Using Spotify in Pattaya without a Proxy?

media

I have a UK spotify account £4.99 per month, I use it in Pattaya on my Mac via the Spotify App using a UK Proxy,
A guy I spoke to yesterday says he uses his spotify without a proxy on his ipad in Pattaya using TT&T 3BB (not the free version of spotify though but not sure if he has a £9.99 Pro account or the 4.99 account)

Just wondering has anyone else used a paid spotify account in Pattaya/Thailand without a Proxy?

I dont dare open the Spotify app without the Proxy through fear they might suss out im in Thailand and block me

(As most people are aware Spotify is not supported in Thailand)

I recommend the Boxpn VPN service... it will be useful for many sites... that'll cost you about $5 - $8 per month depending on the degree of security you want.

... or you can save money and just use the Tor Browser.

Edited by tropo

Why pay for a VPN? I get mine free at: http://www.superfreevpn.com

Reliability, customer service, choice of many location servers around the world on a global network. You're just not going to get that for free.

https://www.boxpn.com/vpn-server-network.aspx

I use Singapore, where they have 5 servers, which provides the best speed from Thailand. I've rarely been disconnected in a year.

Edited by tropo

For Spotify you dont need to be able to select servers around the world. All you need is one node in the UK (or wherever your Spotify account is based) that you can access briefly once every 10 days or so. A Tor browser wont do it but the superfreevpn mentioned should do the job very well if you prefer not to pay a monthly VPN fee for just one short connection.

Of course some people may have other reasons for wanting a VPN, and if they want to pay for that then it's up to them. I do too. But I wouldnt get a pay VPN just for Spotify.

I have never had any problems with superfreevpn i believe hey are out of the states but for free with no problems who cares.

I care about reliability and speed so much that I don't want to rely on free services. I also have the ability to switch to servers all over the world. After much investigation I believe Boxpn is one of the best in the world right now.

Edited by tropo

Anyone wondering why Pay for a VPN should see this short youtube vid

Having a pro account instead of a FREE account gives faster badwidth without restrictions and you can choose from a list of servers in many different countries. its good. It also means you can use BBC iPlayer and Spotify etc etc

Last night I listened to Spotify using my £4.99 p/m account using my normal TRUE internet and it worked fine!

So basically I think this thread is solved.

Using Spotify here in Pattaya Thailand is possible without a proxy using the spotify app and a £4.99 p/m Spotify account

Thanks for everyone who contributed.

You can use Spotify here either with a VPN (one connection per 10-14 days is enough) or you can just upgrade to the 9.99 package and not use a VPN at all.