Thai women and voodoo.....

Chittychangchang

When my wife told me we must take 9 pigs heads to the temple i agreed without question.

CCC

Did you carry them?

I double bagged them in 7/11 bags, twas a task not akim to ritually flogging oneself with a Birch branch. The sway of the branch helped diminish the hoard of flies attacking our offering.

Afterwards i was truly enlightened and roamed the land for a year preaching the path to enlightenment living of hand outs, then returning to accolade and acceptance.

CCC

why not you adopt some kumantongs too?

You can also attend the kin jay festival and pierce your cheeks and it's a chinese festival.

you've put me off my bacon sandwich noww00t.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re

I wouldn't want someone sticking pins in a voodoo doll of me thanks,

they use wooden sticks here !

on 2 may 12 i found this doll by a tree on the inner side of chiang mais moat and someone had gone to a lot of trouble making it sad.png

on 30 july i found a blue one very beaten up / damaged near the south east corner of the moat which i thought had probably been made by the same person with a stick in it

on 3 december 12 the stick in the fist one had gone and ive never seen it or another one sinse

may to december ... thats a long time for someone to hold a grudge sad.png

dave2

post-42592-0-50744000-1378525563_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05143300-1378525633_thumb.j

post-42592-0-33484000-1378525660_thumb.j

post-42592-0-95283000-1378525712_thumb.j

post-42592-0-60848700-1378525770_thumb.j

• Like 1

Did someone say Black Magic? Mercedes Girl tried it on me last night but I was more interested in my Japanese Berry Crepe. She wasn't very impressed.

7858_1414475108774436_1859855325_n.jpg

I was though, anyway as I was saying, she was doing all these weird hand motions and funny eye thing. I thought she was taking some kind of a fit. blink.png She wasn't very impressed when I said that to her too......so being the industrious type I went looking for a Black magic Woman and ended up watching this on Youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDLLXUaqZxg

I just tried that in my room and knocked over the TV and fridge. One stupid dance has just cost me 25,000 baht. sad.png

Got to say though she's quite impressive, I'll show the clip to Mercedes Girl and tell her to get on with it. She could do with losing a couple of inches. coffee1.gif

Mind you thai black magic is considered one of the most powerful in south east asia perhaps behind indonesia and cambodia. There are practioners of white and black magic and they are called arjans or teachers.

The religious tattoo for example the sak yant is one of the most popular methods of protection and so is the wearing of various amulets. One very popular amulet is the amulet of khun paen. Khun paen is one of the thai characters of folk lore and he is said to have cut open his own wife's belly and taken out his dead unborn child and roasted it and cast a spell unto it turning it into a kumantong aka a child spirit. Khun paen is famous for being sexually attractive towards the opposite sex and i believe he had 2 wives and his name in thai means philanderer. Hence if you wear a khun paen amulet it's supposed to make you more attractive to the opposite sex. You can also request to get the kumantong from these arjans these are child spirits that will protect you and they are well known amongst the people of south east asia. You just need to feed them sweets but don't feed them blood if not it will corrupt them to become evil.

One very famous arjan is arjan nu. He is the one that tattooed the sak yant unto angelina jolie and it cost i think something like a million USD. I am sure you guys must have heard of this.

Posted Image

http://www.justtravelous.com/en/2012/12/sak-yant-tattoo-wat-bang-phra-thailand/

CCC

I went to that link and i saw these western ppl getting these tattoes as something like a joke like something for fun when these tattoes have religious meanings in them. It's just silly to simply tattoo something with religious significance unto you when you don't even believe in it. Oh well.

I am sure angelina got the tattoo cos she wanted to connect closer with her adopted son maddox something like getting involved with his culture even though he is cambodian.

That is Cambodian script. A well oiled lovely script it be. God my life sucks compared to Brads. :mellow:

Hocus pocus, voodoo, black magic, spells and curses, are similar to religion, it`s all based on fear. The take heed or you’re going to suffer form of installing fear and power of mind over the gullible.

The only thing to fear is the power of suggestion and the imagination and beliefs of our own minds. For some it really stems back to their childhood, when the parents used to say; behave yourself or the bogeyman will get you.

My main fears are of the living, not of fake curses, monsters and things that go bump in the night, useless the things they go bump in the night is a living person wanting to break in, rob and murder me.

People that believe in all this crap are those who have lack of confidence in the power of their true selves, have guilty consciences about something they have done or have not done or those who are easily manipulated, influenced or of lower intellect.

• Like 1

Mind you thai black magic is considered one of the most powerful in south east asia perhaps behind indonesia and cambodia. There are practioners of white and black magic and they are called arjans or teachers.

The religious tattoo for example the sak yant is one of the most popular methods of protection and so is the wearing of various amulets. One very popular amulet is the amulet of khun paen. Khun paen is one of the thai characters of folk lore and he is said to have cut open his own wife's belly and taken out his dead unborn child and roasted it and cast a spell unto it turning it into a kumantong aka a child spirit. Khun paen is famous for being sexually attractive towards the opposite sex and i believe he had 2 wives and his name in thai means philanderer. Hence if you wear a khun paen amulet it's supposed to make you more attractive to the opposite sex. You can also request to get the kumantong from these arjans these are child spirits that will protect you and they are well known amongst the people of south east asia. You just need to feed them sweets but don't feed them blood if not it will corrupt them to become evil.

One very famous arjan is arjan nu. He is the one that tattooed the sak yant unto angelina jolie and it cost i think something like a million USD. I am sure you guys must have heard of this.

angelina_jolie.jpg

http://www.justtravelous.com/en/2012/12/sak-yant-tattoo-wat-bang-phra-thailand/

CCC

I went to that link and i saw these western ppl getting these tattoes as something like a joke like something for fun when these tattoes have religious meanings in them. It's just silly to simply tattoo something with religious significance unto you when you don't even believe in it. Oh well.

I am sure angelina got the tattoo cos she wanted to connect closer with her adopted son maddox something like getting involved with his culture even though he is cambodian.

That is Cambodian script. A well oiled lovely script it be. God my life sucks compared to Brads. mellow.png

it might be cambodian but the fact is it's also done by thais.

Spells, Magic, Witchcraft, High Magic, Black Magic, White Magic, Voodoo or what ever it is called I've never experienced it first hand or am I interested. But... I would never say it is totally BS.

It 'exists' all over the world.

Thai women must use some sort of voodoo. Look at all the silly men they seem to mesmerize and take under their spell. There are hundreds of stories on thaivisa of men who get taken in by some bar girl and lose their entire life savings after only a few weeks or less together ..

• Like 1

Thai women must use some sort of voodoo. Look at all the silly men they seem to mesmerize and take under their spell. There are hundreds of stories on thaivisa of men who get taken in by some bar girl and lose their entire life savings after only a few weeks or less together ..

Was it you who once said on another topic that you took youre ex-husband in Canada to the cleaners........

Was it you who once said on another topic that you took youre ex-husband in Canada to the cleaners........

wow now this sounds like some hot gossip that is interesting.

A couple of relevant stories.

About a year ago I was hearing from Thai friends that an ex of mine (who was also a good friend of theirs) was planning to use 'magic' to win me back. The ex is from Surin, so apparently this 'threat' was quite believable to them ... Surin ladies are believed to have such 'powers' because of their Khmer heritage, as I understand it. My current gf of three years was also concerned when I told her (perhaps not the smart thing to do), and she once said she would go to a monk to counter the 'magic' (I don't know if she did). Anyway, I haven't felt the smallest amount of interest in going back to the ex, so maybe the spell still needs some work :-)

2nd story: A few weeks after I started seeing my current gf I joked that I think she 'must have put something in my coffee because I think about her all the time'. It was just a throw-away comment made as a playful joke. But she react angrily/defensively, insisting she would never do such a thing. Later--once we knew each other better and talked about the incident--I understood that she thought I was accusing her of using 'magic' to catch me. Now I can make the joke and there's some extra humour attached to it. :-)

• Like 1

I can't stand this superstitious BS.

I'm living with a 'gf' nun that spend 100 percent of her free time praying to buddha,

and throwing holy water around with some vegetables.

0 percent time playing with my stuff

Edited by poanoi

re

I wouldn't want someone sticking pins in a voodoo doll of me thanks,

they use wooden sticks here !

on 2 may 12 i found this doll by a tree on the inner side of chiang mais moat and someone had gone to a lot of trouble making it sad.png

on 30 july i found a blue one very beaten up / damaged near the south east corner of the moat which i thought had probably been made by the same person with a stick in it

on 3 december 12 the stick in the fist one had gone and ive never seen it or another one sinse

may to december ... thats a long time for someone to hold a grudge sad.png

dave2

Thanks for posting the pics dave2.

It must be part of Thai culture it's so widespread, every Thai i've spoken to believe.

CCC

I do not know about vodoo, but they sure believe in ghost. Until recently, my wife would not go out at night unless I was with her. The house we bought at the first of the year, was heavily discounted because of the ghost that occupied it. All of the neighbors knew about it, but no one told the wife a thing until last month. The neighbor wanted to know how we had mades friends with the ghost. If the wife had known about the ghost, we would never have bought the house. The wife claims to have made peace with the ghost, and they are happy for us to live here.

Such is life in LOS.

A year or so back my ex gf shouted in my ear to stop the mbike

She then jumped off threw her helmet on the floor and did a really good impression of hitler ie shouting and banging her fist onto her shoulder area etc.

After a rant in english of a few mins she put the helmet on got on the bike and said baa

Wisely i kept mouth shut when we got home i reckon we must have passed a haunted 7/11 or haunted som tam stall

Another day for a why i cant remember she swung a chair at me hit the wall and a chair leg fell off think chair haunted

I know a guy who had a haunted high heel imbedded in his head so he went on his haunted mbike to the not haunted hospital

Exhorsism thats the only answer

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

ill have to agree they all believe in it,

my wife says if you here someone shout your name in the night dont go outside,

but i will say one thing,

when we was building our house i got bit by a scorpion on my finger as i was lifting some blocks, hurt like bloody hell, my wife took me to see grandpa,

he put some wood in his mouth put some water in, swilled it round a bit,

blew it onto my finger, and it bloody stoped hurting within seconds,

now ask your wifes or girlfriends about that,,

jake

• Like 1

No, I just said I got what was coming to me for a 10 year marriage that he chose to end by having sex with a woman I thought was a friend. It cost him a lot financially when we both got a 50-50 split. That is how no fault marriage works in Canada. I think we both gained by getting our freedom back.

Marriage is great if both spouses work at it, but not so good if only one spouse contributes. If that is the case then people a better off single. Couples that fight all the time are better off single. Unfortunately, many unhappy couples stay together for the sake of their children.

• Like 1

Friend of my wife told her that she used magic to help win over her husband. One thing she says she did was put her own mentrual blood on the pillow he slept on.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

HMMm close but not quite,

blood is kept, put in a bag with some times a small bit of magic wood, put under the mans pillow and then the praying comes, and offerings of gifts too the said spirit's and BOB's ur uncle.

LOOK MUM I'm mallid lady nowwai2.gif

but a lot more ez for a northern hill tribe man to get a wife, just cut the head off a chicken pour the blood of said chicken over your intended wife a few words too the spirits and again, LOOK MUM i'm mallid man nowwai2.gif, that or a few pig's n chickens with a few boxes of cold beer smokes and a sweaty wade of cashburp.gif