Joint Bank Account

me and the wife tried to set a joint bank account with bangkok bank (my usual bank) but they said they dont issue ATM cards with this type of account???? we would have got a bank book, but no card.

does anyone know if other banks supply ATM cards with joint bank accounts?

Bangkok Bank does (or did).

Perhaps they have changed or there was a misunderstanding. The wife and I have had a joint account for about a dozen years with ATM cards. But there are two types of joint account so perhaps that was why they said no. In one type both parties have to sign to withdraw money so that would probably not allow an ATM card. The other type allows either party to withdraw.

Not sure why anyone in full control of their mental faculties would want a joint account. :o

What purpose does this serve ?, ... Easy to make a transfer if and when when required ...

divorce in this day and age is the norm, NOT the exception, particularly here !.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Do give it a second thought.

However a join account is always better that any parties can withdraws, bank books or ATMs should any things badly happens to either party due to sickness or deaths, too bad if both parties gone at the same time, any amount in the bank will be frozen. To avoid this, secure additional ATM card with a third party, the risk is trusts.