anybody knows how to root htc magic 1.5 i know its too late but i have to :D

vocaa

i want to root my HTC MAGIC which i have been using for the past 3 years without rooting smile.png

i also read this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/469356-htc-magic-android-15-need-upgrade-to-22-and-root/ every single post coffee1.gif but when i found something its whether removed or not available or can't be downloaded so i need ur help here

anybody that rooted his magic can just upload the necessary files to root it i would appreciate it wai.gif

details :

version: 1.5 android
SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0010 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17

I've rooted my PS2 with superoneclick (shortfuse.org their official web site). Since then a lot of things changed buy I kept my root and upgraded the OS a few times and still have the root.

When I get a new phone within a month, I'm guessing I'd have to look for the new ways to root it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've rooted my PS2 with superoneclick (shortfuse.org their official web site). Since then a lot of things changed buy I kept my root and upgraded the OS a few times and still have the root.

When I get a new phone within a month, I'm guessing I'd have to look for the new ways to root it.

ill download the superone click and see "which was removed from shortfuse.org" thats what i'm saying whenever i try to download anything it just removed but thank u biggrin.png do u know anything about adding that extra rom and does the superoneclick work on 1.5 ?

Edited by vocaa

ill download the superone click and see "which was removed from shortfuse.org" thats what i'm saying whenever i try to download anything it just removed but thank u Posted Image do u know anything about adding that extra rom and does the superoneclick work on 1.5 ?
Superoneclick worked on lots of devices and OS and its one of the old programs, it has to work on 1.5 but you need to read on it yourself and see what devices are supported. Developer constantly adding new devices but I'm sure he doesn't remove the older devices.

Once you get it rooted, install Mobile Odin and your phone will be good to flash many roms and keep the root (make sure the ever root option is checked in mobile Odin.)

ill download the superone click and see "which was removed from shortfuse.org" thats what i'm saying whenever i try to download anything it just removed but thank u biggrin.png do u know anything about adding that extra rom and does the superoneclick work on 1.5 ?
Superoneclick worked on lots of devices and OS and its one of the old programs, it has to work on 1.5 but you need to read on it yourself and see what devices are supported. Developer constantly adding new devices but I'm sure he doesn't remove the older devices.

Once you get it rooted, install Mobile Odin and your phone will be good to flash many roms and keep the root (make sure the ever root option is checked in mobile Odin.)

b4 the mobile odin i downloaded the superoneclick then i rooted my phone so its supposed to be rooted but i didn't the superuser app then i tried to unroot it then root it again it said that my os is 2 + when i say its not it say that it can't read the device properties if i ignored it just lag so i tried to sell root whcih i didn't saw any videos about then it said it was rooted but no superuser app either if u know what the problem or what can i do plz help ..

Sorry I don't know what the problem is and I'm not sure I understand you. You were supposed to read and follow all the instructions for super one click. I think you were supposed to start with installing a proper USB driver for your device so the program can communicate with your phone, did you do that? Also if your phone isn't listed in supported devices, you shouldn't use it.

If your phone still works, stop playing with it, go and read as much as you need about rooting with super one click or any other method.

I rooted my phone some years ago and haven't had to bother with rooting again, I don't remember all the proper steps and as I said, things could have changed over the years so it may not work now the same way it worked before for me.

Mobile Odin has nothing to do with rooting but it is the best app to flush a firmware on a phone, however mobile Odin requires root,neo that where you start.

Good luck, and as I said do a lot of reading before rooting so you understand what you are doing.

Sorry I don't know what the problem is and I'm not sure I understand you. You were supposed to read and follow all the instructions for super one click. I think you were supposed to start with installing a proper USB driver for your device so the program can communicate with your phone, did you do that? Also if your phone isn't listed in supported devices, you shouldn't use it.

If your phone still works, stop playing with it, go and read as much as you need about rooting with super one click or any other method.

I rooted my phone some years ago and haven't had to bother with rooting again, I don't remember all the proper steps and as I said, things could have changed over the years so it may not work now the same way it worked before for me.

Mobile Odin has nothing to do with rooting but it is the best app to flush a firmware on a phone, however mobile Odin requires root,neo that where you start.

Good luck, and as I said do a lot of reading before rooting so you understand what you are doing.

i'm sorry i was on a hurry so i didn't explain my self well biggrin.png "i followed the instructions and the phone should be rooted but to check the root i'm supposed to find (supersuer.apk) on my apps which i didn't find" this is the part that u don't understand right ? biggrin.png

btw my phone htc magic 32a isn't in the supported devices only 32b but the instructions was those devices weren't complete list so i should have tried it

excuse me but installing a proper usb driver for my device ..... it installs automatic once i plug my phone to the pc doesn't it ? :D if no how do i do so wai2.gif

and ill do the reading ^_^ thQ and sorry for bothering u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9--FJ1WjLs

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1630146

I have no experience with HTC's but have this vague recollection that unlocking the bootloader is much more convoluted than with many other Android phones.

thq for u concern but i was already there and the unlocker.com files "that i'm supposed to have to do the root" are no longer there sad.png

• 2 weeks later...
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This guide is made for NOOBS with windows, but the steps can be made on any OS.

The RootTools-package have the tools + images needed for windows, linux and mac!

You don't even need the android sdk :0)

No need for goldcard!

Step 0) -Only do this step if your going to flash custom recovery + spl(optional)

Reboot your system into fastboot (hold power-button and back-button together)

Write down EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON YOUR SCREEN.

Reboot into your system again.

Step 1)

Download and extract the contents of RootTools to C:\roottools

Step 2)

start a command promt (cmd)

type:

cd c:\roottools\windows

Step 3)

Make sure that your device has usb debugging turned on by doing:

push "menu" -> Applications -> Development -> make sure that "USB debugging" IS CHECKED.

now install the app that will root your system by typing:

adb install C:\roottools\App\UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk

Step 4)

Start the app from your device... it's called universal androot.

The app will automatically check your system version.

But, just to sure - verify it then push "root :-)"

Wait for it to finish..

if it fails, then try again... if it still fails try to choose:

"Do not install Super user" and then push "root :-)"

If all goes well then you have ROOT :0)

If it did not go well, then ask for help in this thread!

You can now do what ever you want...

But i recommend to continue with the recovery part.

The eng spl is optional, and you dont need it unless you have enough experience with fastboot and terminal commands!

Step 5) RECOVERY

Now we use the info you wrote down earlier...

---------------

if the first line ends with H and your radio starts with 3.22:

adb push C:\roottools\3.22Radio\recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0H.img /sdcard

----OR---

if the first line ends with G and your radio starts with 2.22:

adb push C:\roottools\3.22Radio\recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img /sdcard

----OR---

if your radio starts with 6.35 type:

adb push C:\roottools\6.35Radio\Recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img /sdcard

------------

Step 6) OPTIONAL

If you would like a eng spl then type:

--------------

If you have the 3.5mm jack use this option also!

But only if you have something important that needs eng spl.

Using this spl will cut your ram in half and make the 3.5mm jack useless!

You can always revert back to stock spl when your done doing the "important" stuff :0)

if your radio starts with 3.22 or less type:

adb push C:\roottools\3.22Radio\hboot_2010_signed.zip /sdcard

----OR---

adb push C:\roottools\6.35Radio\hboot_2007_signed.zip /sdcard

Step 7)

Now we going to flash custom recovery + spl(OPTIONAL).

type:

adb shell

su

(Now look at your device. If the superuser app is asking for permissions, then just push "allow" and make sure that the "remember" option is checked.)

cd /system/bin

ls

(now make sure that you see a file called "flash_image". If you do not, then make step 9 and forget the rest of THIS step)

./flash_image recovery /sdcard/xxxxxxxx.img (where the xxxxxxxx are replaced by the name of the recovery image you pushed in step 5)

Now you should have a custom recovery.. you can read in the forum what that can do for you...:0)

I recommend you to stop here, or you can continue if you made step 6.

Warning, step 8 can brick your device if done improperly!

Step 8)

Turn of the device.

Start in recovery mode by holding the home-button together with power-button for min 5 sec.

The custom recovery should start. You navigate using the trackball.

Choose "flash zip from sdcard"

(If you get errors like those:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)

(No such file or directory)

Or

E:Can't mount SDCARD:

It's small bug that shows up randomly.

It means that the custom recovery can't mount your sdcard...

To fix it try this:

selecting "usb-ms toggle".... waiting 3 sec...then push menu-button.

Some times you need to repeat it 2-3 times before you again can get access to the sdcard!

Then choose "flash zip from sdcard" from the menu.)

choose the zip file you pushed in step 6.(should start with hboot)

Follow the instructions on the device screen. JUST DO WHAT IT TELLS YOU TO DO!!!

The device should restart a couple of times...

It's normal if you see a different recovery screen for 10-15 sec... LET IT WORK!

By all means don't interrupt it unless it has taken more then 2 min!

(IF MORE THEN 2 MIN, REMOVE BATTERY)

When it's back in recovery and is doing nothing for 15 sec then your done.

Choose "Power off".

Restart in fastboot and check that your info has changed from what you wrote down earlier...

DONE. You now have eng spl + custom recovery + ROOT... You can now do WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO.. you have complete control over your device :0)

THE END!

Check out some of the tools in my signature :0)

Step 9) ONLY IF YOU DID NOT FIND flash_image IN STEP 7

type:

exit

(you should now be back to windows command promt, if not keep typing exit until you are)

type:

adb push C:\roottools\App\flash_image /data/local/tmp

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

chmod 777 ./flash_image

./flash_image recovery /sdcard/xxxxxxxx.img (where the xxxxxxxx are replaced by the name of the recovery image you pushed in step 5)

(Now go back and read the text after step 7)

LINK TO ROOTTOOLS:

Cheers!

• Like 1

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
This guide is made for NOOBS with windows, but the steps can be made on any OS.
The RootTools-package have the tools + images needed for windows, linux and mac!
You don't even need the android sdk :0)
No need for goldcard!
Step 0) -Only do this step if your going to flash custom recovery + spl(optional)
Reboot your system into fastboot (hold power-button and back-button together)
Write down EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON YOUR SCREEN.
Reboot into your system again.
Step 1)
Download and extract the contents of RootTools to C:\roottools
Step 2)
start a command promt (cmd)
type:
cd c:\roottools\windows
Step 3)
Make sure that your device has usb debugging turned on by doing:
push "menu" -> Applications -> Development -> make sure that "USB debugging" IS CHECKED.
now install the app that will root your system by typing:
adb install C:\roottools\App\UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk
Step 4)
Start the app from your device... it's called universal androot.
The app will automatically check your system version.
But, just to sure - verify it then push "root :-)"
Wait for it to finish..
if it fails, then try again... if it still fails try to choose:
"Do not install Super user" and then push "root :-)"
If all goes well then you have ROOT :0)
If it did not go well, then ask for help in this thread!
You can now do what ever you want...
But i recommend to continue with the recovery part.
The eng spl is optional, and you dont need it unless you have enough experience with fastboot and terminal commands!
Step 5) RECOVERY
Now we use the info you wrote down earlier...
---------------
if the first line ends with H and your radio starts with 3.22:
adb push C:\roottools\3.22Radio\recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0H.img /sdcard
----OR---
if the first line ends with G and your radio starts with 2.22:
adb push C:\roottools\3.22Radio\recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img /sdcard
----OR---
adb push C:\roottools\6.35Radio\Recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img /sdcard
------------
Step 6) OPTIONAL
If you would like a eng spl then type:
--------------
If you have the 3.5mm jack use this option also!
But only if you have something important that needs eng spl.
Using this spl will cut your ram in half and make the 3.5mm jack useless!
You can always revert back to stock spl when your done doing the "important" stuff :0)
if your radio starts with 3.22 or less type:
adb push C:\roottools\3.22Radio\hboot_2010_signed.zip /sdcard
----OR---
adb push C:\roottools\6.35Radio\hboot_2007_signed.zip /sdcard
Step 7)
Now we going to flash custom recovery + spl(OPTIONAL).
type:
adb shell
su
(Now look at your device. If the superuser app is asking for permissions, then just push "allow" and make sure that the "remember" option is checked.)
cd /system/bin
ls
(now make sure that you see a file called "flash_image". If you do not, then make step 9 and forget the rest of THIS step)
Now you should have a custom recovery.. you can read in the forum what that can do for you...:0)
I recommend you to stop here, or you can continue if you made step 6.
Warning, step 8 can brick your device if done improperly!
Step 8)
Turn of the device.
Start in recovery mode by holding the home-button together with power-button for min 5 sec.
The custom recovery should start. You navigate using the trackball.
Choose "flash zip from sdcard"
(If you get errors like those:
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
Or
E:Can't mount SDCARD:
It's small bug that shows up randomly.
It means that the custom recovery can't mount your sdcard...
To fix it try this:
selecting "usb-ms toggle".... waiting 3 sec...then push menu-button.
Some times you need to repeat it 2-3 times before you again can get access to the sdcard!
Then choose "flash zip from sdcard" from the menu.)
choose the zip file you pushed in step 6.(should start with hboot)
Follow the instructions on the device screen. JUST DO WHAT IT TELLS YOU TO DO!!!
The device should restart a couple of times...
It's normal if you see a different recovery screen for 10-15 sec... LET IT WORK!
By all means don't interrupt it unless it has taken more then 2 min!
(IF MORE THEN 2 MIN, REMOVE BATTERY)
When it's back in recovery and is doing nothing for 15 sec then your done.
Choose "Power off".
Restart in fastboot and check that your info has changed from what you wrote down earlier...
DONE. You now have eng spl + custom recovery + ROOT... You can now do WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO.. you have complete control over your device :0)
THE END!
Check out some of the tools in my signature :0)
Step 9) ONLY IF YOU DID NOT FIND flash_image IN STEP 7
type:
exit
(you should now be back to windows command promt, if not keep typing exit until you are)
type:
adb push C:\roottools\App\flash_image /data/local/tmp
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 777 ./flash_image
(Now go back and read the text after step 7)
LINK TO ROOTTOOLS:
Cheers!

thanks alot i really appreciate it ..

but when i try to push the image in step 5 it say that

failed to copy 'C:roottools\3.22RAdio\recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0H.img' to ' /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0H.img' : Permission denied

so do u know what the problem is or what should i do ??