Still chaos over taxis at Phuket airport

webfact

How is that bus service doing now - is there a thread covering that ?

I took the airport bus last week, arrived in air Asia from chiang mai about 2.30 and the bus was leaving in 5 minutes. The two of us jumped on and off we went. AC wasn't particularly cold but we trundled along stopping on the way to drop people off where they wanted.

Driver dropped us right in front of my apartment in Patong. Perfect, couldn't have been better.

The starting point in Patong is a small office at the front of JJ Plaza.

Honestly, a fabulous service. I know I was lucky it was leaving just as we walked out of the airport, but I intend to use it every time now.

The bus was also full with only about 2 seats remaining, so looks like business is picking up for them

Go the bus ! Stick it to those miserable taxi rip off merchants !

I would really encourage everyone to use it.

I would IF there were a bus running down the Eastern route through Chalong/Rawai. never thought I'd envy Patong.

At a guess, 15k to 20k a month (here in Phuket).

Not for the average worker, such as shop assistant or even low level government worker. More like 10 - 14k per month. Sure there are many making much much more but they are business folks.

My lowest level line staff will average 16k for the year - high seaon more, low season less & I would guarentee tuk tuk and taxis earn much more.