pinlock visor

robblok

Hi,

On my Shoei GT air I got a pinlock visor, i expected it to be on the outside but they placed it on the inside so i assume its an anti fog pilock. Is there a way to have an other one on the outside as I think its more important to protect the outside of scratches and so on then the inside.

My worst fear is always scratches on the visor because it really impairs viability. I have no experience with the Shoei visors are the relatively good scratch resistant ? I do know I love the helmet its better as my HTC butt hat visor was badly scratched and i almost never had it down.

But driving a bit faster you need to have the visor down especially if you use contact lenses as they dry out easy.

Any pinlock visor you get will be made out of a softer material than the hard plastic visor and is also more susceptible to scratches- you want it on the inside.

Also, you won't find a Shoei visor with pins on the outside- I don't think any are made for the outside of the shield (unlike race tear-offs).

I have a Shoei and the visors seem to last OK.

I used to use a clear visor and a tinted inner visor - thinking that at night I'd just remove the tinted visor. That never happened and since then I bought a tinted shoei visor and discovered how much the double-layer visor adversely affects vision.

Any pinlock visor you get will be made out of a softer material than the hard plastic visor and is also more susceptible to scratches- you want it on the inside.

Also, you won't find a Shoei visor with pins on the outside- I don't think any are made for the outside of the shield (unlike race tear-offs).

Ok thank you for educating me.

I thought it would be logical to have them on the outside as you can replace them at lower cost. But thanks for educating me (not sarcasm).

I got the pinloc on the inside.. so that must be anti fog ?

Ok thank you for educating me.

I thought it would be logical to have them on the outside as you can replace them at lower cost. But thanks for educating me (not sarcasm).

I got the pinloc on the inside.. so that must be anti fog ?

I only learned about pin-lock visors when I got my own GT-Air (I never had one before).;)

Yes, it's mainly for anti-fog purposes but (as mentioned above) there are various tints and colors available to deal with different light conditions as well.