Heartbroken 'farang' man attempts to jump off of hotel in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a laughing matter from where I'm reading it, dimlow tries to top himself off building barely high enough to break a bone from. Can't have been all that serious if a, he chooses somewhere not high enough and b, gets talked out of it. Biggest laugh of all is the headline heartbroken Falang man attempt to jump off of hotel, surely Finnish man wants to finish it all would have been a better headline.

Why do people post stuff like this with their real name? Don't they know that information lives forever on the internet and employers and business contacts know how to use Google?

P.S just googled my name and guess what......... no thaivisa posts in the first 10 pages, exactly how bored would a potential employer have to be???? tin foil hat is going back on now. xxxx

Are you making a public announcement you want people to find your real details?

Challenge accepted.

• Like 1

Its a laughing matter from where I'm reading it, dimlow tries to top himself off building barely high enough to break a bone from. Can't have been all that serious if a, he chooses somewhere not high enough and b, gets talked out of it. Biggest laugh of all is the headline heartbroken Falang man attempt to jump off of hotel, surely Finnish man wants to finish it all would have been a better headline.

Whatever, i wouldn't expect a man of your character to have anything positive to say about a topic like this.

I'll be laughing when one of your family members off them self, and ill be happy to leave witty snide remarks all in fun of course.

You must be peeing in yer pants then, cos actually more than 1 member of my family has tried to off themselves and several friends have succeeded. You know absolutely nothing about my character, but feel free to leave snide remarks as I take little to no offence from keyboard worriers.

Why do people post stuff like this with their real name? Don't they know that information lives forever on the internet and employers and business contacts know how to use Google?

P.S just googled my name and guess what......... no thaivisa posts in the first 10 pages, exactly how bored would a potential employer have to be???? tin foil hat is going back on now. xxxx

Are you making a public announcement you want people to find your real details?

Challenge accepted.

How is it a challenge to find my real name when its already stated? Finding yours however, well............... Perhaps you need a bigger clue than name and picture? how about location?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

The Thai girl he broke up with was someone he met up with on a dating site.

The Thai girl he broke up with was someone he met and worked at 7/11.

The Thai girl he broke up with was someone he met walking in the park.

The Thai girl he broke up with was a stewardess for Nok Air.

Or:

The Thai girl he broke up with was a BG.

The Thai girl he broke up with was someone who had had enough of his drug and drinking habit.

Which one of the above is true? I can't find that in the OP, every case is a possibility................wink.png

I was never invited to join the Sherlock appreciation society, so therefore cannot reach the "elementary my dear Watson" part of deciding that it was a BG he parted from and not an air stewardess......................rolleyes.gif

When I was in the police force, the number of suicides that we attended in five star hotels was quite amazing. Guys who had once had it all, drinking up, eating up, one last hurrah with a hooker, and then a rope, needle, or bottle of pills took them from this life to the next, feeling that they had lived a life. So it really is sad but true. If you were suicidal and living in a squat in London with no friends, family or future, and you were suicidal, but could use your last money to come to Thailand, live like a king and a lover before you signed out, well, many would take the Thailand option. Such is life.

Agree with you 100% on that post. Also I would say that culture-shock plays a part, if you spent 30 years in bedsitland in the rain with the stratospheric random violent-crime rates in the UK, then suddenly you are in the sun with orchid blossoms and delicious food and gorgeous gals, on some level you will think "why wasn't my life like this" since it was only random fate that put you in that bedsit in Barnsley or w/e instead of near a Thai beach. For people who don't have much to go back to, and no way to stay here, it must be very emotional I imagine.

I agreed with most of your comments. But the random violent crime rates you refer to in the UK are no worse than those to be found in Thailand.

Who knows if this guy was pissed and drugged, emotionally devastated by a manipulating whore, or mentally ill. Hopefully the doctors will find out which and treat accordingly.

Nice hat. Is that kid yours? Now you do me... this is like playing monopoly with a child.

If I was even half interested in you, I would be worried about myself.

Let me save you the bother before you go full murray Walker on me, I was born in Exeter, Devon been living in Chiang Mai for 11 year and feel absolutely no need to hide anything. Oh and I'm 41 and occasionally like to wear womens drawers. Did I miss anything u wanna know about?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Finland used to be the suicide capital of the world. And that country has some of the best social welfare in the world too. What's wrong with them?! Another thing, why was he bleeding from his back and feet?

Probably jumped and failed and went to try again !.

Finland used to be the suicide capital of the world. And that country has some of the best social welfare in the world too. What's wrong with them?! Another thing, why was he bleeding from his back and feet?

It's a mental condition caused by the long months of night + alcoholism induced by boredom. Variation on cabin fever.

http://www.jcircadianrhythms.com/content/9/1/10

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

The man, later identified as Nika Antero Jokinen, was standing alone and shirtless on the hotel’s balcony on the third floor when the cops arrived. Jokinen reportedly looked fatigue and was bleeding from his back and feet.

He might find "real" love in See Maha Poo.-wai2.gif

Always find it sad those folks making light of the suicidal. What happened, did you not get enough attention off mamma, or perhaps a little bit too much? Seriously, wind your heads in!

I guess it depends on how serious you take life as a whole, we all end up dust in the end. In the grand scheme of things, if some choose to skip the middle man and get right to the final curtain that's up to them. If they are so unhappy with it all that they can't take it and its to hell with the feelings of the people they leave behind, that's between them and theirs not me.

Just as a point of fact no one died here.

The man, later identified as Nika Antero Jokinen, was standing alone and shirtless on the hotels balcony on the third floor when the cops arrived. Jokinen reportedly looked fatigue and was bleeding from his back and feet.

I think he was not attempting to suicide. He was thinking how

he can survive living in Thailand

A major study has been done on this and the findings relate to lack of sunlight, not joking.

"and some of the bargirls who play with peoples' emotions."

I would think people do a good job at playing with their own emotions...

I have felt heartbroken in Canada, in Germany, in Greece, in Thailand also, suicide was never an option.

If someone needs that as the solution, who am I to judge.

And of course it would create sadness for family and friends.

But there are reasons far more important for sadness in this world than in just one individual's decision to end it up..

I don't believe that Thailand has such a high rate of Farang suicides because of it being Thailand. Thailand unfortunately attracts many suicidal farangs because it is obviously a great place to make a last stand. If you were depressed, down, and already contemplating suicide, or serious about suicide, a city that offers you the ability to turn up, drink like a king, sleep with a number of beautiful women, live like there is no tomorrow, because soon there wont be, and then hit the ground going out believing that life was actually better than it was in your depressed state back home, well, attraction attracts.

When I was in the police force, the number of suicides that we attended in five star hotels was quite amazing. Guys who had once had it all, drinking up, eating up, one last hurrah with a hooker, and then a rope, needle, or bottle of pills took them from this life to the next, feeling that they had lived a life. So it really is sad but true. If you were suicidal and living in a squat in London with no friends, family or future, and you were suicidal, but could use your last money to come to Thailand, live like a king and a lover before you signed out, well, many would take the Thailand option. Such is life.

I agree with all of this. I think you've nailed it very well.

Good luck to the Finnish guy. I hope he gets himself back on track soon.

Honey Hotel... ahh... fond memories i have of this old place. One of the very first shacks where i laid my hat in Thailand, many many years ago.

me too is there not a pool under his window???

there is a pool... yes.. below some of the rooms