Multi Re-entry - Expired, What Next?

Ok, here's one for the Visa gurus.

I have a little situation that could benefit from some professional advice. Here's the scoop.

- Canadian citizen, 40 years old.

- Obtained a 1 year Multiple Re-entry B Visa in Feb 2005 in Milano. I have been travelling in and out of the country for the past year on 3 month stamps.

- My Multi Re-entry expired in Feb 2006, but I have a valid visa stamp (obtained in Cambodia in January valid for 3 months) until April 22, 2006.

- I am flying to Vancouver on May 5th and plan on getting a 1-year Multi there.

My questions are this. If I go to Cambodia on Thursday (expiry date), will they give me the 3 month B visa or a Tourist visa? Obviously I want the B visa.

Will I need to go through the entire documentary process of obtaining a new B visa in Vancouver?

I will likely up our company registered capital to 2 million (from 1 million paid up) but would prefer to do this when I come back. Then I will apply for the work permit. I am a director in this 49/51 Thai registered company.

Also, the Labout Dept website says that I need to fill in a WP3 form and obtain a letter from them that is used in the document set to obtain the new B visa in Vancouver. Is this a necessary step?

Well, that should do it. Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Mike

My questions are this. If I go to Cambodia on Thursday (expiry date), will they give me the 3 month B visa or a Tourist visa? Obviously I want the B visa.

30 day tourist

Will I need to go through the entire documentary process of obtaining a new B visa in Vancouver?

yes

Also, the Labout Dept website says that I need to fill in a WP3 form and obtain a letter from them that is used in the document set to obtain the new B visa in Vancouver. Is this a necessary step?

In Vancouver, they are known to require the WP3 now.

www.lawyer.th.com