Old enough to know better: Thailand's infamous Full Moon Party turns 25

webfact

I hope that the FMP carries on for many years -it is supporting the infrastructure of the island.

I wish it was supporting the well-being and sustainability of the island...

Unfortunately money here only seems to support the pockets of those locals in power, and the environmental and social havoc they wreak with it.

I hope that the FMP carries on for many years -it is supporting the infrastructure of the island.

I wish it was supporting the well-being and sustainability of the island...

Unfortunately money here only seems to support the pockets of those locals in power, and the environmental and social havoc they wreak with it.

Come on Jose - it's not that bad.

13 years ago - the only lights on KPG that I could see on the south coast were at Tong Sala.

Now the island looks like little Blackpool with all of the lights along the roads. A string of lights from West to East.

Also - you have a few bits of concrete to drive on now. (Some of them even go somewhere.)

Lastly - there is many a time that I have been sitting in darkness on my deck waiting for the latest power cut to end - yet you are still lit up like a Christmas tree on KPG. sad.png

and that little lot is just what I can see from Samui. (OK I cannot really see the concrete roads.)whistling.gif

AND Tescos has arrived! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sydney used to be so quiet and remote with beautiful unspoilt beachs

then somebody dumped thier garbage there [prisioners]

and now its a heaving metropolis where drugs are readily avaliable [if you know where to find them]

alcohol is freely available [even brew thier own]

beaches are no longer pristine and many walk naked on the beachs [or near enough]

ive been there once and god forbid dont want to go back[im still talking about sydney]

Sounds to me like you were high on drugs when you were there?

What a stupid post to write. Let me guess your English? Ok well England once upon a time was an idealic land far away with rolling hilss, forest and wildlife. Then for some reason the Roman Empire decided to expand all those years ago and spread across the world. Now look you have cespits called Manchester, Blackpool and London to name a few If your not English you can apply a similar pattern to your country.

You know its funny, I grew up in Sydney and the beaches I lived in hardly had any people on them at all, still don't. And believe it or not still have national parks and rainforest backing on to the beach.

• Like 1

I don't see why I would travel halfway across the world to go to a party surrounded by smashed farang. No thanks.

That's because you're old.
How do you know how old I am? I'm probably younger than you.

Because only an old person would say that. For the people who attend the full moon party, travelling halfway across the world to party with smashed Farang is about the best thing they can imagine.

Each to their own me thinks. I for one would never go to a full moon party, but hey I am not 18-22yrs old anymore.

Would I have gone at that age if I had the chance and got high on drugs and drunk as a skunk.......f@@k yeah !

Each to their own me thinks. I for one would never go to a full moon party, but hey I am not 18-22yrs old anymore.

Would I have gone at that age if I had the chance and got high on drugs and drunk as a skunk.......f@@k yeah !

Take another look at how much fun Tom Hiddleston had with his short dance; you don't need a crowded beach full of partygoers to have the time of your life - with the right ambience, any lil old beach under the FM will do.

Edited by Jose

wou hardly call it infamous as people go there to engjoy so it is world wide famous.

yes bad behavier goes on. Part of letting all stress go that is like saying Glastonberry is infamous.

Personally i don't go there but allot of the surrounds islands business profit fom this party. Inlucding Koh Phagan, Koh Samui and Koh Tao.

SO it is not all bad. People come from all over the world to this famous party like a tourist attraction.

Personally i hope it stays. if they have put up with it for 25 years then there is no reason why they cannot ut up with is it for another 25 years.

Just young people having fun and some have very bad accidents. not really suprising but it is what it is

Sydney used to be so quiet and remote with beautiful unspoilt beachs

then somebody dumped thier garbage there [prisioners]

and now its a heaving metropolis where drugs are readily avaliable [if you know where to find them]

alcohol is freely available [even brew thier own]

beaches are no longer pristine and many walk naked on the beachs [or near enough]

ive been there once and god forbid dont want to go back[im still talking about sydney]

Sounds to me like you were high on drugs when you were there?

What a stupid post to write. Let me guess your English? Ok well England once upon a time was an idealic land far away with rolling hilss, forest and wildlife. Then for some reason the Roman Empire decided to expand all those years ago and spread across the world. Now look you have cespits called Manchester, Blackpool and London to name a few If your not English you can apply a similar pattern to your country.

You know its funny, I grew up in Sydney and the beaches I lived in hardly had any people on them at all, still don't. And believe it or not still have national parks and rainforest backing on to the beach.

Africa used to be un spoilt until neanderthals. decided to become human and walk around naked with not respect for the wildlife.

• Like 1

I don't see why I would travel halfway across the world to go to a party surrounded by smashed farang. No thanks.

That's because you're old.
How do you know how old I am? I'm probably younger than you.

Because only an old person would say that. For the people who attend the full moon party, travelling halfway across the world to party with smashed Farang is about the best thing they can imagine.

I think all that shows is their level of maturity.

Went there once 2 years ago for new years. Too many people. Got drunk lost my friends woke up in the street and forgot it all.

Never again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

U remembered losing your friends maybe they had sore bum

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Not visiting Koh Phangan because of the Full Moon Party, is like not visiting Madrid because of bull fighting. Just ignore the bull fight area, or just ignore Haad Rin. Koh Phangan is Thailand's fifth biggest island and it has a lot to offer. Haad Rin is just a spot on the map, and the island is probably the best kept secret in Thailand. I've been living here for a couple of years now and only once I made it to Haad Rin and the Full Moon Party. It wasn't for me. But I just love this island and so does a lot of other people. Full Moon is getting more and more marginalized and I'll be surprised if it survive another 25 years.post-159147-0-71479000-1383280311_thumb.

• Like 2

I think all that shows is their level of maturity.

I think all your post shows is your level of boredom in life or possibly a wish that you were of the age that actually went out and enjoyed life to the full and had fun? but instead choose to act oh so superior and sensible to everyone else by making complete utter random sweeping generalisations and judgements on the mindset and maturity of the people who wish and choose to participate in those parties.

Remember many many people who go there do not end up comatose and in hospital or in a police cell. Many actually go, have FUN yes FUN and enjoy dancing, having drinks with no problems whatsoever or is that to hard to comprehend?

Me. personally, as i have already said it is not my scene but it is not my place to judge every single person who does go there as being immature, i'm sure you'll be along soon enough to enlighten us/them all just as to the perfect "mature" way to live our life and live it to the full without having fun......�

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

nothing wrong with being young and getting completly smashed ona tropical beach a few times in your life before you hit adult hood and have to get your head down in a office job and start worrying about morgage payments.

also i hope full moon savives as it is the world famous one and the first one. which bring tourists, tourists bring business, business brings money,money brings food and luxury items, luxury items brings me a new car and mia noi and my kids schools.

• Like 2