Certificate or proof of Residence

Sorry i posted earlier but forgot this question. Thanks to the replies to my first post. I see occasional references to a certificate or proof of residence needed in topics.

I am a 61 yr Brit, married to a thai ladygoing for a Retirement extension after a Non O Multi visa as said before.

We are staying in a house jointly owned by my wife and her brother (who does not live there). I have my Yellow book linked to this house and we have the blue book for the house. Would I need anything else ? (certificates ? pictures ? etc).

Thanks and sorry for troubling you twice.

You don't need pictures of house.

Your yellow book is enough for proof of residence. Wife's house book would be good to have handy also.

Sent from my AirPad 8" TA803D using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ubonjoe

• 3 months later...

Is a Thai drivers' license with one's current address suitable in place of the documentation mentioned above? While it may be unrelated to the topic, it was sufficient for my initial 90 reporting.

For an extension a drivers license would not be enough. Most offices will want a rental contract or some other proof.

Yellow book is good but I would take as much documentation as you can muster including photo's and 2 or 3 copies of them and other documents, this is Thailand and you never know if the Imm' officer is going to be having an off day ....

Yes, for extension based on marriage they can be very inventive with their requirements.

In this case the focus is not so much on the address, but proving that you really live together with your wife.

Be prepared to sketch a map showing the way to your house biggrin.png

Not quite certain whether the thread starter wants to go this route, because he simply write "retirement extension".

In case of retirement (800k in the bank or 65k per month), there will not be that much trouble.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Last time i went to immigration for certificate of residence to renuw my drivers lisence to 5 years. Immigration did not needed my lease , as my adres was on my old expiered lisence they said , immigration Jomtien soi 5