Nora Buri any good?

RAZZELL

Is this hotel any good?

http://www.noraburiresort.com/

Have to stay in it for 3 nights but wondering whether to extend the stay or move somewhere else?

How long would it take to walk to the centre of Chaweng on the road or along the beach?

By centre I mean perhaps near the Ark Bar?

Also, is there any noise from the airport/airplanes as it seems pretty near looking on the map?

Many thanks wai.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Probably 15-20 min walk to Ark Bar. I would estimate just over ten mins to the Kasikorn Bank junction in Chaweng, where the road goes up to the lake.

I don't think you will have any problems re: planes. I have stayed at the Amari which is about 5 mins away, and it's never been a problem there.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

The Nora Buri resort is a good hotel, but it is a long way from the Ark Bar. It is not even in Chaweng.

It is half way between Choengmon and Chewang.

Then there is the Nora Beach Resort - which is a bit closer, but still a hike.

I would go for the Amari. The Nora Buri Resort is at least as far from the Amari as the Amari is from the Ark Bar.

AND - the road has no footpath or streetlights from the Nora Buri to Chaweng.

To give you a clue. When coming from the airport to Chaweng - you tun right at the T junction to Chaweng. When going to the Nora Buri - you turn left (towards Choengmon) at the T junction. Wrong direction - middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

Err...what does that have to do with anything?

I've stayed in shitholes and 5* gaffs...I prefer 5*!

BTW not paying wink.png

RAZZ

OP:

"Have to stay in it for 3 nights but wondering whether to extend the stay or move somewhere else?"

YOU asked for advice. I gave a reasonable response.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but never the less.......

You're welcome.

Edited by Kommiekat

BTW not paying wink.png

RAZZ

OP:

"Have to stay in it for 3 nights but wondering whether to extend the stay or move somewhere else?"

You're welcome.

Err...:

"Their cheapest room is 4700 bt!

That's for one night.

I stayed in a place in Lamai for 500 bt a day, near the beach with AC.

You sure you want to pay that much?

Seems like one would need some snob appeal, but sure is a nice looking place!"

Kommiekat - I asked "how long to walk to the Ark Bar" you said you can stay in a place in Lamai for 500 baht - which last time I looked isn't near Chaweng and has absolutely nothing to do with the question!

And as I said - I'm not paying! wink.png

Just debating whether to extend my stay there or move somewhere else.

Looks like I'll stay there for a few days and check the location out to see if the walk is "doable".

Otherwise I might change to the Amari - which is sort of the budget/location I'd prefer...unless someone has any other suggestions in the centre of Chaweng?

(Don't think the Mrs would like P&P resort wink.png )

Many thanks for the sensible replies.

wai.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 2

BTW not paying wink.png

RAZZ

OP:

You're welcome.

Err...:

"Their cheapest room is 4700 bt!

That's for one night.

I stayed in a place in Lamai for 500 bt a day, near the beach with AC.

You sure you want to pay that much?

Seems like one would need some snob appeal, but sure is a nice looking place!"

Kommiekat - I asked "how long to walk to the Ark Bar" you said you can stay in a place in Lamai for 500 baht - which last time I looked isn't near Chaweng and has absolutely nothing to do with the question!

And as I said - I'm not paying! wink.png

Just debating whether to extend my stay there or move somewhere else.

Looks like I'll stay there for a few days and check the location out to see if the walk is "doable".

Otherwise I might change to the Amari - which is sort of the budget/location I'd prefer...unless someone has any other suggestions in the centre of Chaweng?

(Don't think the Mrs would like P&P resort wink.png )

Many thanks for the sensible replies.

wai.gif

RAZZ

If you wanna stay near the action then Amari is your best choice.....walking distance to the "center" yet away enough to sleep well. Minor flight noise can be experienced.

Further south you will find many more hotels/resorts, best is check a map, mark location, search for nearest hotel, check on booking.com for reviews and prices.

Some parts of north Chaweng beach have a nice quality of white sand beach.... only the seashore is not everywhere adequate for swimming, it's a pity.... but the hôtels have great swimming pools.

If you choose a hotel I would suggest you to check the beach also

Edited by Opl

Stayed in Chaweng many times down at P&P resort...last time was about 6 years ago...

Times have changed at the budget is a bit higher now xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Want somewhere maybe 10 minute walk to the "centre" - around 5000 baht a night or more if a special place.

But 3-4k is better wink.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Stayed in Chaweng many times down at P&P resort...last time was about 6 years ago...

Times have changed at the budget is a bit higher now xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Want somewhere maybe 10 minute walk to the "centre" - around 5000 baht a night or more if a special place.

RAZZ

Why don't you check Agoda, see what takes your fancy then ask about these specific hotels. They give you a map reference as to their location which makes it easier.

• Like 1

Bump...

No hotel suggestions for Chaweng?

RAZZ

I would think that TV posters seem to fall into 3 main categories.

Those that live on the island - do not use hotels

Those that want to stay in Chaweng - usually on a budget.

Those that want to stay anywhere except Chaweng.

You appear to be a rare beast Kh Razz and not running with the herd.

Good luck.

Having said that - I had friends that stayed at the Central Resort (as it was) about 12 years ago. I had to stay with them. The hotel was fine - but I have not been back since. Sorry - cannot help you.

RAZZ

Why don't you check Agoda, see what takes your fancy then ask about these specific hotels. They give you a map reference as to their location which makes it easier.

Well, I'm sort of asking for personal recommendations wink.png

I mean The Library is the best part of £200 a night yet is about 75m from P&P for about £30.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Like I said earlier, the Amari sounds about right for you. I prefer the rooms on the village side (the side away from the beach), as they are bigger. Pools on both sides of the road.

I had friends stay at the Centara, and that also looked a nice hotel when I visited them, but that was a while ago.

You might want to have a look on Tripadvisor, as they get a lot of write ups / reports from people on hotels.

• Like 1