Do You Get Excited By the Color of Gao Mung Gawn DragonFruit?

OldChinaHam

Do you get excited by the color RED?

Well, not exactly red particularly.

I am talking about the color of that DragonFruit you see around you sometimes when you have been in Thailand fruit markets at the right time of

Day and Season.

The reason I mention this right now is that I just took one of my longish strolls down to a shop in Chiang Mai,

And the sun was out, and the cars were all over the place in long lines and making so much noise when they were rolling, too.

I got ravenously thirsty and it being a Sunday afternoon in this heat, there were very few shops open except some of those 7s everyone here likes to talk about but I never go in, even if I am starving or I am parched, which I certainly was after my great long walk today.

Finally I got home, and I was thirsty enough that this was all that was on my mind,

Except there was one other thing on my mind,

The Gao Mung Gawn! The DragonFruit which is red on the inside if you buy that variety, which I always do.

So there I am, just stumbling in after hours of walking and it was like coming in from a day in Death Valley,

I kept thinking there are 3 Gao Mung Gawn in the fridge!

And everyone knows that when one is starving, this is the best time to have something to eat, because there is no spice like appetite to improve a meal.

And knowing this, and never having even eaten a Gao Mung Gawn, I knew this might be the perfect time while I was still uncannily thirsty.

Well, I guess we all recall that passage and scene in the book and in the film of Tom Jones and his Squeeze sharing a sexy meal with all the drippings of shrimp and pudding and pie covering their chins and juices running everywhere. Yes, that was one of the most intellectually stimulating passages in literature you will remember.

And it was like this with me,

I threw open the door of the refrigerator and tore open the skins of the Gao Mung Gawn,

Not caring where particularly the juices might be running.

I just shoved that meat into my open quivering mouth and let my tongue absorb this greatest of fruit of Thailand.

Of course my hands and face were a red mess of pulp when I had sated my thirst,

What do you expect?

And I am just here asking, when you eat this wondrous fruit of Thailand, one of the best in the world, for sure,

Do you prefer the White, or the Red.

The Red is not so easy to eat without making a colorful mess if you are not very careful.

But it is EXCITING!

I have heard the WHITE is about the same in taste,

But not EXCITING.

And, really, what is it that excites us about the color red, anyway.

We all know from experience that the women in RED make our pulse beat faster.

And the color red on one's cape, some say, is just asking for it from the BULL in Spain.

So do you get turned on my this color?

Why? It just does not seem rational.

And can you ever get enough of the cheap Gao Mung Gawn DragonFruit while you are in Thailand,

So that you do not need to miss it too much if you ever leave Thailand?

DragonFruit Gao Mung Gawn. I paid only 18 Baht for one at the Market near the University a week ago.

Glad I ate all three today.

Gave me something to talk to you about, too.

Edited by Tywais
Changed to standard color font

From Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Sorry.

Truly did not realize, or truly did not think it through (I suppose that there are some whose retinas may not be so sensitive to certain colors! I got it now.)

A red dragon fruit is a perfect metaphor for Thailand. It looks so inviting and exciting. But after consuming it, one is left wondering why he forked out the money.

I would have said a dragonfruit is like a red pinafore, not a metaphor but more like a simile:

2013-fashion-sexy-women-skirts-slim-pina

• Like 1

Does anyone recall last time they took one of those Stress Tab 600 mg Vitamin C and B complex vitamin supplements?

Sometimes they use a dye which turns your urine dark orange.

Where do that come from, the dye I mean?

I am thinking that whoever puts the dye on the stresstabs might also be using the same thing inside the dragonfruit.

I mean, it seems to turn your urine dark orange, or something.

Maybe not.

Maybe it is just concentrated after dehydration from walking in Death Valley along not Thanoon Suthep, but along some other major highway trying to find the wrong gate at the University.

Now though, looking at this luscious fruit in red,

I have not much time to worry about Ps.

Edited by OldChinaHam

Me tinks you have a dragon fruit fetish no?

I've never tried it but I shall keep it in mind. As long as it's not like durian that is. Yuk.

I was truly a fool,

Not to try Gao Mung Gawn the minute I stepped off the plane in Chiang Mai!

Think of all the days wasted.

I think the only thing I would change about this fruit is to make it slightly harder, or firmer, when you bite into it.

The seeds should be just a hair crunchier.

And I would choose a bit more tartness.

It is just juicy enough without being too juicy.

And I like it deep red which reminds me of some things I've seen since I lost my virginity.

Then, of course, you cannot really eat a Gao Mung Gawn without thinking of the beautiful women and girls of 20 around here,

Who are just as luscious and brainy as this Gao Mung Gawn is beautiful and seductive.

Recall that Rousseau liked his Tahiti, and now I know what it was that he liked.

The fruit, the jungle, the beautiful women, that all seem to flow together and overcome the senses until we old guys are swooning from over stimulation.

I would I were another painter or something so that I could have a groupie following and just paint beautiful things with and without their civilizing skins.

To me, the biting into a red Gao Mung Gawn is the same as the anticipation I feel when tasting the taste I see everywhere everyday.

Yes, I was a fool not to arrive here much sooner when I could have done far more tasting, and much more drooling.

HenriRousseau-ApesintheOrangeGrove.jpeg

Edited by OldChinaHam

A red dragon fruit is a perfect metaphor for Thailand. It looks so inviting and exciting. But after consuming it, one is left wondering why he forked out the money.

And then he claims the fruit doesn't really care about him and enticed him to spend all his money foolishly and that he was outsmarted by the fruit.

• Like 1