Berri Estates Wine

jdean

The Montclair post got good mileage so let us see what you think of the 3 liter boxes from Berri Estates. I bought the red and white boxes at Jungceylon Big C recently for 659 Baht. The box says the wines are from Australia and that the white is Chardonnay style while the red is Cabernet Sauvingnon style. They are bottled/packaged by Siam Winery in Samut Sakon. They are competitive with the Bodega boxes from Chile, however these are not always available any more (at least when I look).

sorry mate but I cannot come at boxed wine that is re-constituted which these are, They have a very short shelf life so even if they taste great when you try them by the time you finish the cask it will taste like sh*t plus here it will probably sit on the shelf far too long to taste good at all. Even in Australia I rarely bought a cask of wine, great for piss ups for non wine drinkers or to get hald cut before going out(ladies) but that is it, if you like wine, bottles are the only way to go.

I have a box of that white in the fridge now. Wife brought it home as she couldn't find the Bodega.

Not great quality as you would expect in a cask. As with seajae I never drank cask wine in Australia.

Very tart taste initially, but after a few mouthfuls it's OK. No more than that.

I really miss my good Australian wines which just aren't available here.

There is mention of Berri Estates wine on the Montclair thread.............why not add this to it/merge them as it already covers wine in general?

That thread became very wordy and a small specific question like this would become lost in all the guff.

I stopped reading it after a few pages.

Plus that thread is very badly titled.

Edited by Old Croc