tourist visa

hi is it possible to apply for a tourist visa while in thailand? i am currently coming out most probably on a 30 day stamp but is it possible to then apply for a 60 day tourist visa from a nearby consulate during this time? or should i hang on and send off for a 60 day tourist visa while in uk? has anyone sent off while in thailand and any idea of the timescale?

any help would be apreciated

You can't get a visa while in Thailand. It's hassle to get them in nearby countries.

The best solution would be to get a triple entry tourist visa from a consulate in the UK before you fly. I suggest Birmingham or Hull. They are very quick in processing these.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif The question you asked was about was about tourist visas I believe.

You can not get VISAS once you're in Thailand, so it's usually best to get a tourist visa in your home country before you leave.

Visas are issued by a Thai consulate in your home country. A 60 day tourist visa will get you a 60 day entrance stamp when you enter Thailand and then can be EXTENDED for another 30 days in Thailand at local immigration in Thailand. The extension will cost you 1900 Baht in Thailand. That will give you a total stay of 90 days in Thailand.

There is also a double entry and even triple entry visas which as their name implies are basically two or three singe entry visas combined. You need to exit Thailand to a neighboring country to activate the 2nd or 3rd stage of these multi stage visas.

Ask about them at the nearest Thai consulate to your home .... in the U.K. you can actually get one by using the post by overnight or registered mail (as we Yanks quaintly refer to it). You get a recipient and your mail is traceable if it is held up or lost in the post. Costs more though, but a quicker service.

Now if you did arrive in Thailand without a visa, and are one of those nationalities eligible to get a 30 day entry stamp on arrival, that's how you may get entry into Thailand without a visa also.

Entering by AIR from any neighboring country will get you a 30 day non visa entry, crossing into Thailand by a LAND entry point will get only a 14 day stay 9ot the 30 you get by air).

finally you can apply and receive another tourist visa at any of the neighboring countries you can go to a Thai consulate or embassy and get the same visas you could get in your home country before you originally left for Thailand.

But I recommend that you get a Thai tourist visa before you leave home country, Saves you time and trouble.

whistling.gif