Hello all. My Wife (Thai) owns land next to our new house. Lovely postion, views. A French friend came over to us for Christmas and just fell in love with our area. He retires in a year or so.

He would like us to build him a house on this land. He intends to live here half the year.

The Question is : Can we lease him this land ? Say over 50/60 years.Maybe any comments and point me in the right direction.

The contract must be in Thai and French, maybe English too

Cheers

Pip

Hello all. My Wife (Thai) owns land next to our new house. Lovely postion, views. A French friend came over to us for Christmas and just fell in love with our area. He retires in a year or so.

He would like us to build him a house on this land. He intends to live here half the year.

The Question is : Can we lease him this land ? Say over 50/60 years.Maybe any comments and point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Pip

You can lease the land to him for 30 years with an "option" to renew for a further 30 years. As part of the lease you can include a clause allowing him to build a house on the property. I would advise a lawyer draft the lease, particularly as you require in french, thai and english. Baker & Mckenzie in Bangkok are reputable, and contract in french,, but probably expensive. However you may be able to find your own, as I don't really give recommendations.

Cheers

Pip

You can lease the land to him for 30 years with an "option" to renew for a further 30 years. As part of the lease you can include a clause allowing him to build a house on the property. I would advise a lawyer draft the lease, particularly as you require in french, thai and english. Baker & Mckenzie in Bangkok are reputable, and contract in french,, but probably expensive. However you may be able to find your own, as I don't really give recommendations.

Many thanks Dragonman I live Lampang county, so will follow it up in CM

Again Thank you for your time

Pip

Cheers

Pip

Many thanks Dragonman I live Lampang county, so will follow it up in CM

Again Thank you for your time

Pip

Is there a website or somewhere to get a standard lease already just to add address etc?

would appreciate it.