Recommendations for a basic tablet (cheap as possible)

Longbow212

I just bought a 7" Grandtab GT-6 for my daughter, 2990 bath (3G model), you can buy them Wi-Fi only for 1990 bath.

Only 512mb of ram, rom 2 gb, mini sd card up to 32gb, screen res 800x480, 2 cameras.

Despite its pretty lousy specs I am a bit impressed with it and the Wi-Fi works much better than on my Onda tablet.

They are for sale in many shops on the phone floor in Tuk.Com in Pattaya and I was told they sell a lot of them.

I forgot to mention: Android 4.04

Edited by guzzi850m2

if the education include typing also, then tablet isnt a great stand alone.

you will need a keyboard for it, or need a netbook.

that said, now there is lots of 1500-2000thb tablets, with low specs, but useable.

another option to buy some better but still chinese tablets, like Onda, or Ainol....3000-5000thb will get you a decent little mashine with reasonable screen resolution, and usually dual-quad core precessing power, along more ram, etc.

Thanks. I am in Bangkok. I might give panthip a try and see whats available. I only really want it for students to be able to look up information on the internet so there wont be any real requirement to type.

If buying in Pantip I suggest the 'authourised' retailers on the ground floor.

The higher you go the prices drop drastically for the same model. Now, why would that be...

Thanks. I am in Bangkok. I might give panthip a try and see whats available. I only really want it for students to be able to look up information on the internet so there wont be any real requirement to type.

If buying in Pantip I suggest the 'authourised' retailers on the ground floor.

The higher you go the prices drop drastically for the same model. Now, why would that be...

Cheaper rent?whistling.gif

• Like 1

If you are planning to use it in a classroom and have a TV available that has an HDMI port, then I suggest you get a tablet that has HDMI out.

Just look on the side of the tablet.

I can imagine trying to teach a class with a tablet's small display will be tough for the students but if you can output to a TV, much more effective.

If you shop, you can find some decent, inexpensive ones with HDMI