Blacklisted

Hi

Advise needed please

Ive apparently just been blacklisted from Thailand for 99 years which i trying to get sorted through the British embassy-Thai immigration but very long winded indeed. Dont really want too go into it but apart from very minor offence which they remanded me for 48 days in prison whilst they filed charges and guess what on the 48 day they charged me. Another 12 days in transit and 60 days for total fine of 2,500 baht for the offence and deported

My question is - does being blacklisted stop me form entering other Asean countries such as Singapore / Cambodia .Has im trying to find work in these...

I already tried to re-enter Thailand but got refused put in transit for 2.5 days back too your home land. Even though at Doha hub i could have bought a ticket for Cambodia , so the guy on transfers stated. But im at a point of being told that many things that are wrong i just don't know who has the right info and if i do go too Cambodia, i possibly can get a flight their but refused entry via immigration..

So anyone whos been in the same boat , advise would be appreciated

Cheers and beers

Apologies - I took

"But im at a point of being told that many things that are wrong i just don't know who has the right info and if i do go too Cambodia, i possibly can get a flight their but refused entry via immigration.."

As he was trying to return to Thailand via Cambodia...? Sorry, was not very clear.

RAZZ

Apologies - I took

"But im at a point of being told that many things that are wrong i just don't know who has the right info and if i do go too Cambodia, i possibly can get a flight their but refused entry via immigration.."

As he was trying to return to Thailand via Cambodia...? Sorry, was not very clear.

RAZZ

No Razz

It can read like that. Im just trying to start a new life in Cambodia and have heard today that being blacklisted in one Asean country , can lead to being blacklisted in others. But then again this guy who said it was via hearsay again!

i just dont want too jump on a plane to get refused again at a huge cost and disapointment. ive asked the British embassy but nowadays their has useful as a chocolate fireguard and i fed up of hearing their quotes. your welfare is our main concern!! this wasnt the case when they left me in the cells with nothing...

So experinced advise needed

I don't think you will have problem entering Cambodia. There is no sharing of blacklist info as far as I know.

Sent from my AirPad 8" TA803D using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree - but you might want to consider using another country other than Thailand as a transit stop for your journey to Cambodia. There is little reason to transit in Thailand before heading to Cambodia anymore as there are plenty of flights from other countries these days and in your case even transiting in Thailand wouldn't be allowed. Therefore, find a direct flight from the UK to Vietnam (such as on Vietnam Airlines), and then travel from there onto Cambodia either by air or you can go overland. Alternatively, there are also flights from Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong and numerous Chinese cities to Cambodia.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

I know someone that was once blacklisted - when home (UK), changed his name (deed pole), got a new passport and came straight back! Not suggesting you do this, as that would be illegal, but it would be a further safety step going to Cambodia - no one really knows what will come after Asean (other than Singapore putting Thailand out of business). This may cause issue if you need to use qualifications etc in your "real" name however.

I know someone that was once blacklisted - when home (UK), changed his name (deed pole), got a new passport and came straight back! Not suggesting you do this, as that would be illegal, but it would be a further safety step going to Cambodia - no one really knows what will come after Asean (other than Singapore putting Thailand out of business). This may cause issue if you need to use qualifications etc in your "real" name however.

There is at least one post on Thaivisa that someone tried that and was denied entrance.

There is at least one post on Thaivisa that someone tried that and was denied entrance.

yeap i agree, few millions post on TV, and its the first time, that i read it...

@op, just make a new passport, as a red stamp might prevent you to enter any (asean) country, and that it.

But i am still surprise by the blacklistwhistling.gif

Edited by Bender

I can only assume that those suggesting a new passport, or even a change of name and then a new passport, haven't heard of computers and biometrics.

surprised you havent heard of incompetence and thainess.

Is there a full moon? It seems the number of new threads started by trolls (and quickly closed) has been on the rise lately as well as the number of just pointless Thai bashing posts by (supposed) newbies.

Edited by Suradit69

I don't think you will have problem entering Cambodia. There is no sharing of blacklist info as far as I know.

Sent from my AirPad 8" TA803D using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree - but you might want to consider using another country other than Thailand as a transit stop for your journey to Cambodia. There is little reason to transit in Thailand before heading to Cambodia anymore as there are plenty of flights from other countries these days and in your case even transiting in Thailand wouldn't be allowed. Therefore, find a direct flight from the UK to Vietnam (such as on Vietnam Airlines), and then travel from there onto Cambodia either by air or you can go overland. Alternatively, there are also flights from Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong and numerous Chinese cities to Cambodia.

Just a note of caution regarding the above advice:

If he was charged with anything to do with drugs, and I'm not saying he was but "IF" he was, he should take a great deal of care transiting any other country where they have strict drug laws. Member states may provide names of individuals to each other on those who are blacklisted as a result of possible drug charges.

Should mention that those states which have tough laws on drugs have my total support, so don't anyone think I'm on-side with drug offenders.

• Like 1

I can only assume that those suggesting a new passport, or even a change of name and then a new passport, haven't heard of computers and biometrics.

I think you may find they are not as stupid as you think.

I think the OP would be very stupid to even try transiting through Thailand as he could easily trip up, already been stopped trying to re-enter, no doubt told what they will do next time.

The OP obviously did something to which the Thai authorities did not take too kindly too, and it is not just asian countries that may refuse him entry, places like the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand just to name few may also ban him if they are aware of his offences (even if only alleged), most countries see "entry" to alians as a privilege not a right.

it was you interpreted them as the same thing not i.

I think the OP would be very stupid to even try transiting through Thailand as he could easily trip up, already been stopped trying to re-enter, no doubt told what they will do next time.

The OP obviously did something to which the Thai authorities did not take too kindly too, and it is not just asian countries that may refuse him entry, places like the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand just to name few may also ban him if they are aware of his offences (even if only alleged), most countries see "entry" to alians as a privilege not a right.

Then what were you implying by 'Thainess'?

if you dont know i'm not going to tell you. perhaps i couldnt tell you even if i tried.

Thought as much...

if i could explain to you the proof of the second law of thermodynamics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics would you be any the wiser?

Edited by mamba yuck

if you dont know i'm not going to tell you. perhaps i couldnt tell you even if i tried.

Thought as much...

if i could explain to you the proof of the second law of thermodynamics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics would you be any the wiser?

Three evasive answers and two attempts to elevate yourself above others does not a point make. I'm not convinced you're qualified to lecture on thermodynamics, nor that I need to be relatively wiser. But in your own way you answered my question, so thank you for that.

• Like 1

Thought as much...

Three evasive answers and two attempts to elevate yourself above others does not a point make. I'm not convinced you're qualified to lecture on thermodynamics, nor that I need to be relatively wiser. But in your own way you answered my question, so thank you for that.

i'll take it at face value, which is what i was asking of you.

PS. i am not convinced that i couldn't lecture on thermodynamics if i chose to, but on thainess, never.

Edited by mamba yuck

I for one certainly thought your comment was knocking the Thai's particularly as I can not find the definition of the word Thainess in my English dictionary.

There was another guy not long ago, posted about that he was blacklisted and needed help. I replied and I advice you to look it up and read it.

That's the only way you are going to enter Thailand again in this lifetime.

As for entering other Asian countries, it depends on the country. They exchange information so you can bet other places in Asia are going to know about that you got blacklisted. They still let you in or not totally depends on the people in charge at the moment when you try to cross the border.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet