A Lot Of Spam Lately?

george

Here is the reason why they spam us:

--

Pump and Dump Schemes

"Pump and dump" schemes, also known as "hype and dump manipulation," involve the touting of a company's stock (typically microcap companies) through false and misleading statements to the marketplace. After pumping the stock, fraudsters make huge profits by selling their cheap stock into the market.

Pump and dump schemes often occur on the Internet where it is common to see messages posted that urge readers to buy a stock quickly or to sell before the price goes down, or a telemarketer will call using the same sort of pitch. Often the promoters will claim to have "inside" information about an impending development or to use an "infallible" combination of economic and stock market data to pick stocks. In reality, they may be company insiders or paid promoters who stand to gain by selling their shares after the stock price is "pumped" up by the buying frenzy they create. Once these fraudsters "dump" their shares and stop hyping the stock, the price typically falls, and investors lose their money.

For more information about microcap fraud, please read our publication, Microcap Stock: A Guide for Investors.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/pumpdump.htm

My spam average on my yahoo a/c has jumped from 6 a day to 25 in the last few weeks.

Contents unknown as I never open them.

The crap in my gmail a/c is aimed only at gmail cutomers as though they are having conversations!

post-2707-1145395087_thumb.jpg

<deleted> Basil is, beats me :o

My spam average on my yahoo a/c has jumped from 6 a day to 25 in the last few weeks.

The crap in my gmail a/c is aimed only at gmail cutomers as though they are having conversations!

25 is not bad, before I made several blocking systems I got 3000 spam emails per day....

Course the fake paypal, fake ebay, and fake CHASE Credit Card emails.

I have not had the paypal but plenty of the other two

the paypal are very dangerous. They look exactly like the original messages, for limited accounts or verify something, just the link does not link to paypal.....

Course the fake paypal, fake ebay, and fake CHASE Credit Card emails.

I have not had the paypal but plenty of the other two

the paypal are very dangerous. They look exactly like the original messages, for limited accounts or verify something, just the link does not link to paypal.....

Spoof sites. :o

So do people actully buy these hyped up stocks that are sent to them via email

AND

If so, wouldnt it be possible to jump on the bandwaggon and then sell it off very quickly as well?

Not that im interested, just curious how it all works. Gmail has not sent a single spam my way. I actually went a few years without getting any spam. I keep my email address very private.

If you have your own mailserver you can track who sells your email address to who. Just enable your catch all and when you sign up for a website use [email protected] or whatever and see where the spam gets set to.

Often times it looks like my gmail spam is just being sent to every possible combination of words @gmail.com

They cut and paste (electronically I am sure) innocuous text to get through the spam filters. All they want is to get there URL out to you. I was getting a few but seems the filters are on to them and nothing in a week or two on Gmail or Hotmail.

• 4 weeks later...
I am swamped with a lot of SPAM, typically this:

Are you guys also getting it en masse?

post-128-1145371993_thumb.jpg

seen the latest..........??:

:o

"A Matter Of Urgency!!! Un Asunto De la Urgencia!!! Une Question D'Urgence !!! " [email protected]

DONALD GREENE

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:59:46

To whom it may concern.

I am an American soldier, I am serving in the military of the 1st

Armored Division in Iraq, as you know we are being attacked by

insurgents everyday and car bombs.

We managed to move funds belonging to Saddam Hussein's family. The

total amount is US$7.2Million dollars in cash, mostly 100 dollar bills.

We want to move this money to you, so that you may invest it for us and

keep our share for banking.We will take 60%, my partner and I. You take

the other 40%. No strings attached, just help us move it out of Iraq,

Iraq is a war zone. We plan on using diplomatic courier and shipping

the money out in one large silver box, using diplomatic immunity. If

you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a

good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust

you?

When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your

interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for

quick communication also your contact details. This business is risk

free.