Bangsaray - good area to live in ?

balo

I see a lot of new condos are being built in the Bangsaray area , I know the beaches are cleaner there .

But what about the rest of Bangsaray? Do they offer big supermarkets with western food, enough restaurants etc ?

Transportation is not a problem for me anymore so I dont mind the distance from Pattaya.

And what about Internet , only TOT ?

10 years ago Bangsareh was the most charming, romantic place one could find in Thailand. (Wife and I have fond memories of that place.)

But these days, there are mighty forces at work, that will not rest, until they have turned this place into "Little Pattaya".

Is Bangsareh a good area to live in? If looking for a soon to be Pattaya-like environment, you came to the right place. But if looking for a more "Rural-Environment", you would have to move more inland. Silver-Lake area for example.

Cheers.

Surely the attraction is Bang Saray would be that they don't have big supermarkets, western food, etc.... But as mentioned above it will no doubt change into a disappointing annex of "Pattaya".

I understand the attraction now , and you are probably right , with all the new condo projects it will turn into a mini Pattaya .

But for me that is not important , I need a nice apartment , with a fast internet line (3BB) , and a 7 eleven or maybe a Tops supermarket around the corner . Is that too much to ask for out there?

Surely the attraction is Bang Saray would be that they don't have big supermarkets, western food, etc.... But as mentioned above it will no doubt change into a disappointing annex of "Pattaya".

I understand the attraction now , and you are probably right , with all the new condo projects it will turn into a mini Pattaya .

But for me that is not important , I need a nice apartment , with a fast internet line (3BB) , and a 7 eleven or maybe a Tops supermarket around the corner . Is that too much to ask for out there?

Nice apartment maybe but at a price and noisy with the million Russians and Chinese visiting the soon to be opened waterpark.

Fast internet not much chance.

7 Eleven yes, Tops no and not likely at anytime in the foreseeable future.

To the best of my knowledge we now have three 7/11's, one Tesco Lotus Express , one tattoo shop, one pet shop, half a dozen seafood restaurants, one pizza restaurant, four British bars/restaurants, three Scandinavian bars/restaurants, a couple of guesthouses, 2 or 3 Thai-only brothels, a small fleet of fishing boats, and a Thai Royal Navy base.

Yes, it reminds me of Pattaya.whistling.gif

10 years ago Bangsareh was the most charming, romantic place one could find in Thailand. (Wife and I have fond memories of that place.)

But these days, there are mighty forces at work, that will not rest, until they have turned this place into "Little Pattaya".

Is Bangsareh a good area to live in? If looking for a soon to be Pattaya-like environment, you came to the right place. But if looking for a more "Rural-Environment", you would have to move more inland. Silver-Lake area for example.

Cheers.

Look at Bang Chang older beach side condos at a reasonable prices in the fishing village, a great seafood place right on the beach and only 7 ks from the town schools and markets close by to, and only 30min from Rayon City

Edited by pitchag

I love going to Bang Saray every 10 days or so. I see all of the billboards in Pattaya showing all of the new condo projects there. I sure don't now why they are hiding all of the condos in Bang Saray. As of just last week, I again went all through Bang Salay and never saw one condo building, nor even a shovel of dirt that has been turned over to build one. Yes, they have been building the Beach Houses, but those are just one & two story homes starting at Bt7.5 million. The condos right now are only billboards. Just drive down there and take a look. If you find one condo project, please PM me and tell me where it is hidden. As far as a supermarket, you obviously have never been there. No such thing.

I love going to Bang Saray every 10 days or so. I see all of the billboards in Pattaya showing all of the new condo projects there. I sure don't now why they are hiding all of the condos in Bang Saray. As of just last week, I again went all through Bang Salay and never saw one condo building, nor even a shovel of dirt that has been turned over to build one. Yes, they have been building the Beach Houses, but those are just one & two story homes starting at Bt7.5 million. The condos right now are only billboards. Just drive down there and take a look. If you find one condo project, please PM me and tell me where it is hidden. As far as a supermarket, you obviously have never been there. No such thing.

There are a number of large condo developments on the ocean side of Suk Road. One nearing completion has hundreds of small condos (I would guess 27 sq mtr) plus two other developments that have commenced, again very small condos. Land has also been purchased for other condo development on the road parrallel to the beach.

As someone else has mentioned what will be the impact on the quality of life (traffic congestion) once the two large theme parks have been completed on Suk Road with the flow on effect of tourists becoming more aware of the area

I think I read somewhere a major hotel chain has selected this beach for a huge resort. I think it was Marriott, but might be wrong. With the rapid pace of development here, that area won't look anything like it is today in the next few years.

Traffic is already horrible on Suk, can't even imagine it a few years from now. Holiday weekends we try to stay at home due to the traffic.

Sukhumvit needs 3-lanes each way NOW but that won't happen for another 10 years.... maybe. They seem more keen to extend existing inland motorways (7) south to Rayong which is great news for commercial traffic but I can't see that making any difference on the high levels of private motorists tootling between all these idyllic beach condo's and the Pattaya hub of decent shopping.

About the beach there: It has been filthy every time that I have visited the place. It seems "boring beyond imagination," but that can sometimes be a good thing. I, too, wonder where the condo developments are. I think I did see one right before you get to the main turn (from Pattaya, turning right) to the main street. I also saw what looked like some Balinese-like village housing complex. The pier seemed boring. It was hot as Hell. Well, I guess most of Thailand is hot as Hell :)

We were out there for lunch today on a restaurant with very good sea views and only us and a group of Thais, nice place and food good too but not cheap (sea food don't come cheap anymore, anywhere).

I noticed many expat looking older men on the "main strip" down to the beach, some sitting at small bars having a beer and some riding bikes.

We passed an Italian restaurant on our right on the way to the beach close to Sukhumvit, forgot the name but beautiful building, might be worth a visit.

Next to the restaurant we were eating at there was a big sign that you can book a condo but nothing was made yet and nothing going on.

I like Bangsaray but only for a visit now and again, I still prefer the "madness" of Pattaya.

Cheers.

Please tell about the 'fond memories' but remember this is a family forum..

Baan Bangsaray is one of the condo projects that are almost completed now, they promise a sea and mountain view but I will go out there and have a look .

Its important for me that there will be no surprises after I move in , like noise from construction work , barking soi dogs etc . A quite location close to the beach ,

I think its 3 farang bars now one dropped off the map and Immigration closed a guest house/ restaurant

No go go's allowed i am told by order of town council same with lady bars

8 new developments started or planned an agt told me last week inc AD which has paperwork probs with govt

A lot of the condos will be 900,000 and 25 sqm

Good time to buy into the older nearer the beach condos at about 40 sqm like Beach Mountain 4 mins walk to the quiet beach and 10 by bike from town centre and same 4 mins to navy beach area where you can eat and drink ok with fantastic views up to jontiem

I think next two years will tell

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by neilf

I think its 3 farang bars now one dropped off the map and Immigration closed a guest house/ restaurant No go go's allowed i am told by order of town council same with lady bars 8 new developments started or planned an agt told me last week inc AD which has paperwork probs with govt A lot of the condos will be 900,000 and 25 sqm Good time to buy into the older nearer the beach condos at about 40 sqm like Beach Mountain 4 mins walk to the quiet beach and 10 by bike from town centre and same 4 mins to navy beach area where you can eat and drink ok with fantastic views up to jontiem I think next two years will tell Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

neilf,

Thanks for the review.

Here's a few ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'s and some .............'s that I have kicking around.

Knock yourself out.

Cheers,

NL

I live here in Bang saray. The absolute worst place to have a Baan is the beach side. The Condo's & gated communities are very expensive per capa.

I watch them build red brick houses ot use the 5 baht grey bricks & quickly hide them with the rendering. The 50-60 meter village style houses are built for 300-400,000 baht No shit! Made with the absolute most worthless materials one has ever seen. The condo's (like Jomtien) are ridiculously overpriced & if it is beach side you are jammed in traffic when the local markets are in session. The shopping scene not much but Pattay is right down the road & I don't have to be in the pseudo Pattaya- BKK traffic 24-7. The smartest buys here are Land (which is now 20+% more than Jomtien) And just build yourself a house.At least that way when you are done you know the job has super block(or the like) insulation paper(or installed shiny side down) & the steel for the roof is dipped not just painted on the outside. I see village houses being thrown up for 1.6 mil or more & being built for 25% of the asking price with very poor quality all the way around. Better if you want to move here & get a Baan to build your own or buy a good pre-built. There is only 1 quality gated community here. I built houses for 40 years off & on & my girl & I watch the places going up to see if the companies are any good or just trying to earn a buck Del Webb style! The draw for the beach side just -to me does not justify the cost & the beach is alright but it certainly is not Maui Hawaii. for the same price Beachside in Krabi you can get a beachside villa that is on beaches to die for. The smartest buyers here know that the best place for a house or residency is hill side & just go down to the beach 2 -4 kilo's away. That way when it floods & the sewer system backs up the shit does not float down the road beachside. And the traffic is next to none out on the other side of sukimvette.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I personally think the place to be is the other side of Sukhumvit if you want to be relatively close to Pattaya yet away from the madness and noise. As someone else pointed out you should keep in mind things like flooding, sewer, water. All pretty much guaranteed to be less of a problem on the other side of Sukhumvit. I realize some people just have to be near the beach but if that's the case Bang Saray beach is absolutely nothing special. Jomtien beach is much better imho.

I think Ban Chang is worth a look a little further down if you want to be out that way. They have a small non-express Tesco/Lotus there as I recall.

Edited by lapd

I personally think the place to be is the other side of Sukhumvit if you want to be relatively close to Pattaya yet away from the madness and noise. As someone else pointed out you should keep in mind things like flooding, sewer, water. All pretty much guaranteed to be less of a problem on the other side of Sukhumvit. I realize some people just have to be near the beach but if that's the case Bang Saray beach is absolutely nothing special. Jomtien beach is much better imho.

I think Ban Chang is worth a look a little further down if you want to be out that way. They have a small non-express Tesco/Lotus there as I recall.

Jomtien Beach better than Bang Saray? For what exactly?

Ahhh...sand. That is what a beach is last time I checked. Is that a trick question?

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

No flooding whatsoever in Bang Saray unlike Pattaya, Jomtien and the Darkside. The infastructure in Bang Saray has been improved over the past few years and done correctly. The actual beach in Bang Saray is far better than Jomtien however at present dosnt offer such a selection of resteraunts and bars but thats another attraction in itselfe. Sai Keow beach is fantastic although payment for entry is required.

Ahhh...sand. That is what a beach is last time I checked. Is that a trick question?

Sorry I thought you meant all the touts and noise, plastic...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Little Pattaya"; I hope so as that was one of the reasons I moved there recently. The condo's I bought were a massive saving compared to Pattaya/Jomtien prices. The only negative spin is that the new Cartoon Network Water Park will most likley congest the Sukhumvit with U-turns back to Pattaya, unless they use the area behind the development for a car park. Apart from that, it is and will be a great place to live. Only 15 minutes away from Pattaya - no brainer!

Since when in the last 5 years or so has Bang Saray ever been 'only 15 minutes from Pattaya'? Maybe, just maybe on a crotch-rocket at 3 AM in the morning?

Lovely place about 24 years ago when I first bought a house there. Then I moved on. When I came back in 2005, I revisited and realized that it would not be too long before the condo's and congestion would arrive. The fact that Sukhumvit is the ONLY way of getting to/from anywhere and Bang Saray is a real big detractor IMHO.

Since when in the last 5 years or so has Bang Saray ever been 'only 15 minutes from Pattaya'? Maybe, just maybe on a crotch-rocket at 3 AM in the morning?

Lovely place about 24 years ago when I first bought a house there. Then I moved on. When I came back in 2005, I revisited and realized that it would not be too long before the condo's and congestion would arrive. The fact that Sukhumvit is the ONLY way of getting to/from anywhere and Bang Saray is a real big detractor IMHO.

As you know you can avoid most sukhumvit via 36 and the crossways can't remember their numbers

As you know you can avoid most sukhumvit via 36 and the crossways can't remember their numbers

Yes, that's the route my lad calls "the long way home."

Having to take Sukhumvit is what stood out for me as a big negative as well. Would have been so nice if the Jomtien beach road went all the way there. Still a relatively sleepy place when you compare it to the circus Pattaya has become.

36 doesn't look like an alternative to me. Not by a long shot.

Edited by lapd