Bangkok's "Car free day" to take place September 22

webfact

This and the "groping" thread would go good together. Free groping in ideal conditions.

Is there a 'grope-free' day in the works? Or did I mean 'grope free' ... I forget. Anyone ever get charged by the gropee for groping her (or him)? If so, there's got to be a rate double-standard - TiT.

Edited by MaxYakov

Bangkok deperately needs a strong public transit system but that only works when people choose to use it rather than cars and that is both a cultural and infrastructure issue.

I do wish they would stop this bicycle foolishness. Rental bicycles when there is no space to ride them and bicycle lanes that make it even more difficult to walk down the sidewalk... such a brilliant idea...

Edited by CPT
  • Like 1

Bangkok deperately needs a strong public transit system but that only works when people choose to use it rather than cars and that is both a cultural and infrastructure issue.

I do wish they would stop this bicycle foolishness. Rental bicycles when there is no space to ride them and bicycle lanes that make it even more difficult to walk down the sidewalk... such a brilliant idea...

Cars - a Western culture issue, as well has the motorbikes.

I agree that the painted sidewalk bicycle lanes were ill-conceived and I suspect most bicyclists avoid them. They do make good markers for the motorbikes zooming down the sidewalks, however.

There's room for both motorized vehicles and bicycles on Bangkok streets as is demonstrated by both Thai and farang bicyclists daily. My fear is that more people will realize this and additionally clutter the streets with bicycles like the Netherlands. This is unlikely due to the "no sweat" (in more ways than one) Thai culture. So, now, Bangkok streets are cluttered mainly with motorbikes.