Advice On Last Minute Extension Of A Non-Imm O Marriage Visa

Dear all, I read a lot about it but are still confused a bit.

I have a non-imm O visa based on marriage which is valid until 17th September. Unfortunately I was not able to meet the cash criteria right know. Funds will be wired after that date.

What are the options to extend the visa?

is it correct that if I use a re-entry visa and do a border-run that I get another 60 days? If yes, when shall I do this border run - this week or exactly on 17th?

Many thanks for any feedback,

Regards

Al

many txs for your feedback-

i applied for a single entry.

isn't it to late for a extension of stay at the immigration? thought must have at least 15 days left of visa.

what form is the 60 day extension application - is it TM86?

Is it your visa that is expiring or your permit to stay that is expiring.

Sixty day extension to visit your wife would be best option.

But it appears that it may not be enough to meet the 60 day money in bank requirement.

Edited by ubonjoe

Is it your visa that is expiring or your permit to stay that is expiring. Sixty day extension to visit your wife would be best option. But it appears that it may not be enough to meet the 60 day money in bank requirement.

no, that is my the main problem. so i guess going out an applying for a tourist vis would be the easiest thing to do - transfer the money and then cahange it (after that the cash has been in the account for 60 days) to a non-imm o visa

The 15 days is for doing a conversion.

You fill out a TM7 for an extension. Wife will need to go with you. Have marriage certificate, wife's ID card and house book plus copies. Copy of your passport pages and TM6 departure card.

The TM86 is to apply for visa which you cannot do.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you are already going out of the country for a visa, why get a tourist visa?

Why not just apply for single entry O visa?

That gives you 3 months an then no need to change to non o... Just extend within the last 30 days

I remember some advising that Savanaket in Laos does not require any proof of funds... But it sounds like OP does have funds, but that the funds are overseas

If doing a visa, no need for funds to be in Thailand, you can show funds in overseas account... Give. That, guess he could go anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It would be better to get another single entry non-o than a tourist visa.

You would pay 1000 baht for tourist visa and then 2000 baht for the conversion.

Edit: No funds are needed anywhere for a single entry O.

Edited by ubonjoe

It would be better to get another single entry non-o than a tourist visa. You would pay 1000 baht for tourist visa and then 2000 baht for the conversion. Edit: No funds are needed anywhere for a single entry O.

Many thanks for the info. one last question.

as i do now already have a single re-entry visa do I first need to use that one. i mean cross border once, let's say thi-lao boarder, and then go back to lao andapply for a single entry o? or can i just to with my single re-entry visa to lao to the thai embassy and ask for a single non-imm o?

It would be better to get another single entry non-o than a tourist visa. You would pay 1000 baht for tourist visa and then 2000 baht for the conversion. Edit: No funds are needed anywhere for a single entry O.

Many thanks for the info. one last question.

as i do now already have a single re-entry visa do I first need to use that one. i mean cross border once, let's say thi-lao boarder, and then go back to lao andapply for a single entry o? or can i just to with my single re-entry visa to lao to the thai embassy and ask for a single non-imm o?

If indeed you have a re-entry permit it will only allow a return up to your permit to stay date !

Do as is suggested by Ubonjoe

The visa you have now has already been used so it is now invalid.

Just go to the embassy or consulate in Laos and apply for a new one.

I guess there is a misunderstanding - let me try again ;o)

I have a non-imm O visa based on marriage which is valid until 17th september 2013. my proof of funds will arrive to the thai account within next days. wasn't able to get it earlier. so i miss the requirement of fund proof in account 60 or even 90 days prior to application.

i have been told to get a re-entry permit and to do a visa run before end of visa so I will optain another 60 days of extenstion.

is that correct or not?

If not - I no have this re-entry visa - what are the best steps to do next.

hope i clarified my situation now a little bit better now. Btw, I do not need to pay Visa fee for Laos as my country is on the exemption list (Luxembourg)

I have a non-imm O visa based on marriage which is valid until 17th september 2013. my proof of funds will arrive to the thai account within next days. wasn't able to get it earlier. so i miss the requirement of fund proof in account 60 or even 90  days prior to application.

i have been told to get a re-entry permit and to do a visa run before end of visa so I will optain another 60 days of extenstion.

is that correct or not?

hope i clarified my situation now a little bit better now. Btw, I do not need to pay Visa fee for Laos as my country is on the exemption list (Luxembourg)

A re-entry permit will give no more days than you have now remaining on your 90 day permit to stay you got when you used your visa for entry. What you were told is wrong.

You keep writing about your visa expiring. Is the 17th when your visa expires or is it the 90 days you got when you entered the country.

I have a non-imm O visa based on marriage which is valid until 17th september 2013. my proof of funds will arrive to the thai account within next days. wasn't able to get it earlier. so i miss the requirement of fund proof in account 60 or even 90 days prior to application.

is that correct or not?

A re-entry permit will give no more days than you have now remaining on your 90 day permit to stay you got when you used your visa for entry. What you were told is wrong.

You keep writing about your visa expiring. Is the 17th when your visa expires or is it the 90 days you got when you entered the country.

I have a non-imm-o 1 year visa based on marriage. until now I only had to show up at the immigration and make my 90 day report

Just go to immigration and ask for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Take your wife with you + Marriage cert, wife's ID and house book.

And when I receive that 60 day extenson i transfer the funds needed for proof 400k, will i then be able to apply for a non-imm-o based on marriage again in thailand or in a embassy outside of thailand

"I have a non-imm-o 1 year visa based on marriage. until now I only had to show up at the immigration and make my 90 day report"

Are you sure you have visa which allows a one year entry ? Normally if you have a "one year visa" it only allows 90 day entries.

I would help if you could say what your visa actually says and its use by/enter by date to together with what the entry stamp you received says (permit to stay until .............)

Edited by Sceptict11

is that correct or not?

I have a non-imm-o 1 year visa based on marriage. until now I only had to show up at the immigration and make my 90 day report

You have an extension of stay not a visa. There is lot of difference between the two.

When exactly do you expect the money to be in the bank?

You can get the one year extension at the end of the 60 day extension. If money is in the bank for 60 days.

If money was in the bank 60 days within 7 days of 60 day extension ending you could get a 7 day extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

"I have a non-imm-o 1 year visa based on marriage. until now I only had to show up at the immigration and make my 90 day report"

Are you sure you have visa which allows a one year entry ? Normally if you have a "one year visa" it only allows 90 day entries.

I would help if you could say what your visa actually says and its use by/enter by date to together with what the entry stamp you received says (permit to stay until .............)

It has been done September 12th, 2012 at Immigration Office1 in Chaeng Wattana Bangkook. It says " allowed to stay in the kingdom until September 17th, 2103. beside is a stamp "Thai Wife". So everytime I want to leave thailandfor holiday or so I have to get a re.entry visa. that is what I know.

Know I additionnally have a single re-entry visa which says "valid until September 17th". I was first beliving that I could extend my visa with a visa run to cambodia or laos by 60 days. which seems to be wrong. it is only needed that I do not loose my 1 year visa when leaving thailand.

that is what I do unserstand now. so 1000 baht down to the river ;-)

nevertheless, if there is no minimum of remaining visa days left to be able to apply for a 60 day extension, then I will choose this way. In the meantime my funds will be wired to my thai account and I will then have all the necessary proofs and documents to be able to re-apply for a "non-imm o based on marriage" Right?

It has been done September 12th, 2012 at Immigration Office1 in Chaeng Wattana Bangkook. It says " allowed to stay in the kingdom until September 17th, 2103. beside is a stamp "Thai Wife". So everytime I want to leave thailandfor holiday or so I have to get a re.entry visa. that is what I know.

Know I additionnally have a single re-entry visa which says "valid until September 17th". I was first beliving that I could extend my visa with a visa run to cambodia or laos by 60 days. which seems to be wrong. it is only needed that I do not loose my 1 year visa when leaving thailand.

that is what I do unserstand now. so 1000 baht down to the river ;-)

nevertheless, if there is no minimum of remaining visa days left to be able to apply for a 60 day extension, then I will choose this way. In the meantime my funds will be wired to my thai account and I will then have all the necessary proofs and documents to be able to re-apply for a "non-imm o based on marriage" Right?

You really need to learn the correct terminology, when you ask questions using incorrect terms you will get erroneous information.

• You don't have a one year visa, you have a one year extension of stay.
  • You don't have a re-entry visa, you have a single re-entry permit.
  • When you say "if there is no minimum of remaining visa days left to be able to apply for a 60 days extension", you really mean if there is no minimum days remaining required on your existing permission to stay. And, yes you can apply for a 60 day extension even on the last days of you permission to stay (but better to do earlier, as the 60 days is added to the end of your current permission to stay).
  • You will not "re-apply for a non-imm o based on marriage", you will apply for a new one year extension based on marriage.

It might seem like nit-picking, but just see how many posts were necessary in this thread before people understood your situation. Most likely the advice for you to get a new re-entry permit was given because the person misunderstood what you had.

Sophon

Which reads:

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an
alien must have an average annual income of not less than
40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank
of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses
within a year.

Do you have a Multi Entry or a Single Entry?

If Single you will get 15 days by land or 30 days by air.

If Multi you will get 90 days.

You can apply for a 60 day extension at Immigration.

Agreed, I flew in just recently with a few days left on my NON-O and received 90 days at Airport Immigration desk.

yes you can apply for a 60 day extension even on the last days of you permission to stay (but better to do earlier, as the 60 days is added to the end of your current permission to stay).

I'm confused here, am I reading this correctly? You can extend your current 1 year extension of stay a further 60 days for visiting Thai wife without losing your current visa status?

I recently went to the immigration office to ask for an extension for 60 days and was told to cross the border and cancel my current 1 year extension and enter on a 15 day visa exempt and then they would give me a 60 day extension to visit wife.

It would be useful if Thai Tom would answer the question and provide some additional info.

I can only state the rules. I am quite aware that some immigration offices make up their own rules or even some officers that are not aware of what the latest rules are.