Chiang Mai Legit Massage

mrmnp

I really have tried to find a legit massage, prefer deep tissue, but would settle for Thai style, but have been unsuccessful. Have even gone for the ugly ones to no avail. The operative word is legit.

Help from anyone who knows of any would be appreciated. It seems to me 200 Baht an hour plus tip is a reasonable price?

The only "world class" massage I have had in Thailand was from a blind man at the blind institute massage establishment in Pattaya. Is there such a place in Chiang Mai. Help. Thank you.

Many, many places about town. Possibly the most famous is Lek Chaiya at the Thapae Gate end of Rachdamnoen Road (opposite the Shell petrol Station.) However they are very pricey.

Look out for any signs advertising massage schools, traditional massage, herbal massage etc. They are on almost every street corner, and in the middle of the block!

Walk up Loi Kroh Rd & you will find at least ten, including foot massage etc.

Across from the Old Chianagmi Cultural Centre is the School of Old Medicine (Wulai Street) which is famous for both its expert masseurs and its fine two week program on the bases of Thai massage. It is completely legitimate, and has a license by the Education Ministry. Massages and other health-related services are inexpensive, and they give you a discount if you are three or more individuals.

Another more upscale place is located immediately to the right of the CM University Art Gallery on Nimanheimen Road. Even the Princess uses that one!

It goes without saying that neither of these has any sex-related activities.

So you can take your Mom, Pastor, Rabbi or whomever!

On Moon Muang Soi 2 there is a good place - can't remember the name though. Walk down the soi about 100 feet. On the left hand side there is a sign. Walk about 20 feet in a narrow walkway and there is an old thai house. There's 4 ladies usually and they've all been doing it for 10 plus years.

• 6 years later...

Any one have a update on this?

I think the prices may have gone up a bit in the last 6 YEARS :blink:

No they haven't looking at the first post.

Which is really quite amazing. I thought prices would have gone up, but this prehistoric excavation from 2004 shows they haven't. Makes me happy I didn't get here too late!

The best massage I have gotten as I have posted before here is at Maripaun Traditional Massage on Maejo Road. This is totally legit as you say and I know from others the masseuse and owners refuse to do anything not legit or extra. The masseuses there are great and thanks to massage their I am free of pain despite 2 herniated disks. They give very deep and strong massage and will make as strong or light as you ask, but I prefer strong as this is what helps me most. Also the thai massage is only 120 baht per hour. The salon is on Mae Jo Road. Travelling from Rimping market at meechok Plaza, you drive towards Mae Jo and massage shop and beauty salon is 6.5 kms from Rimping. Turn right at second stoplight and come back towards Rimping. There is a Wawee Coffee right before shop, and there are signs out front as well as big sign on second floor of building, which is 3 story shophouse. Maripaun is last shop in row, right next to driveway from Wang Bua Thong muban.

The best massage I have gotten as I have posted before here is at Maripaun Traditional Massage on Maejo Road. This is totally legit as you say and I know from others the masseuse and owners refuse to do anything not legit or extra. The masseuses there are great and thanks to massage their I am free of pain despite 2 herniated disks. They give very deep and strong massage and will make as strong or light as you ask, but I prefer strong as this is what helps me most. Also the thai massage is only 120 baht per hour. The salon is on Mae Jo Road. Travelling from Rimping market at meechok Plaza, you drive towards Mae Jo and massage shop and beauty salon is 6.5 kms from Rimping. Turn right at second stoplight and come back towards Rimping. There is a Wawee Coffee right before shop, and there are signs out front as well as big sign on second floor of building, which is 3 story shophouse. Maripaun is last shop in row, right next to driveway from Wang Bua Thong muban.

I've been there a few times and can also recommend this place.

In town, Leelawadee at the end of soi 2 Kaewnawarat Road facing the entrance to floral Condominium is my current favourite. 150 baht per hour but probably the best nuad Thai massage I've ever had.

I used to go to the blind massage in Santitam and this is good as well. I would recommend the Old Medicine Hospital but their blatant 2-tier pricing annoys me.