Working in Thailand now beng retired - Best option to stay

I been working in Thailand for 2.5 years was given notice of retirement from my job for 30 Sept. I am 61 and want to stay here. I am still hoping to find a new job in Bangkok (I am Senior IT Executive) but know it could be difficult. I am not married to my Thai girlfriend, we been together for 4 years. I am looking at a retirement Visa. Do I need to go to Laos or Singapore to do this or can I do it in Thailand because I am retiring here? I do have the 800,000THB in the Thai bank seasoned for 3 month already. Or is a Ed Visa\Student Visa a better option. I have been attending Thai school at AUA every Saturday whilst I have been working so I could easily just do the 20 hours a week for full time for a while but not for ever. I understand I will need to go to Laos to do the Student Visa. What are my best options please? Are there any other?

You simply apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement shwoing 800,000 baht in your bankaccount in Thailand with your (updated) bank book and letter from the bank, preferable done the 30 sept.

If WP and extension are not expiring already on 30sept, visit both labour and immirgation that day to cancel your WP and permission to stay with a letter from your employer stating last day of employement (30 Sept).

Take the usual 1,900 baht, copis of passport etc and passport photo with you. The retirement extension is simply the easiest one. The ED-visa would only be for 90 days at a time, costing more time and money.

Retirement Extension is the easiest but you will not get a Work Permit if you wish to start work again.

What is the process to get a work permit if I do get work again. Travel to Laos/Singapore with paper work from new employer to get new Non B Visa and then work Permit is that correct?

It might mean two trips out. First a tourist visa to apply for work permit then again for the B visa with application receipt. Laos would be best for visas.

The problem is that the labor office will normally not even accept an application with a retirement extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

Mario2008 If i get the HR guys at the office to Cancel Non B Visa and WP on the 30th can I not go to Immigration on October 1st under 24 rule and do this? Also Total 800,000 is in two different Thai accounts if it need to be there for 2 Months as I did not know I was retiring is this ok, if i have document from both banks totally 800K? Do I need Medical Certificate?

You have to take letter with you to cancel the extension yourself and do new extension then.

It is really only until midnight of day extension is cancelled not 24 hours.

It is 60 days for 1st extension. Two bank accounts is OK. No medical needed.

Edited by ubonjoe