Burmese language instruction

grumpyoldman

Checked with a language school in Phuket town, they wanted 600thb for every one hour lesson. Seemed way pricey.

The country moving forward rapidly, be good to be able to flap some Burmese.

Anybody here studying? Anybody know of any freelance instructors at a reasonable rate?

Phuket City Municipality had Burmese lessons for kids at Saphan Hin over the summer. If you contact their office at Saphan Hin perhaps they could give you the number of the teacher. Satree Phuket School has also offered Burmese lessons to adults in the past.

I agree that 600 baht per hour is way too high, especially given that most Burmese on the island get the 300bt/hour minimum wage for much more strenuous work. However, if you want a teacher that speaks English and is qualified then of course it would be more...

Another thing you might try is to contact one of the 'brokers' who deal with Burmese labor issues. One is Noom Broker, who have an office at Karn Keha in Rassada and another on Thepkasatri southbound, just north of Supercheap.

There is another next to the new Municipal Market on Ranong Road in Phuket Town.

If you do find someone please let me know via PM, as I am interested in this as well.

i know a Burmese girl works at the Orchid farm in Rawai/Chalong called Marlee (i guess she took a Thai name). she seems quite clever and could probably teach Burmese. she doesn't speak English but her Thai is pretty good. very cute too.

Cute is good ! We all like cute. Thanks Steve.