Ais Mobile Problems

gharknes

anyone else in pattaya having problems calling other networks from their mobile phone, I get a network busy message every time I try to call a DTAC or other network mobile, I haave reported this but they have no idea what the problem is, in fact the guy tried to blame DTAC, I said I can ring DTAC 100% from my landline so the problem is AIS, he tried the number himself and it was fine. Be interested in heaaring from anyone else with same problem

I use AIS too and I've been experiencing the same problem for six or seven months now, usually in the evening. Last night I tried to contact a TRUE number sixteen times, each time receiving the message "No Connection" on my phone. Eventually I connected but it is irritating. Calling a DTAC number can be hit and miss also.

anyone else in pattaya having problems calling other networks from their mobile phone, I get a network busy message every time I try to call a DTAC or other network mobile, I haave reported this but they have no idea what the problem is, in fact the guy tried to blame DTAC, I said I can ring DTAC 100% from my landline so the problem is AIS, he tried the number himself and it was fine. Be interested in heaaring from anyone else with same problem

Yes, I have been having the same problem in the evenings for the last couple of days. Other people seem to be able to call me, but I cannot call out.

I can however send text messages for some reason. :o

When in Pattaya over the New Year I had the same problem contacting Dtac numbers.

Landlines and uk numbers were no problem.

On my return to Chaing Mai the problem was no more.

Could it be a problem with a transmitter in Pattaya. Dtac or Ais?

Inside Story..... as far as I know, AIS has intentionally left their interconnecting trunks too small, and at times from what I hear, programme the system to block calls.

When your big, you can play these games. They are in no rush to improve this problem

Edited by skippybangkok

When in Pattaya over the New Year I had the same problem contacting Dtac numbers.

Landlines and uk numbers were no problem.

On my return to Chaing Mai the problem was no more.

Could it be a problem with a transmitter in Pattaya. Dtac or Ais?

looks to me like a big scam, they have now shut down sms to other networks

i believe what ais is doing is generating money from people calling their support desk.......which should be free but it isn't, so evey problem you have with ais and call them ..they make money, this is so crooked it's unbelieveable, my first words when i ring them is....i have a problem with your service ring me back....they still manage to keep me on the line for at least 1 min

imagine if your service fails you can make money when people call to report it......my ais days are numbered, i firmly believe they do these things to generate money........last week i was billed 2 times for my gprs, the cost in calls to sort it out cost more than the extra billing....go figure

It's an AIS internal problem caused by insufficient capacity, and they are in no hurry to correct it. Tne "network busy" signal is Thailand wide, and not just restricted to Pattaya. Yes, it is infuriating when you can't reach a Dtac number from an AIS phone, and the only answer would seem to be cancelling your AIS contract. I will be cancelling my AIS account shortly and changing carriers, as I am wholeheartedly fed up with it.

Another example....... why was it that TOT's mobile company got 11 million subscriber #'s when they only had 100,000 customers, and DTAC / Hutch and Orange have mega problems getting more nubers to support growth.......

I guess AIS / Taksin would not have anything to do with that ?

Of course not.

I dumped my AIS number 3 years ago, and my bills went down 3 fold. Not going down that route anymore

Edited by skippybangkok