PM Yingluck Opens 'Smart Lady Thailand' Reality Show

Lite Beer

PM Yingluck Opens 'Smart Lady Thailand' Reality Show

13784725521378472575l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has presided over the launch of "Smart Lady Thailand", a reality show aimed at promoting the ability of Thai women.

She also gave a speech at the event, which was organised at Impact Arena exhibition centre in north of Bangkok.

For 2 years that she has served as the Prime Minister, Ms. Yingluck said, she has been supporting ′Women Development Fund′ to encourage creative-minded women to actively develop the country, particularly in political and economic aspects.

So far, more than 500,000 women have benefit from over 40,000 government-led campaigns, Ms. Yingluck told the audience, including the ′OSCC 1300′ (One Stop Crisis Centre), a hotline created to support women who suffer from violence and to uphold their universal human rights.

The Prime Minister said that "Smart Lady Thailand" would influence Thai women to develop their specialities and their own minds.

"Women should learn to understand that their ideas could enhance their ability, so they can use their ability to develop the country" Ms. Yingluck said.

Ms. Yingluck also expressed her impression for meeting with Ms. Ladda Tammy Duckworth, the first Thai-American Congresswoman. The Prime Minister said the life of Ms. Duckworth - an injured Iraq War veteran - inspired her to see that physical disability does not always obstruct people from living a fulfilled life.

The reality show will soon be broadcast on Channel 9 and will be hosted by Ms. Mayura Savetsila and Ms. Sasithorn Wattanakul, the famous TV representatives.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09EUTNNalUxTWc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

--KHAOSOD English 2013-09-06

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So far, more than 500,000 women have benefit from over 40,000 government-led campaigns,"

Really, 40,000 campaigns over what period?... under PTP?... that would make more than 35 campaigns daily for the past 3 years?

I have to assume it's just crappy Thai journalism as per usual. Did the editor even bother to question this figure?

Depending on the women on the show it has the potential to have an effect, but TIT, so I am quite confident it will be a typically vacuous television production.

"So far, more than 500,000 women have benefit from over 40,000 government-led campaigns,"

Really, 40,000 campaigns over what period?... under PTP?... that would make more than 35 campaigns daily for the past 3 years?

I have to assume it's just crappy Thai journalism as per usual. Did the editor even bother to question this figure?

Depending on the women on the show it has the potential to have an effect, but TIT, so I am quite confident it will be a typically vacuous television production.

Only 40000? I think our smart lady PM is being far too modest.

A red shirt told me the number was at least 100,000. wink.png

" inspired her to see that physical disability does not always obstruct people from living a fulfilled life."

Trite, meaningless, arrogant, soulless, spoiled woman out of touch with her own people or a Thai/ American hero.

• Like 1

I'm sure the women in the Village's around my way will be very impressed that they are the beneficiaries of 40,000 Government led 'campaigns' to help women in the last two years. I must make sure to ask them if they can name just one of these 'campaigns' and see if they are one of the 500,000 who have been lucky enough to benefit.

Meanwhile back to reality; work your limbs off in the fields, get home and cook, wash clothes etc and then watch out for hubby coming home drunk from Cock Fighting ready to beat the shit out of them if one word out of place is said.........but what does Yingluck know about reality ?

Even better, a reality program where people like yingluck get down and dirty in the rice fields for a few weeks. Reckon she would last 60 seconds

Let's be fair. She has dropped the 'Pretty' bit from the show and decided to just go with 'Smart'. So she's clearly received some good PR advice there.

I've no idea how the contest works or what the prize is but anything has to be better than another Thai soap.

• Like 2

From the lady who is only PM because her brother gave her job as she is family. As far as i can see she has always been a figurehead to be used in family businesses to ensure business stays in the family. This includes Thailand Inc.

• Like 2