peace in Mid East

But he got you guys dragged into a needless war where many casualties occurred, that put him up there with Bush in my eyes.

Thanks for the 'liar Blair' explanations.

I don't speak for all Australians (number count of 1) but we tend to blame bush more then Blair for that BS Invasion.

The irony being now, with better shale rock 'fracking' ... the States is coming closer to energy independence (with a little help from Canada) from what I read.