Converting Green Plate Company Car to Black Plate

GiantFan

I am considering changing the registration of my car from a company plate to a personal plate. I could keep it as a company registration and drive it till it dies, but prefer to have it in my name if I wish to sell it in the future. I am most likely closing down my company and though the car has depreciated to zero asset value, I'm sure the bureaucracy at the LTA will require an up-to-date company registration from the DBA if I were to sell it in the future.

I will have my accountant handle to docs, but just wondering if anyone had experience in doing this and what the tax / fees would be? It's a 2004 Nissan NV, so probably worth around THB 100,000, maybe a little more. Company still active and I have a WP.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It should be very straight forward with the proper documents. You should have a bill of sale from the company to yourself.

I have to do the same thing. I am having non response from my accounting firm in Phuket. It is strange how these accounting firms get themselves in trouble by accepting money for taxes and then not paying them. I have been through 4 firms in 16 years. They start off good and then they seem just to crap out. All have been very unsatisfactory. When I change to another the situation will be the same. You just can't depend on them.

I presume at the moment it is on white plate with green lettering? If so just change the name, no need to change the plate (as indicated in the title).

Thanks Don / Stevenl. Yes, currently on white plate / green lettering. I purchased it used, and it was on a white plate / black lettering. Since I purchased in the company name (no WP at the time), I was told to go for the white / green. Not sure if that was 100% true, but I was a newbie at the time.

I presume at the moment it is on white plate with green lettering? If so just change the name, no need to change the plate (as indicated in the title).

Thanks Don / Stevenl. Yes, currently on white plate / green lettering. I purchased it used, and it was on a white plate / black lettering. Since I purchased in the company name (no WP at the time), I was told to go for the white / green. Not sure if that was 100% true, but I was a newbie at the time.

No, that was not true. Just stick to white with green lettering, a lot cheaper than black, and with your WP and company papers should be easy to transfer.