New rating guideline for TV announced

webfact

New Rating Guideline For TV Announced
By Khaosod Online

r.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has announced a new rating system for the state-owned TV channels.

Under the new guideline, the so-called ′Free TV′ channels have to label their programmes and reschedule their shows to comply in the following categories:

′Primary′ - content suitable for primary school aged children

′Children′ - content suitable for children between 6-12 years old

′General′ - content suitable for general audiences

′PG 13′ - content suitable for people aged 13 and above, but can be watched by those who are under the recommended age if parental guidance is provided. Under this category, the content can be shown on TV between 20.30 and 05.00.

′PG 18′ - content suitable for people aged above 18 years old; those who are younger that 18 must be provided with parental guidance. The programmes can be shown on TV during 22.00-05.00.

′Exclusive′ - content unsuitable for children and youngsters, and can be viewed on TV only after midnight.

It should be noted that TV programmes in Thailand are already labelled by certain system of categories, a practice criticised by rights group as nanny-state censorship and ridiculed by some Netizens for its confusing standards.

For instance, many on the social network have been left scratching their heads after an obviously harmless cartoon series was rated ′PG18′ by the NBTC, whereas a soap opera featuring a rape scene wore the label ′PG13′.

The NBTC has not publicly commented on the incident, which is being circulated widely on the Thai social network.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09ETTRNVFV4TWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-09-06

there programs are hurt me when I see those soaps on the TV luckily I can see some good soaps via Satellite, the Thai soaps ruin the thinking of the Thai children specially the boys those programs are rubbish, violence on the girls, fyting over women, over money, they give a bad lessons to the young.

• Like 2

I stopped watching Thai censored TV when I noticed several key segments of movies were cut out.

Example: there is a part in the movie 'The Two Jacks' where Jack Nicholson is talking with a very attractive middle aged woman in his real estate office. In the middle of a conversation about real estate, they're about to engage in a passionate embrace. SNIP! the holier-than-thou Thai censors cut out the next minute. I'm so glad they're protecting my innocence - not.

It so happens that, within 5 seconds of hugging and kissing, Jack says without a smile, "Ok, let's do this like adults." and motions for the woman to get down on her hands and knees on the shag carpet. ....best line of the movie, if you ask me.

• Like 1

They missed the important ones.

"MHA" Mental Health Alert, watching this soap could seriously damage your mental health

"DOA" Dreadful Over Acting.

"EPA" Ear Protectors Advised, to guard against horrendous screeching

"NBA" Nasty Bitch Advisory, be aware your wife may regard this as an educational programme

"LBA" Lady Boy Alert, a technique designed to "confuse" viewers

"RPS" Repetitive Plot Syndrome

Over to you. smile.png

NFFA: Not Fit For Anyone.

• Like 1

They missed the important ones.

"MHA" Mental Health Alert, watching this soap could seriously damage your mental health

"DOA" Dreadful Over Acting.

"EPA" Ear Protectors Advised, to guard against horrendous screeching

"NBA" Nasty Bitch Advisory, be aware your wife may regard this as an educational programme

"LBA" Lady Boy Alert, a technique designed to "confuse" viewers

"RPS" Repetitive Plot Syndrome

Over to you. smile.png

NFFA: Not Fit For Anyone.

Even decomposing garbage has its fans: worms, fungi and bacteria.