Good Restaurants On Phuket

khall64au

I am VERY GLAD there are other restaurant owners who also have similar problems.

DIVE Misstress you should have come to me not put it out on the "Public Forum".

What you choose to do shows what kind of a person you are.

Someone did not have a good time at one of 'your' restaurants :D

I suggest you get a life, considering that you are in the Dive industry..... :o

Don't worry Capannina there will always be some one who complains and we are NOT in the bizz

of making ALL people happy.

I didn't know that my dininig experiences and opinions had to be a secret. :D

After all this is a Phuket forum and this was simply my experience that I wrote about in a Phuket Dining Thread about Indian restaurants.

What should I have come to you and said? We complained to you when we were there!

Should we all keep experiences that are unagreeable from each other?

I did say good things as well about Capanina, and only complained about the service. Capanina has great food and I will give credit where credit is due. But I will not keep it a secret between you and I if the service is bad.

I do have alife and sometimes I work hard and want to have a nice meal with a friend. I dont want to spend my money on a meal and end up apologizing after a meal because I picked the place.

You ARE in HOSPITALITY business are you not? Isnt that what F&B is?

IF this shows what kind of person I am then what do the following comments YOU made in the Indian Food thread show about what kind of person you are? Slagging the competition in a public forum!!! Bad taste Billy and very unprofessional! :D

I also find it quite strange when people speak about themselves in the 3rd person!

An Indian restaurant which has any tandoor items on its menu ie Nans, Sheek kebabs, tandoori Chicken etc SHOULD have a Tandoor oven on its premisis.

Otherwise you are being ripped OFF. Sort of like Kashmir restaurant in Lagoona.

His Tandoor sits outside the restaurant collecting cobwebs BUT he has Tandoor items on his menu. That nasty word 'Grill' keeps popping up.

___

Must appoligise, raju does have a tandoor oven..... rolleyes.gif BUT a very small one. Its an open ended homemade oven. Tandoor Ovens are powered / heated by charcoal. There was an earlier posting I had made about ovens.

kashmir next door seems to be going in the direction of getting a Tandoor so hopefull the food improves, especially after the new chef settles in.

Can anyone confirm that Kashmir at lagoona entrance is closed due to rent increase..... .

Can't speak for Billy (owner of Khanasutra) but have to beg to differ, Baluchi ok, Khanasutra BETTER.

Khanasutra is in the Lonley Planet, is Baluchi????

Curry all around ;-)

I am VERY GLAD there are other restaurant owners who also have similar problems.

Don't worry Capannina there will always be some one who complains and we are NOT in the bizz

After all this is a Phuket forum and this was simply my experience that I wrote about in a Phuket Dining Thread about Indian restaurants.

What should I have come to you and said? We complained to you when we were there!

I did say good things as well about Capanina, and only complained about the service. Capanina has great food and I will give credit where credit is due. But I will not keep it a secret between you and I if the service is bad.

I do have alife and sometimes I work hard and want to have a nice meal with a friend. I dont want to spend my money on a meal and end up apologizing after a meal because I picked the place.

IF this shows what kind of person I am then what do the following comments YOU made in the Indian Food thread show about what kind of person you are? Slagging the competition in a public forum!!! Bad taste Billy and very unprofessional! :D

I also find it quite strange when people speak about themselves in the 3rd person!

An Indian restaurant which has any tandoor items on its menu ie Nans, Sheek kebabs, tandoori Chicken etc SHOULD have a Tandoor oven on its premisis.

His Tandoor sits outside the restaurant collecting cobwebs BUT he has Tandoor items on his menu. That nasty word 'Grill' keeps popping up.

___

Must appoligise, raju does have a tandoor oven..... rolleyes.gif BUT a very small one. Its an open ended homemade oven. Tandoor Ovens are powered / heated by charcoal. There was an earlier posting I had made about ovens.

kashmir next door seems to be going in the direction of getting a Tandoor so hopefull the food improves, especially after the new chef settles in.

Can anyone confirm that Kashmir at lagoona entrance is closed due to rent increase..... .

Can't speak for Billy (owner of Khanasutra) but have to beg to differ, Baluchi ok, Khanasutra BETTER.

Curry all around ;-)

For someone who works in the least proffesional industry U are funny. :D

Go back a few threads and all was explained.......can u read??? :D

Stating F A C T S is not slagging.

The Church on Cha Fa road does a free Sunday Kitchen, U should try it sometime.

U won't have to pay, perhaps this is the type of "Restaurant" U R looking for. :D

And not to single out Cappanina, the Pizza/ pasta place in Rawai also has staff/ owner/ customer relations attitude problems. Maybe there is a need for competition? (which is always a good thing!)

Meanwhile, I eat out less and less these days - for what I say?!! Why pay premium prices for unpleasant dining experiences? :o

Thanks,

totally agree with you about the pizza/pasta place.

Last time I took some friend from BKK to this place :D but it was a horrible experience: never ever again!!!

We are all from the hotel/retsaurant business and this night I've lost a lot of face cause I recommended the place.

Gerd

___

Curry all around ;-)

U won't have to pay, perhaps this is the type of "Restaurant" U R looking for. :D

Yes you explained that 2 of your friends used your log in name and password to log in and post and that it wasnt really YOu. Uh , ok , yeah , right.

I know many people come to Thailand and re-invent themselves but posing as Billy seems a bit far fetched.

I never said I was looking for a free meal. I am willing to pay for a nice dinning experience, which I didnt have one night at your restaraunt, and now you attack me personally for posting about it.

Oddly enough while writing this my friend just phoned and she said she was there last week and had a perfect meal and a great time. Lucky her!

Having just entertained my family for 3 weeks on Phuket I found very FEW good non-Thai food restaurants serving quality food, with friendly service at a decent price. The local seafood restaurants in the south were reasonable.

I was so disapponted on many occasions with the prices compared to quality (or lack of). Even Cappanina's at Kata - which was recommended by a few on this forum was a sore disappointment. My nicoise salad was extremely ordinary at 180 baht (an expensive salad considering it was made with all local grown foods). The other dishes at the table looked ok but nothing special .

I was prepared for surly waitresses by this quote from Dive Mistress in the Indian Food thread:

"HOwever Capanina surely has staffing issues however the food is reasonably priced and is amazing. its worth the unfriendly looks from the moody waitresses who are still adapting to the learning curve of good service."

I must say, the service - if that is what it is meant to be called- is so appalling that I completely lost my appetite and I doubt I will EVER return there. How long does it take to adapt to a learning curve of good service? We were not even offered a drink by any of 4 waitresses sitting zombie-like with just 2 tables to take care of. Maybe cos the owner was nowhere to be seen at luchtime, the place is not good value in the daytime?

Just getting tired of paying high prices for ordinary food and slack service. Can anybody recommend good non-Thai food restaurants on this island?

I find the food at the Green Man to be excellent, especially the ploughmans lunch.. yummy!!

While you're down that way, there's a place called 'Farang' on the LHS of the road going from Cherng Thalee towards the monument. Don't be put off by the fact it looks like a tin shack. Freshly prepared Western dishes - spaghetti, lasagne, steaks, home-made cheesecakes - are excellent, and cheap too. Nice, smiley staff. I use it for lunch, but believe it is now open at suppertime as well. No aircon so can be hot.

Well, I've certainly lived up to my signature! Farang is at the end of my road and is indeed a decent place to eat (although I've only ever eaten Thai food there). My apologies to those who own/run it - my omission is no reflection on your food or service! :o

___

Curry all around ;-)

Yes you explained that 2 of your friends used your log in name and password to log in and post and that it wasnt really YOu. Uh , ok , yeah , right.

I know many people come to Thailand and re-invent themselves but posing as Billy seems a bit far fetched.

I never said I was looking for a free meal. I am willing to pay for a nice dinning experience, which I didnt have one night at your restaraunt, and now you attack me personally for posting about it.

Oddly enough while writing this my friend just phoned and she said she was there last week and had a perfect meal and a great time. Lucky her!

The best form of advertising is word of mouth. If a customer is happy they will recommend the experience to at least one other person. If a customer is unhappy .... they tell at least 10! :D I think this thread is doing a great service for diners and proprietors alike. :D

hi,i'm italian and i live here

before i try lasagne o spaghetti or italian food in many shop like farang,or thai shop that do italian food and pizza,and i can say that the food is not so good

i'm italian,and i know if lasagne or spaghetti is good or not

only if inside we have italian chef that work really can guarantee great italian food,no farang or thai can have the right taste for italian food

this is my thinker,same if italian chef try to do france food,the results is not perfect sure

so,my idea is that pizza and italian food is right eat in italian(really) shop

france,sweden,german food in shop that the manager or chef is france,sweden or german,also many thai shop propone italian food but a real italian gay can understand that the quality is low,so if some italian guy say that the food in capannina is not so good,maybe i can believe,but if a little small number of thai or farangs say is not good,i doubt a lot about your taste,i know mario and i know that he work inside the kitchen 12 hours per day with passion,so,maybe wrone sometimes is normal for everybody,but capannina give a very good italian food,and about staff can say only that is very difficoult ticher anythings about servers and smiless,no so easy,believe me

regards :o

Edited by giulio

Only Italians know about Italian food... LOL.. Why the hel_l are there so many Italian restaurants here? They only cater for Italians who know what the food is about???

I am non-Italian. I prepare food for you mate. Italian food. You wouldn't know the difference.., trust me!

It is just a laugh saying that only Italians can prepare Italian food. As saying that only Thai can prepare Thai food... Who again is the only foreign chef with a Michelin star for Thai food???? And I do not talk yet about about the list of other nationalities preparing great Italian food as that list is endless.

As I read, the critisicme was at the staff, not hte food. Staff you can train or replace; isn't it?

Or are Italians only good cooks and besides that very bad managers? Sorry to be so direct but your insinuations are to ridiculous to leave alone.....

Only Italians know about Italian food... LOL.. Why the hel_l are there so many Italian restaurants here? They only cater for Italians who know what the food is about???

I am non-Italian. I prepare food for you mate. Italian food. You wouldn't know the difference.., trust me!

It is just a laugh saying that only Italians can prepare Italian food. As saying that only Thai can prepare Thai food... Who again is the only foreign chef with a Michelin star for Thai food???? And I do not talk yet about about the list of other nationalities preparing great Italian food as that list is endless.

As I read, the critisicme was at the staff, not hte food. Staff you can train or replace; isn't it?

Or are Italians only good cooks and besides that very bad managers? Sorry to be so direct but your insinuations are to ridiculous to leave alone.....

think what you want,no problem,if my insinuations is ridicolous only for you.....

this is my idea,and conferm what i say

"I am non-Italian. I prepare food for you mate. Italian food. You wouldn't know the difference.., trust me!"

for you,maybe,but not for italian people,off course some chef can do something like very italian food,but believe me,never can be the same that do italian chef,is the taste is different

if italian chef prepare thai food ,i think is so difficolty prepare dish with very really thai taste!!!!!! :o

is normal,nothing wrone,the taste for the food cannot learning with school ,maybe can learning ALMOST,but not like born to italy

only if grow to italy and eat everyday can aquire this TASTE really italian

sorry,but this is my thinker

bye

Edited by giulio

Arrogant <deleted> like giullio are hilarious. They are in the wrong country.

mah..........

i'm sorry if appeare arrogant,sorry really :D

i show my thinker,only this,but without any idea of be arrogant

look the answer(fascist? :D )and understand maybe why i be directly

really,i don't want be arrogant

but don't tell me that i'm in the wrone country,please

is many years i stay here (and i stay very well and never get a problem)and for this i can explaine my thinker about food here

sure,this is my thinker ,maybe different from your idea about food,but in democracy everybody can explaine what you thinks,and not for this must to classified arrogant and fascist(do you know the significate of this word? :D ) :o

right?not so good tell fascist somebody that you don't know only because explaine a idea about food here,very hilarious and offensive story,that show that maybe you are in the wrone country and not me,think about this

finish here

bye

Edited by giulio

Sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience in Phuket, especially on fine Thai food, of which many restaurants around the island could offer the remarkable experience to you. For Thai seafood you can try out at Savouy or Baan Thai Beach resort at Patong Beach, Kan-Eang I or II at Ao Chalong and etc. For fine dinning then you should try Baan Rim Pa at Kalim near Patong and Baan Klung Jinda Restaurant in Phuket town.

Hope your next visit to Phuket you will check it out at those restaurants.

Sawasdee Krab.

Khun Kitti, how are things with you? I would like to keep in touch.

Yes, K. Kitti.... maybe you could re-invite some of your old media contacts to re- review your restaurant? I'm sure your standards have moved up with fine dining expectations?

Well ask one if they can say if they know a good place to eat and many times the food and service is good, but sometimes it turns sore. Low quality service and yesterdays vegetables, especially at low season. For a restaurant, a reputation is important and mostly it goes verbally. It takes only one time of bad service or low quality ingredients and rep is gone, customer does not return.

Owners must think of this all the time and remind their staff every minute.

The worst I can ever hear from a owner is for me as a customer to accept a bad service or lousy food situation because this is Thailand, mai pen rai, then my reply is tell them to close the joint and return home as their period here has no more meaning!

There are plenty of good food ingredients and well mannered staff.

Thai chefs trained by farangs can turn out to be good food preparers, but they have to know why we like the taste of what we order and eat. If they never taste the food how they now what we like to eat, then it is just food processing with no personal touch?

It costs to have a farang chef and this is added to the eating pleasure tab.

For great Thai food if you are in the Kata area, go to Mama Daeng. Everything is 30 baht, you get a fried egg for an extra 5 baht and that includes a bowl of soup too. The green curry is great! The owners are very nice and the water is free (see other thread).

Its next to the little diving equiptment shop, next to the Post office in Kata and opposite the petrol station. Ive eaten here almost daily for about 2 years. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at the BAAN THAI RESORT in Patong. Ate at their restaurant called FLAVORS.

Service was great. I had the New Zealand Lamb Chops. Out of this world delicious. :o Will be back in Phuket and plan to visit Flavors again when I return to the Island. I keep their card in my wallet. It was very close to the Mc Ds on the beach road.